Feb 14, 2020, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
Graupner's USA office is being shut down.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2020, 12:48 PM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull
Graupner's USA office is being shut down.
Thunder Tiger didn't stay 'back' for very long then

I still think it was most likely an effort to sell off old stock.
Feb 17, 2020, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie
Thunder Tiger didn't stay 'back' for very long then

I still think it was most likely an effort to sell off old stock.
Thunder Tiger is still around it's Graupner USA's office that is being shut down. SJ Propo decided that it was too expensive to run an overseas office. I don't know how this will affect Thunder Tiger's distribution in the USA.

Thunder Tiger's main business has always been R/C cars and boats and they are still huge in that area.
Feb 17, 2020, 08:49 PM
rc user
I'm not hearing much about TT cars these days.
the big players are Traxxas and Arrma.
Feb 19, 2020, 08:19 PM
Thread OP
Dunno what's going to happen with Graupner radios in the US now. SJ Propo is still around but who knows if they will stay in the US market.
Mar 02, 2020, 01:29 PM
I just hope I squirreled away enough spare parts for my eRaptors. I never thought they would ever go belly up, how long has the Raptor line been in production? 30 years?
Mar 02, 2020, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA Outlaw
I just hope I squirreled away enough spare parts for my eRaptors. I never thought they would ever go belly up, how long has the Raptor line been in production? 30 years?
Thunder Tiger is still around and is fine it's just their US distributor that's shutting down. SJ Propo apparently doesn't want to run their own US distribution office anymore and would rather just sell product to someone else and let them worry about it. That doesn't work well with today's hobby market because they always have some high minimum order requirement. This is why you pretty much can't get RJX helis in the US anymore they have a $10,000 minimum order requirement for dealers and hobby shops said "*#%& that". That model seems to work in asia and the EU, but not in the US.

SJ Propo (who actually owns Graupner now) are closing the US office and supposedly planning to change their distribution model in the US. SJ Propo recently moved their factory from China back to South Korea (which is a good thing IMO) and have been doing some other restructuring. SJ Propo makes stuff OEM for a lot of other companies (Hyperion and Gaui servos for example) so they aren't supported just by their own internal brands. Before the original germany based Graupner went bankrupt SJ Propo were making Graupner's radios and servos so they already had the production lines and just purchased the brand and IP so they could keep selling the products.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 02, 2020 at 02:07 PM.
Apr 02, 2020, 01:32 AM
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
Quote:
This is why you pretty much can't get RJX helis in the US anymore they have a $10,000 minimum order requirement for dealers and hobby shops said "*#%& that".
That model seems to work in asia and the EU, but not in the US.
rest assured that RJX helis are almost dead worldwide... there is a little shop in Spain with a few RJX nitro and electric kits left that have been on sale for a long while now and I don't expect them to be sold anytime soon. LOL

also I have no idea who now carries TT helis since Graupner germany shut down.
I have been told a few years back that the 700, 550 and the 500D fuselage were the only ones in production by that time.
I will miss the Raptor canopies, though...
Apr 02, 2020, 04:12 PM
rc user
Hobbyking has RJX.. whoops, not in stock.
funny, it's the only heli kit they list now, and it's been gone for ages.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rjx-vect...opter-kit.html
Apr 02, 2020, 04:36 PM
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
the Vector 700 is the only kit displayed at the official RJX website.
this brand founded by a german who now lives in China with his wife, is dead for quite a long time now
Apr 03, 2020, 06:49 AM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
Quote:
Thunder Tiger is still around and is fine it's just their US distributor that's shutting down.
It's a much bigger issue than just the US distributor. I'm in the UK and TT helis havent been available here for years, nor are they available in Europe as far as i know. You see a few unknown sellers trying to sell the TT 550 on eBay. Seems to me like they are just old stock that's still sitting around in the retail chain for years, not new product. Lets face facts, TT are 'dead in the water' as far as helis are concerned.
Apr 11, 2020, 01:04 PM
The G4 E720 was the most beautiful, awesome quality and brilliantly mechanical helicopter Thunder Tiger ever Produced.

Imagine what we would have had today if they continued their line of helicopters and produced them with the same inspiration that they used to do ! ! !

Until this day it still boggles my mind as to how no one bailed them out buying the heli line, keeping the talented designers and builders in tact to continue producing this magnificent machine.

I so desperately wanted to get the G4 E720 and was wanting the E820 as well.

It is beyond devastating and sad to see this legendary helicopter manufacturer, built their best looking/quality machine yet and see it all fall into the black of darkness, never to be seen again ! ! ! ! I still dream about the G4 720 in my sleep and will be for many years to come ! ! ! !
Last edited by Axefly; Apr 12, 2020 at 05:13 AM.
Apr 12, 2020, 05:09 AM
self edit
Apr 14, 2020, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axefly
self edit
Thunder Tiger is still around they just mostly got out of helicopters.
Apr 14, 2020, 08:45 PM
rc user
and cars.

wait, what do they sell now?

looks like they have some scale trucks or crawlers maybe but their presence is very small.

Quick Reply