No, its new to me! Expensive @ $19.45 per can! Thanks for sharing it
Nov 27, 2017, 10:18 PM
Yeah :-) It's called: Spray foam insulation ~5$ a can at any Home Despot store
Nov 28, 2017, 07:21 AM
Flying Models for 55 Years
It said nothing about being Foam Insulation
Nov 28, 2017, 10:25 AM
Space Coast USA
That is not the gorilla polyurethane glue we use which bubbles up. It is a different chemical, I think it's a PVA type adhesive.

1/2 the price
https://www.dickblick.com/products/g...ontent=Gorilla
Nov 28, 2017, 01:18 PM
I'm wondering if they're just putting their clear glue in a can.

hoppy, good find ! I'm going to pull the trigger on this one.
Nov 28, 2017, 01:36 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
If you check the main website you'll find it's not spray insulation, not PVA (white glue), not their clear glue. Appears to be a contact cement -- spray thin both sides, let dry, stick together is one way they recommend.

Problem I've had with all spray glues is keeping the can alive over long term multiple uses. I always clear the nozzle but I think they develop internal clots with storage. So I buy the smallest cans I can find, as cheap as I can find. Usually Elmer's Spray at Walmart.
Nov 28, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter
It said nothing about being Foam Insulation
Gorilla glue is (was?) basically the liquid part of Spray Foam insulation, sold in a squeeze bottle. .. at elevated price.
This New and again typically Overpriced stuff is something entirely different then ?
I'm not willing to play their game... regardless.
Even 3m #77 spray glue is less aggressively priced.
Besides, those are Big cans and my 20 year old one is still alive and working well.
Dec 05, 2017, 09:02 PM
I just tried some and it's just as aggressive as 3M77.

I tried it on pink (HD) and green (Lowes) XPS.

You can see how the Lowes foam collapses with finger pressure and
how it ate the pink foam.

... probably great on DTF.
Dec 06, 2017, 11:02 AM
treefinder
I wouldn't be surprised if both the propellant and adhesive eat styrofoam.
Dec 07, 2017, 09:04 AM
Jack
When I am putting colored 2.2 mil packing tape on bare foam I first spay a light coating of Duro #01088 aerosol contact adhesive on the bare foam to improve the adhesion between the fape and the foam. I spray that on from arm's length or so away to dissipate the solvent that damages the foam in the air as the adhesive collects on the foam.

There will sometimes be minor pock marks from the Duro adhesive but when the tape is on those cannot be seen.

The Duro #01088 is similar to the 3M 77 aerosol adhesive but is only about 1/3rd the cost,

The adhesive bonded tape makes a major contribution to the stiffness of the wing. Not as good as a spar but much better than bare foam. If you have two or more layers of foam and run piece of nylon filament tape across the wing after the aerosol adhesive is on so that the filiment tape (3/4" wide to 2" wide) becomes bonded to both layers of the foam. resists bending, and beomes a spar.

This procedure has worked well on Dow Performance Board III (FFF) and Dollar Tree foam.

Jack
Dec 07, 2017, 10:13 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumo004

... probably great on DTF.
I've found that any glue or paint that eats the pink and blue foams will also chew into DTF.
Dec 07, 2017, 11:21 AM
Jack
Spraying the aerosol adhesive (3M or Duro) on from 18-24" away lets the acetone or whatever it is that eats into the foam dissipate in the air. When I do that I get a thin light coating of the adhesive on the foam and little or no damage. No damage that the tape won't hide.

The adhesive dries quickly and is only slightly sticky to the touch and barely visible. You can wait a day or two to put the tape over it and it still works as well as when it is fresh.

The Duro is only about $4 a can or so at Home Depot or Lowes, much cheaper than the 3M 77 at $12 a can...

Jack
Dec 07, 2017, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Spraying the aerosol adhesive (3M or Duro) on from 18-24" away lets the acetone or whatever it is that eats into the foam dissipate in the air. When I do that I get a thin light coating of the adhesive on the foam and little or no damage. No damage that the tape won't hide.

The adhesive dries quickly and is only slightly sticky to the touch and barely visible. You can wait a day or two to put the tape over it and it still works as well as when it is fresh.

The Duro is only about $4 a can or so at Home Depot or Lowes, much cheaper than the 3M 77 at $12 a can...

Jack

Is it just called Duro ?

I'm interested in trying some.

Thanks.
Dec 07, 2017, 04:01 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Here, you can also order it on amazon.
Edit : I just checked, amazon is out of stock....everybody must have bought them out due to Jack's posting.
Last edited by Timbo383; Dec 07, 2017 at 04:08 PM.