Nov 16, 2004, 01:16 AM
Silent Flight
Thread OP

Factory Installed Weasel Holder?

While searching for an answer to expand my truck's standard cab sloper transporting capacity, I tossed my hands in the air and looked upward to the skies where our wind and sloper gods reside.

At that moment, I noticed plank-like, retractable devices protruding from the truck's sun visors. What the heck are these things for?
Last edited by daveWCO; Nov 16, 2004 at 01:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2004, 01:23 AM
Silent Flight
Thread OP
...After many hours of deep thought, the answer came to me. Those thingies are factory installed Weasel Holders! I suppose smaller flying wings would fit up there, but the Weasel fit is about perfect.

Thank you, Gods of the Slope. I can now stuff more equipment and slopers in my ride.
Nov 16, 2004, 01:32 AM
plane obsessed
Lol- what kind of truck so I can get one! Smart marketing!
Nov 16, 2004, 02:32 AM
Silent Flight
Thread OP
Cody:

Chevy, of course.

I am somewhat bummed, though. My 60" U2 wing won't fit in the overhead hanger, and smaller heavier slopers cause the Holder to drop downwards when hitting bumps in the road. This causes an "OH ****!" response, as the driver can no longer see the road.

I'd love to hear other space saving ideas for securing slope planes in tight cabs. I'm currently thinking of tacking cargo netting to the inside top of the cab. I bet I could cram a few flying wings up there.

daveWCO
Nov 16, 2004, 02:57 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
LOL. That's so 909!!

Steve
Nov 16, 2004, 09:52 AM
I feel the need for speed
Now all you need is three Chevies for all your airplanes. Oh .... for the U-2 wing use the ladder rack like we talked about. Be sure to use a center pivot point for attachment, that way you can spin it around and get better gas mileage!!

Tracy
Nov 16, 2004, 10:51 AM
It could happen...
Cargo netting might work. I used to have cargo netting slung across the inside roof of the shell on my truck...before the wife made me sell the truck to get her a minivan! Anyway, good place for transport as it kept the planes up and outa harms way...things like sliding tool boxes and slopers in the bed of your truck make for a bad combo...bad for the plane anyway...

Nothing will top that factory plane holder though.
Nov 16, 2004, 04:02 PM
characters welcome!
This is what the bed of my Ranger looks like for a quick trip to Baja:
Five electrics and a couple of slopers behind the seat!

mw
Nov 16, 2004, 04:09 PM
ALL IN !
Mark please post them darn electrics in the appropriate forum thanks Have a safe trip..
Nov 16, 2004, 09:49 PM
Silent Flight
Thread OP
Steve:

Lol! Hey, it's 909 Style in the 520, for sure. I wish we had surf here, though.

Tracy:

You know I'll never finish the U2. I just ran into another stumbling block that should me a week to figure out!

ITL:

A MINIVAN? My wife tried that and now she no longer lives here. I'll try the netting, definitely. I bust up more planes in the cab just getting them to and from the slope/field. Well, at least that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Mark:

That's a really nice set up! I love the perimeter bungies (to prevent equipment from becoming plane destroying Surface to Air Projectiles, I'd assume). If you saw the back of my truck, you would see why I could never rig up anything like that. I've never been a very organized person.

daveWCO
Nov 16, 2004, 09:53 PM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveWCO
Steve:

Lol! Hey, it's 909 Style in the 520, for sure. I wish we had surf here, though.

Tracy:

You know I'll never finish the U2. I just ran into another stumbling block that should me a week to figure out!

ITL:

A MINIVAN? My wife tried that and now she no longer lives here. I'll try the netting, definitely. I bust up more planes in the cab just getting them to and from the slope/field. Well, at least that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Mark:

That's a really nice set up! I love the perimeter bungies (to prevent equipment from becoming plane destroying Surface to Air Projectiles, I'd assume). If you saw the back of my truck, you would see why I could never rig up anything like that. I've never been a very organized person.

daveWCO
Dude, we need to talk!
Nov 16, 2004, 10:34 PM
characters welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieD
Mark please post them darn electrics in the appropriate forum thanks
I KNEW I'd take flack from that pic in this forum. C'mon, LD. Gimme a break. I wuz tryin' to help besides, gotta have something to fly when yer camping right next to a nice asphalt RC runway, ya know.
I'd hate to see what might be stashed in a lower layer in the back of your rig, Dave. Don't dig too deep. Never know what you'd find with your line of work.

mw
Nov 17, 2004, 01:08 AM
Silent Flight
Thread OP
Mark:

Indeed, the back of my rig is often a dangerous/nasty place to be digging around (as some fellow slopers have discovered!). Some refer to it as "The Skunk Truck." Thus, I need more indoor cab space!

Personally, I find the truck a great benefit to the slope. There's never any doubt as to which way the wind is blowing.

Quick Reply