Nov 24, 2017, 04:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

International F5J in Argentina - Feb 11-12 2018

Update 11/25: In two days that we have open the competition we have 23 people signed up from Argentina, Brazil, New Zealand, Czeck Republic, USA and Ukraine including a multiple time world champion and two of the largest and finest manufacturers of gliders in the world with Vladimir and Samba. Sign up folks!!

Update 11/27: 54 people signed up. We think we will close it at 75. Hurry up!

Dear Friends,
It is with great pride and excitement that I would like to extend an invitation to every glider enthusiast to the first ever F5J international competition in Argentina to be held in the city of Cordoba during February 11th and 12th.

The event is officially sanctioned by the Argentinean Model Airplane federation and promises to have the largest and most diverse gathering of F5J competitors in South America’s history. Pilots from Argentina, Brasil, Chile, New Zealand, Ukraine and the United States have signed up and we expect several more from Europe to join soon. Registration opened today 11/24 at www.f3xevents.com

The organizers of the event will provide competitors with a gazebo, food during the day, as well as an official timer for every flight in every heat. After fly offs are finished, a traditional Argentinean BBQ will be held at the flying site with the participation of dancing gauchos, tango dancing and other Argentinean traditions. Trophies will be given from 1st to 5th place.

The event is specifically planned as a two day competition so that international pilots and their families have enough time to tour the country. Argentina is truly an amazing country with 40 million population and close to 2000 miles long. The country offers unique world known attractions. Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, also known as the Paris of Latin America it is South America’s most visited city and the second in Latin America behind Mexico city. From Tango dancing, to amazing shopping and restaurants to museums and soccer stadiums. Buenos Aires has it all. Other parts of Argentina worth touring are the world famous Perito Moreno glaciar in the heart of Patagonia, the Iguazu falls in the north bordering Brasil and Paraguay or the amazing Cordoba and its people. In the 21 years that I have lived in the United States, I am yet to bring a friend who has not fall in love with the Argentina. Argentineans are passionate people that love life and share their lifestyle with the rest of the world. I promise that if you come, not only you will have an amazing two days of flying at a very high level, but you will also remember the trip to Argentina for the rest of your life.

So let me ask you this, would you rather spend a week at home with freezing temperatures, rain and snow or would you rather come flying F5J, taste amazing food and wine, make new friends and visit an amazing country and its people? What are you going to remember 10 years from now?

Come on and sign up!
Last edited by marios; Nov 27, 2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: new information avail.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2017, 09:46 PM
launch low, fly high
Despite the fact that I will be leaving a warm summer rather than a cold winter, all of the other attractions (and the flying) have persuaded me to make the journey to attend this event. I am really looking forward to this!
Nov 25, 2017, 06:35 AM
It is a pride to welcome the greats of the category in Argentina. At the order of Pablo Calas, the organization organization of aeromodelling. Flavio Yarade
Last edited by banditjet; Feb 07, 2018 at 06:55 PM.
Nov 25, 2017, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Joe Wurts, Mario de Lucca from Brasil, Jaro from Samba and Vladimir are all signed up. This is going to be a great contest!!
Nov 26, 2017, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
In 3 days since we opened the competition we have pilots from 7 countries: Argentina, Brazil, New Zealand, Czeck Republic, Spain, USA and Ukraine!!
This is awesome!
Nov 26, 2017, 07:57 PM
Mario S. de Lucca
I'm in.... Let's put a litlle samba in that tango !!!! Hehehehe
Argentina's BBQ is amazing ..... don't lose that folks !!!!
Thanks Mario, Hugo, Salvador family and all friends for the oportunity to fly new thermals !!!!
See you soon guys
Brazilian Storm !!!
Nov 27, 2017, 04:59 AM

A must do

Hey everyone I just wanted to try to explain aeromodeling in S. America to the guys that haven't had the opportunity to experience it yet.

i went for 2 weeks and stayed 2 years one time. The clubs are not just modeling clubs they are closer to Country Clubs. Lunch is rarely had without everyone gathering together for some Lomo (prime rib) and papa fritas (french fries) with either wine, soda or water to wash it down.
Another words you definitely will not get home sick or hungry during the stay.

The other important thing to remember is this. Aeromodeling is a sport down there and people respect that. There will be spectators and people will be there having a good time and that really is what makes it fun.

My only regret is not making it this year because it will be a F3A team selection year. I have learned from the past. Winning the worlds in F3A is easier then making the team.

However I have had the pleasure over the past few months to get to know Mario and it's pretty clear he doesn't do anything half assed. So if anyone is on the fence about going south you should not be. It will be the best time of the year surrounded by people that love Americans doing what you love. Not to mention from what I understand the site will be second to none.

Good luck everyone

Chip
Nov 27, 2017, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
As of 11/27 54 pilots signed up!!
Nov 27, 2017, 09:42 PM
How does one get to Cordoba? Easier to fly into Montevideo or is Buenos Aires the only way?
Nov 28, 2017, 03:43 AM
Thread OP
Multiple ways to get to Cordoba from the US:
You can fly dallas, houston, miami, new york or atlanta direct to Buenos Aires and then 1 hr flight to Cordoba. I checked and you can find direct flights to BA for about 900-1000. The trip to Cordoba will be 100-150.

The other way is to fly to Santiago in Chile or Sao Paulo and then direct to Cordoba.

But I would fly to BA specially if you wanna spend a couple of days in the Argentine Capital.
Nov 28, 2017, 07:21 PM
58 pilots signed up!! Fiesta!
Nov 28, 2017, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
As of 11/28, 60 pilots signed up in a little under one week.

Nov 29, 2017, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
Ok folks. 69 pilots signed up.
Nov 30, 2017, 04:41 PM
Mario S. de Lucca
5 Brazilians !!!!
It will be a really Brazilian STORM !!!!
Dec 01, 2017, 02:11 PM
Hi Brazilian Storm !! is really rare for an Argentinian to be writing to a Brazilian in English .

We will be very glad to welcome to you .
Fun people as you is a must for our competitions .

I just have seen the pilot list and is amazing , 70 pilots .
will be a great competition !!

Francisco

Quick Reply