XK K110 ( The Transmitter ) - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 23, 2017, 08:40 PM
Mini-Review

XK K110 ( The Transmitter )

There are some really good points to this transmitter and a few negative points .

1) Even though it is a feature packed Tx , it is cheaply made
2) And the cheapness shows as soon as you begin to use the transmitter ..

I will start with the gimbals as a lot of people have become very gimbals demanding . I can understand that when you pay a thousand dollars or more you pretty much want perfection , especially from the gimbals . Recently it would seem folks are demanding more from the budget transmitters and I have to say it looks like some manufacturers are coming to the party ( FrSky for one ) .

When I first flew the XK K110 it was very mushy around neutral ( center ) stick . The reason for that is that there does appear to be a dead zone right around center stick . So you can try and make minor adjustments and nothing really happens .

XK transmitter (0 min 52 sec)

I am not sure if you can tell in the video , but the gimbals are a lot like say ones in a transmitter where the gimbals have worn . ( This is a new Tx after all )
This does tend to take away from the ability to be more precise in confined spaces and for me resulted in some bumping and scaring on the rotor blades .
At lower rates the transmitter just did not cut it for me . At the moment I am running 100% and no expo for the lower rate and 110% and no expo for the higher rate .
Lowest Rate setting = 0
Highest Rate setting = 125

Expo looks interesting :
You have both positive and negative expo ! Oh I really have to try negative expo ...
So positive exponential would make for less control surface movement at neutral or near neutral stick ( soften the center ) , so does that mean that negative expo would increase control surface movement near neutral stick ( backward expo ) .
The control @ near neutral / center stick is so soft I would not mind trying to make it more sensitive for more precision .

I have already mentioned that programming is very intuitive ..
Turn on the Tx , once its on just press and hold the MODE button to enter the functions menu .
Then simply use the scroll wheel to move through the functions
Reverse / Dual rate / Expo / Throttle curve / Pitch curve / Gyro ( This is heli mode after all ) ..

To adjust a function just push down the center button called push on the scroll wheel ..
Then select the channel you want to adjust and press PUSH again and then use the scroll wheel for he value you want .. then push the BACK button to exit .

Its pretty easy .. ( Its no Open Tx )

Now to enter the other menu ( model select / model type / swash type / sub trim / and mode
Push the MODE button first , then push the BACK button ( Hold both buttons ) , hold'em for a moment and your in .

( End Part 1 of the Transmitter )

I did hope to have a micro quad running the Futaba Protocol here , being Friday and we just got the last mail . So does not look like I will be setting up a new model anytime soon . Hopefully next week I can bind a quad to the KX Tx
Last edited by old4570; Nov 23, 2017 at 09:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts