Gator F3B World Cup 2018 is on at Palm Bay, Florida Feb 23, 24 and 25, 2018. - Page 7 - RC Groups
Feb 17, 2018, 09:54 PM
Is Jody going to fly?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2018, 10:47 PM
Ricky Windsock
Yes Jody is flying.
Feb 18, 2018, 10:54 PM
Or if you like red, i will sell this Pitt, after the contest.
Feb 19, 2018, 06:46 PM
Jody Miller

Gator heads

Gators are ready!
Who wants one?

See you guys in a few!!!!

Jody
Feb 19, 2018, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailjester2811
Gators are ready!
Who wants one?

See you guys in a few!!!!

Jody
Thanks for the trophy work.
Feb 20, 2018, 07:13 AM
Definately the coolest trophy I have.
Feb 20, 2018, 09:18 AM
Very cool Jody! THANK YOU for your time and effort. I’m sure it’s a lot of work dude.
Feb 23, 2018, 06:07 PM
F3B and F3K
Great day, We got two duration, three rounds of speed and four distance in. In the latter, this was one of the best helper crews we ever had, zero buzzing mistakes of the officials.

We were not easy on them, in some distance rounds some were able to climb out and enter from ridiculous heights ( I estimated Mike Lachowski's entry at 500m). I entered once at around 400m for a 34 laps run, so high up and going fast. Not easy for the helpers.

Flying wise, it was challenging with a stiff cross-wind breeze. Even duration brought some entertainment. The wind enabled everyone to get good heights for speed and distance, I think the fastest speed times were in the low 13s (Kyle) and 14s and the highest distance lap count was 35 (also Kyle). Yes, Kyle had a great day and was flying really clean and smooth, both in speed and distance. Great showing by Tim Traver who stayed clean in distance.

It was a long day, so thanks all the helpers for a superb job! Still lots of flying to come.

Best,
Reto
Feb 23, 2018, 06:24 PM
Tons of flying today. Great conditions and the working crew is stellar
Feb 25, 2018, 05:58 AM
Even more flying! We will finish 8 full rounds in terrific conditions.
Feb 25, 2018, 05:07 PM
8rounds and 9th speed round in the books. Ideal conditions is an understatement. Team socal gets top 3 spots and top team. Kyle, Tom and Tim ran great. Our guests from Japan were terrific, and solid pilots, and super for team support.
5man teams are way better than 4...
Big thumbs up to the working crew, from start to finish, totally in command.

Watch for announcements regarding usa.f3b coming up...im not letting the cat out of the bag, or putting the cart in front of the horse...
Feb 25, 2018, 05:44 PM
F3B and F3K
The gator contest is finished after eight complete rounds and one extra speed in reverse order.

Kyle Paulson wins, Thomas Kiesling second and Tim Traver third.
http://www.f3xvault.com/?action=even...&event_id=1104

It was a great weekend with the usual suspects and some new faces. It was great to have Shuji and Shuzo here from Japan. We had a lot of fun with Shuzo on our team and I think both of them had a great time and we were happy for every good run they put down. They performed quite up there, as looking through the stats on the vault shows.

Thanks to Sandy the CD , Gordon, Co-CD Mike, the Orlando Buzzards club members and all other helpers who enabled a flawless contest. This was an excellent helper crew and they worked perfectly in the distance task. The new flying field was also greatly appreciated, it is an interesting field and it was not always easy to fly (which is a good thing). Glad that Gordon spotted it and we could use it. I think it is an improvement over the previous site.

Personally I am a bit sad that I gave away a third place in the last speed run, but overall I am happy about an extended weekend filled (to the max) with F3B and great folks and a solid performance in all three tasks. The level of flying at the top was high, most speed runs I watched were very tight and there were some great distance runs (both tactically, but also flying wise). It is good to see that F3B in the US moves forward.

Best,
Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Feb 25, 2018 at 06:00 PM.
Feb 25, 2018, 10:18 PM
Just my $.02 real quick (I'm beat!)...
The 2018 Gator World Cup was EXCELLENT! The final results are up on f3xvault.com (Thank-you TIM Traver for such a great scoring program!). My working crew was absolutely the best that I've ever worked with and once again...A BIG THANK-YOU! The biggest problem we had was determining why the sound system was cutting out! Turns out it was the battery in the wireless repeater, who'd a thunk?

The pilots were superb, with some really sweet flights! Too bad for the pilots that weren't able, or chose not to come...You missed an excellent contest that would have been both fun AND at times quite challenging IMO. It was great to see new faces and old alike!

Gordon did a good job, the trophies are unlike any others, and the people, all of them, both competitors and volunteers alike were just plain great to be around, as always! He'll be posting pics here on RCG (if he hasn't already)...Check 'em out!

Sandy-CD
Feb 25, 2018, 11:16 PM
Registered Taranis User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlehs
The final results are up on f3xvault.com
Here's the link:

http://f3xvault.com/?action=event&fu...&event_id=1104

Quick Reply