Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 03, 2018, 09:20 AM
Ricky Windsock

The Compound is an amazing Flying Field.

Mike Gardner and I went to the Compound a couple of weeks ago to meet with the Free Flight Club who have kindly allowed us to use their facility.
The field is awesome. No obstacles, No Trees, No swamp, No Alligators.
Just a huge area all mowed low by the excellent guys who manage this field.
The local city is going to provide dozens of barriers to keep other people away from our flying area.

Gordon
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2018, 01:33 PM
Glider Guider
Gordon, you are a true pioneer in the eternally ongoing quest for new flying sites.

My meerkat salutes you.
Feb 05, 2018, 01:59 PM
Team USA F3F Member
Everyone may be excited to hear that 2 of the three boxes of line have arrived in Florida from Germany!

Still waiting on the third box...

Tim
Feb 06, 2018, 01:33 AM
Guys,

We'd love to get more pilots signed-up, as well as more volunteers to help us run the event smoothly...So please talk to your friends/fellow pilots/etc. For pilots new to F3B, flying at the Gator is an experience you're not likely to forget any time soon! For volunteers, helping at the Gator is an opportunity to see some of the best do what they do best, as well as knowing that you helped make it happen!

Sandy-CD
Feb 06, 2018, 07:31 AM
Glider Guider
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlehs
... as well as more volunteers to help us run the event smoothly...
How do you know how many volunteers you already have?

Gordon asked me to help out on Saturday and I told him I'd show up it I could, but he never mentioned any system in place to keep track of volunteers.
Feb 06, 2018, 08:18 PM
Team USA F3F Member
Hey guys,

We need to talk about timing systems too.

Although we have several of Simons wireless units, does anyone have a portable large speaker??? We have only used the system her in SoCal, where I have all my equipment.

Also, do we have enough helpers to have all helpers pushing buttons for 3-4 ups? or do we think that we will need to be pushing our own base A buttons?

Do we even have any of the older timings systems?

Just in case, everyone bring their Simon units. I know I have one, and Tom has one and now Warren does too. Reto or Thomas, don't you guys have a set?

Tim
Feb 07, 2018, 11:24 PM
Mike,

We have a spreadsheet setup in Google Sheets for all of the logistics needs, equipment, volunteers, etc. G-Man, MikeG , or I can update it as we get info.

I really don't want to use Team pilots to push buttons so we'd like to get at least 2 volunteers for each Team to handle the Base buttons. I believe we currently have 13 pilots. Ideally it would really be nice if we could get 3 more pilots to make 4 Teams of 4. If we get 15 pilots, we could do 3 Teams of 5, and if we drop to 12 pilots 3 Teams of 4 would be my best guess. Anything else will result in unequal Teams, which is not optimal. We'll just have to see how many we finally get as things develop.

All volunteers can contact me via PM or at cd@gatorf3b.com with their availability & contact info and I'll add them to the logistics sheet.

Sandy-CD
Last edited by nodlehs; Feb 07, 2018 at 11:27 PM. Reason: contact info
Feb 08, 2018, 01:28 AM
Shuji Kawamura has just registered on f3xvault for the Gator. I believe that gives us 14 pilots now. Welcome Shuji-san! I look forward to meeting you at the Gator!

Sandy-CD
Feb 08, 2018, 04:53 AM
I believe Reto and Gordon are flying and are not on the Vault. If Jody flies, we have 15 and can do 3 teams of 5.

Tom
Feb 09, 2018, 09:55 AM
Shame on Reto & Gordon for not being on the Vault...Automatic Timely Registration penalty of 1000 pts should be fair don't you think??? <G>
Feb 10, 2018, 02:32 PM
Ricky Windsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling
I believe Reto and Gordon are flying and are not on the Vault. If Jody flies, we have 15 and can do 3 teams of 5.

Tom
Actually with Jody added to fly we have just 14 because Maarten has dropped out due to a work comittment.

We need to get Jeff Duval in the air with a model to nake it work
Gordon
Feb 10, 2018, 10:14 PM
Ricky Windsock
OK Great News.
We now have 15 with Shuzo Koyama bring another pilot Suji Kawamura to make 15 pilots.
Shu is also bringing a winch.
Feb 11, 2018, 06:48 AM
Glider Guider
This is hauntingly reminiscent of the Akira Kurosawa film, Seven Samurai.

(And not just because of the Japanese reference. You'd have to have seen the movie to understand.)
Feb 11, 2018, 08:18 AM
Ricky Windsock
Hey Mike,
(I sent you a PM yesterday.)
Are you good for Friday and/or Saturday to help with Distance with your steely long distance eyes?
Thanks
Gordon
Feb 11, 2018, 08:21 AM
Ricky Windsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlehs
Shame on Reto & Gordon for not being on the Vault...Automatic Timely Registration penalty of 1000 pts should be fair don't you think??? <G>
I am now on Vault
Reto is dragging the chain.
Maarten says he can't make it. A pity because he would make 16.
He is still listed on the Vault as a pilot.
We need one more pilot to make 4 teams of 4. Must be someone out there who would like to have 3 days of fun.
Even if you have never flown F3B before and don't have an F3B model you will have a blast and you will get lots of help from your team mates.
Who is out there that can come fly?
Gordon

Quick Reply