Nov 22, 2017, 10:22 AM
Help!

Difference in T10CAP Module

O/K, looks like I am needing some info here.

Awaiting one of these with the TM-10 module and see from the pics it has a bulge in the side with pin receptacles. None of my previous Futaba 72 MHz or 2.4 gear has that and will leave that exposed when fitted.

Unfortunately nothing in the Tx manual, nor from Futaba on that module alone.

Anyone have any info? Telemetry?

NOTE: Along with the bulged TM-10, it still has the standard pin configuration so the TP-FM 72MHz modules will work. The Tx houses the stock telescoping antenna since the TM-10 has it's own.

Unsure on the TM-7 or -8 as it does not list those in the specs.

One good option: Unlike upgrading from my earlier pair of 8UHPS, this one will convert data from my previous 9CAP CAMPACs. Saves a lot of programming. The purchase included a 64k memory so lots of parameter slots.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2017, 10:35 AM
The contacts that are in the bay window bulge on the TM10 are the digital contacts that the 10C provides, rather than the PPM feed. The TM10 module will only fit into the 10C module bay, no other Futaba radio will work with the TM10.
If you fit a 72Mhz module in the 10C those extra pins are well protected from anything contacting them in normal use.
Pete
Nov 23, 2017, 08:37 AM
Thanks.

So if I follow those pins are an output to the module rather than the reverse. Any idea why they would have gone that way rather than use the stock pins that remain for all other modules?

Do you know if the TM-8 will function using the stock pins? Asking since I have that from the 9C, but also to see if the FRSKY gear is compatible.

Wondered if it may have been some early form of telemetry setup.
Nov 23, 2017, 08:53 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar429
Thanks.

So if I follow those pins are an output to the module rather than the reverse. Any idea why they would have gone that way rather than use the stock pins that remain for all other modules?

Do you know if the TM-8 will function using the stock pins? Asking since I have that from the 9C, but also to see if the FRSKY gear is compatible.

Wondered if it may have been some early form of telemetry setup.
I'd suspect the pins are in order to run a lower-latency digital signal rather than the slower PPM.

If PPM FM modules work in the bay with the stock pins, a TM-8 or DFT should work fine as well.
Nov 23, 2017, 02:22 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2
If you fit a 72Mhz module in the 10C those extra pins are well protected from anything contacting them in normal use.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...1-CAM_2339.jpg
Nov 23, 2017, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
I'd suspect the pins are in order to run a lower-latency digital signal rather than the slower PPM.

If PPM FM modules work in the bay with the stock pins, a TM-8 or DFT should work fine as well.
Exactly!
Pete
Dec 07, 2017, 12:13 PM
Received the Tx and tried it out. TM-8 does work, although switching to the -10 means I will have to relink all my A/C.
Dec 07, 2017, 02:23 PM
S.A.D. member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar429
Received the Tx and tried it out. TM-8 does work, although switching to the -10 means I will have to relink all my A/C.
If you were the same TM-8 in the 8U, moving the module to the 10C does not require re-linking the models to it - they are linked to the GUID unique to the module and module ONLY.

Ivan
Dec 08, 2017, 08:14 AM
Sorry, meant the -10 module.
Dec 08, 2017, 05:45 PM
No getting around having to re-link when switching models, but at least the Fasst linking procedure is pretty easy.
Bear in mind, when using the TM-10 module in the 10C, you must go into the failsafe setting screen for each model, and at least set the throttle failsafe for each model. Unlike the TM-7 & 8, where only throttle F/S was set when performing the link procedure, with the TM-10, the faisafe settings are in the model setup in the radio. Also, with the TM-10, if the receiver is one that links in the multi-mode modulation that is used for the 8 channel and up receiver, you'll have programmable failsafe settings on all channels.
Pete
Dec 09, 2017, 08:01 AM
Pete, that sounds a lot like their legacy PCM failsafe setup.

Still have lots of time to read the manual before expect to be out flying again.

Tis the season to be building........
Last edited by Cougar429; Dec 09, 2017 at 08:43 AM.

Quick Reply