DJI Goggles Racing Edition - RC Groups

DJI Goggles Racing Edition

DJI just introduced an updated version of their DJI Goggles and this version busts the FPV market wide open. No longer is it limited to just DJI drones, but with the separate module and camera system, you can FPV anything in HD with low latency.

Splash

DJI Enters the FPV Market for Real

DJI just introduced an updated version of their DJI Goggles and this version busts the FPV market wide open. No longer is it limited to just DJI drones, but with the separate module and camera system, you can FPV anything in HD with low latency. Oh, you still fly analog? They got that covered too with a 5.8Ghz receiver inside so you get the best of both worlds.

The Goggles RE uses DJI's OcuSync technology so it works with the DJI Mavic, but the killer setup here is using the OcuSync Video Transmission Module and the DJI camera to mount on your drone, racing quad, wing, or anything else and you'll get 7km of range and 50ms latency with HD FPV. The Camera has a global shutter which eliminates jello and it has a wide 148 degree FOV. The goggles have 12 HD channels so you can fly interference free with others and there are multiple antenna options for 5.8 and 2.4 transmissions.

The feature list looks amazing and it all sounds great, but will the FPV community adopt the larger facebox style headset over the smaller Fatshark style goggles? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Check out the DJI Goggles RE Here

Nov 22, 2017, 11:09 AM
Wow looks good ! About poor nearsighted, are these goggles an issue ? If yes, is it OK to wear them with glasses ?
Nov 22, 2017, 11:34 AM
~Multirotor Fanatic~
Well this definitely changes everything!
Nov 22, 2017, 01:07 PM
Can they really receive an analog signal ?? I mean if you buy goggles only + analog module (I assume you need one - and I read that there is one), it means that it would be able to receive any analog signal ?
Nov 22, 2017, 01:28 PM
DJI, any idea on the analog channels/frequencies supported? Are the DJI RE Goggles 100% compatible on Ocusync with Mavic as the original goggle are? I wonder if the Ocusync range is the same as the original goggles; especially with all the extra RF components.
Nov 22, 2017, 01:32 PM
I have the Headplays and they are wonderful, although a bit inconvenient. I was going to get Fatshark HD3, but glad I waited. If these work as advertised DJI won't be able to make them fast enough. I will gladly tolerate the inconvenience of the "facebox" for these features and performance.
Nov 22, 2017, 01:33 PM
My next FPV system will be HD for sure. There are starting to be some interesting choice out there. 2.4 HD? Yes please.
Nov 22, 2017, 02:02 PM

DJI Goggles Racing Edition

Promo video appears to feature Drak wings or a similar copy, but only at a distance

DJI Goggles RE - Go Further (2 min 11 sec)
Last edited by CaptCrash; Nov 22, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
Nov 22, 2017, 09:36 PM
In 1 piece? Not for long...:)
Dji just changed the game. FPV will never be the same.
Nov 23, 2017, 02:12 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
FOV is perfect for fixed-wing & Ground FPV, but
too large for rice burner mini Quads.
Big like HeadPlays (pro & con)

P.S.
What brand 5.8ghz VideoRx inside?
Nov 23, 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barthelemy
About poor nearsighted, are these goggles an issue ? If yes, is it OK to wear them with glasses ?
For the original version DJI said it can be worn with glasses, but this usually depends a bit on size of your face / size and type of glasses frame etc.
Nov 23, 2017, 09:51 AM
Alf
OcuSync Video Transmission Module size ?

Alf
Nov 23, 2017, 10:28 AM
Blade 180 FPV & Mini-Protos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf_Skaar
OcuSync Video Transmission Module size ?

Alf
Weight 43.7 g
Dimensions : 72 ◊ 33 ◊ 14 mm
Nov 23, 2017, 02:20 PM
When will these be available? And how much for the OcuSync Video Transmission Module ?
Nov 23, 2017, 05:02 PM
I like it, but Iím really worried about djiís take over of the diy racing industry just like they did to the diy ap industry