RaceDayQuads Mach 2 FPV Video Transmitter - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

RaceDayQuads Mach 2 FPV Video Transmitter

The RaceDayQuads Mach 2 FPV Video Transmitter is a killer vtx, packed with even more features than the Mach 1 that precedes it. Read on to learn more.

Splash

Is this the new standard in video transmitters?

The RaceDayQuads Mach 2 FPV Video Transmitter is a killer vtx, packed with even more features than the Mach 1 that precedes it. It features audio control, meaning you can control the channel and power settings of the transmitter using your RC radio and OSD. Speaking of power settings, the Mach 2 has selectable output power, allowing you to select 0, 25, 200, 500 or 800mw output. That's an incredibly versatile unit to have that covers racing as well as long range FPV. Other features include a built-in microphone, regulated 5V camera output and antenna connection options of MMCX or U.FL. There's even more so be sure to check out the full feature list below. The Mach 2 is available for $28.99.

Check out the RDQ Mach 2 FPV Transmitter Here

Features:

• Audio Control - Control the channel and power setting of the VTX using your radio and OSD
  • 0/25/200/500/800mw power options - race with your buddies or go LONG range!
  • U.FL OR MMCX
  • On board microphone
  • 100% USA Legal Channels
  • 5v Output to power your camera
  • No plug - direct solder pads for exceptional durability and repair ease!
  • 7v-24v direct input
  • LED display shows channel, band, and power
  • Button allows easy change of channel, band, and power
  • Direct solder your antenna (only available on the U.FL version)
  • SMA Pigtail

Nov 26, 2017, 12:13 AM
So I'm one of the lucky winners from JB's give away. I have it installed and setup on a DYS F4 Pro using the TX on Uart 6. In BF I select TBS Smart Audio under Peripheral.
I can see that I'm connected through my OSD, but none of the information reflects on the settings of the VTX,
For instance The VTX is set to Band A, Channel/Frequency 2 "5845". I manually set to 500mw "#3" and my Goggles reflect that information. So that's good.
Unfortunately through Smart Port using the OSD it tells me I am set to Boscam A, Channel/Frequency 1 "5865" 25mw.
Also when I try to change the power settings through OSD it tells me the options are 25, 100,200,400 and 600????

Now I did change all the settings via the push button manually to try different settings. Tried changing through OSD. Settings will not save.
Changed will only work using push button on VTX.
Yes, I have to change my Goggles to correspond and everything seems to work when manually changing settings.

Again in OSD I have the same information as stated above. It will not give me the information I manually set the VTX,.
Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Paul
Last edited by pjb9166; Nov 26, 2017 at 12:36 AM.
Nov 27, 2017, 01:50 PM
OK. This why we reach out and ask questions..

Hat off the the guys at RaceDayQuads..

Everything was my fault / mistake. I was going into the incorrect option / menu,
This might help the next guy,,

RaceDayQuads LLC
12:52 PM (43 minutes ago)

to me
Here is an answer from our tech:

"1. For “Unfortunately through Smart Port using the OSD it tells me I am set to Boscam A, Channel/Frequency 1 "5865" 25mw."
Answer: When through Smart Port using the OSD, the original state may be Band1 / CH1 "5865", so needed settings and save when change the power.

2. For "Also when I try to change the power settings through OSD it tells me the options are 25, 100,200,400 and 600???? "
Answer: When inter "FEATURES", attached photo, pls select "VTX SA", try anain,this problem will be solved.
If select "VTX TR", change the power settings through OSD the options are 25, 100,200,400 and 600, and can not settings via the remote control,
only using push button on VTX. So in this step, please select "VTX SA".

Please let me know if this helps with clarification.

Thank you,

David Knight
Dec 01, 2017, 07:10 AM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains

RaceDayQuads Mach 2 Smart Audio VTX Review, Setup & Testing

Check out my YouTube video review, testing and setup of the new and exciting RaceDayQuads Mach 2 Smart Audio VTX.

RaceDayQuads Smart Audio VTX Review & Testing (12 min 53 sec)
Dec 01, 2017, 02:47 PM
Just got through flying it today for the first time of any real range. I was able to get maybe one hundred yards out before I started loosing signal. I tried 25 through 800mw.
All power levels had this issue. Doesn't matter if I was on 25mw or 800mw. I got about one hundred meeters and goggles started going to snow. picture is perfectly clear when I'm below that distance. Definitely did not have this issue with my fixed 200w "RMRC Cricket" I've been running.
Dec 01, 2017, 09:01 PM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb9166
Just got through flying it today for the first time of any real range. I was able to get maybe one hundred yards out before I started loosing signal. I tried 25 through 800mw.
All power levels had this issue. Doesn't matter if I was on 25mw or 800mw. I got about one hundred meeters and goggles started going to snow. picture is perfectly clear when I'm below that distance. Definitely did not have this issue with my fixed 200w "RMRC Cricket" I've been running.
Do you have any more details about your setup and environment, such as goggles, receiver/s or antennas used, or were you in a high noise floor or difficult terrain environment? The devil is really in the details and situation, but if the problem still exists once the other variables are eliminated, then I'd suggest contacting RaceDayQuads via email or personally on Facebook to get a resolution.
Dec 02, 2017, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelRainSpo
Do you have any more details about your setup and environment, such as goggles, receiver/s or antennas used, or were you in a high noise floor or difficult terrain environment? The devil is really in the details and situation, but if the problem still exists once the other variables are eliminated, then I'd suggest contacting RaceDayQuads via email or personally on Facebook to get a resolution.
I went to a golf course so pretty open. Had no obstructions when it comes to hills etc. Hence the range test.
I usually just rip around a local park and my yard. Now that is challenging for any unit as I'm going around the house and through large thick groups of trees. Also the noise from WiFi and high powered lines in the far back.
During testing three different combination of and paired antenna, plus a patch was used.

I want to make this perfectly clear.... On my current setup, for the past eight months or so. I've been running the RMRC Cricket 200mw.
Except for the obvious breakup or distortion you would get from going behind a house or building or through a large group of trees. The thing performed amazing for me. I would failsafe on my quad before I would lose video. So around 1 - 1.5 Km.
The cricket has gone through hell and back. It's been through tons of crashes. I've ripped off the wiring plug and had to direct solder. The SMA connector has been ripped off and re-soldered a few times. The last time there was nothing left to solder to. I was still able to go about 200 meters give or take before I started getting brown out in my goggles. Technically that was with no Antenna.

I can't go but but 100 meters in open space and 25 - 30 meters in my yard going behind my house without brown out with the Mach 2.

The reason I changed VTX is because my SMA connector couldn't be re-soldered and I won JB's drawing the same night. LOL...

I could simply have a defective unit.

Goggle:
Skyzone SKY02S V+
Antena = Lumeneir AXII, Emax Pegoda 2, Aomway Clover, EmmersionRC Spironet 8dBi patch

Quad:
Frame = GEPRC Chimp 230
Motors = Brotherhobby Returner 4 2206 2450kv
ESC = DYS XSD30A
FC = DYS F4 Pro "1000uF 35v cap"
Receiver = FS X6B
VTX = RDQ Mach 2 "wired off one of the FC 12v"
Camera = RunCam Eagle 2 "wired off FC 5v"
Last edited by pjb9166; Dec 02, 2017 at 06:36 AM.
Dec 02, 2017, 06:41 AM
Hittin Gaps With D Gains
Sounds like a good setup you have there with good flying conditions, if you can try changing the vtx's power input from 12v to the full lipo power to eliminate that possibility, if that doesn't work I've heard of some instances where the u.fl or mmcx pigtail could be faulty causing the range issues. If all of that fails to improve the range I'd personally contact Joshua Bardwell and let him know of the situation, or directly message Tyler Brennan on the RaceDayQuads Facebook page to see if things can be made right, but make sure to let them know your above mentioned information and process of elimination to speed up the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb9166
I went to a golf course so pretty open. Had no obstructions when it comes to hills etc. Hence the range test.
I usually just rip around my yard. Now that is challenging for any unit as I'm going around the house and through large thick groups of trees. Also the noise from WiFi and high powered lines in the far back.
During testing three different combination of and paired antenna, plus a patch was used.

I want to make this perfectly clear.... On my current setup, for the past eight months or so. I've been running the RMRC Cricket 200mw.
Except for the obvious breakup or distortion you would get from going behind a house or building or through a large group of trees. The thing performed amazing for me. I would failsafe on my quad before I would lose video. So around 1 - 1.5 Km.
The cricket has gone through hell and back. It's been through tons of crashes. I've ripped off the wiring plug and had to direct solder. The SMA connector has been ripped off and re-soldered a few times. The last time there was nothing left to solder to. I was still able to go about 200 meters give or take before I started getting brown out in my goggles. Technically that was with no Antenna.

I can't go but but 100 meters in open space and 25 - 30 meters in my yard going behind my house without brown out with the Mach 2.

The reason I changed VTX is because my SMA connector couldn't be re-soldered and I won JB's drawing the same night. LOL...

I could simply have a defective unit.

Goggle:
Skyzone SKY02S V+
Antena = Lumeneir AXII, Emax Pegoda 2, Aomway Clover, EmmersionRC Spironet 8dBi patch

Quad:
Frame = GEPRC Chimp 230
Motors = Brotherhobby Returner 4 2206 2450kv
ESC = DYS XSD30A
FC = DYS F4 Pro "1000uF 35v cap"
Receiver = FS X6B
VTX = RDQ Mach 2 "wired off one of the FC 12v"
Camera = RunCam Eagle 2 "wired off FC 5v"
Dec 04, 2017, 04:37 PM
anyone from RDQ on this forum? i want to distribute their products in my region...
Dec 05, 2017, 05:12 PM
How does it compare to this smart audio vtx

As apart from the connectors both have same features in terms of power and channels

https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/c...ght-telemetry/
Dec 06, 2017, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unmannedtech
How does it compare to this smart audio vtx

As apart from the connectors both have same features in terms of power and channels

https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/c...ght-telemetry/

That seems like a rebadge of the AKK X2.

The story as I've heard it is RDQ came to AKK with design requirements for the Mach 2 and gave AKK lot of money to design to their specifications and manufacture them for them, only to find they pushed out beta versions with slightly different fetuer sets for a lower cost before they shipped to RDQ.

Basically, seems like AKK has not treated RDQ well, not sure what contracts were signed if any so can't say if it's *legal*, but selling your customer's designs before they can is not cool...