Nov 21, 2017, 07:52 PM
Let's fly!
Thread OP
Discussion

ExperimentalAirlines Noob Tube - Anyone Still Building This?

I've recently re-entered the hobby and found out about dollar tree foam board and how to use it to make model planes. I've seen a few from various people but the one that was able to inspire me was Ed at ExperimenalAirlines. He has a youtube channel (but I don't think he's posted anything in quite a while.)

This is his design - the Noob Tube. I had a blast converting this from a sheet of foam board to a flying machine. This has given me the idea to try other designs, with a few ideas of my own.

This is my Version 1.0 - aka the rough draft. I had a motor and 18 amp ESC from a previous plane and used it. I have a more appropriate motor and ESC, I'm just waiting for a prop adapter. While the plane is not for Noobs - it is a whoot to fly. I've dumbed the controls way down, and it still has a very impressive roll rate.

I'd really like to see what the rest of you "Noob Tubers" have come up with!

Adam "Flying Low"
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2017, 05:26 AM
Hi Flying Low,

I have built a few of Ed's designs in the past. Take a look at some or Andrew Newtons stuff on YouTube, He uses slightly different methods to Ed.
I have built a copy of a VAS Banshee, using a forward swept wing of Ed's design, carbon booms and 3mm correx tube fuselage ( correx is stronger than depron). This flew really well.

Happy flying

Tim
Nov 22, 2017, 10:43 AM
Just in case you did not know - there is a lot of discussion about Ed's designs here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ild-University

Note: the thread is under the Foamboard Scratchbuild University sticky in the Foamies (Scratchbuilt) board.

Quick Reply