Connex LR Long Range Broadcast Quality FPV - RC Groups

Connex LR Long Range Broadcast Quality FPV

The Connex LR is a new receiver system from Amimon that professional UAV pilots should be excited about. The LR stands for Long Rage and it is rated for 10,000 (3km) delivering a clean HD video feed with zero delay.

Splash

Long Range HD Video Downlink

The Connex LR is a new receiver system from Amimon that professional UAV pilots should be excited about. The LR stands for Long Rage and it is rated for 10,000ft (3km) delivering a clean HD video feed with zero delay. To get that distance, it will use a directional antenna which means the antenna needs to stay pointed at the drone. If you use an Omni-directional antenna, then the range is pulled back to 1300ft (400M). The Connex LR receiver works with the existing full size Connex transmitter as well as the Connex Mini transmitter. This is a game changer for high end drones. The system is available for pre-order right now at $1749.

Learn more about the Connex LR Receiver Here

Key Features:

• Integrated Receiver & Optimized Directional Antenna
  • Up to 3Km directional Range & Up to 400m multi-directional
  • Resolution 1080p60
  • Compatible with both CONNEX and CONNEX Mini transmitter
  • Zero latency, real-time video
  • Extremely resilient 5GHz. digital link with AFS
  • Encrypted and secured
  • Built-in OSD view (CANBUS & MAVLink Telemetry)
  • Multicast up to four ground receivers
  • Plug-and-Fly, out of the box setup and operation

Specifications:

• Distance (Outdoor): Up to 10,000ft./3km (LOS)
  • Transmission Delay: Zero (Less than 1mS)
  • Radio Frequency: 5.1-5.8 GHz
  • Channel Selection: Automatic frequency selection (AFS)
  • Video Formats: 1080p60
  • Multicast Mode: Up to 4 receivers with no delay or quality degradation
  • OSD Support: MAVLINK Telemetry Based
  • Encryption: AES-128 & RSA 1024 for key exchange
  • Operating Temperature: 0-45 Celsius
  • Regulations: CE, FCC, MIC, Japan Industrial A2G
  • Video Interface: HDMI (Type A)
  • Antenna Connectors: SMA (x1)
  • Power Input: 8-26V
  • Dimensions: 200 x 200 x 50 mm
  • Weight: 660 gr

Nov 21, 2017, 02:58 PM
It sure would be nice if manufactures listed a MSRP.
Nov 21, 2017, 03:16 PM
RCG Admin
$1749 pre-order. Adding to the article now.
Nov 21, 2017, 05:11 PM
Do you think you can tell?
Are you guys going to be testing this as they are advertising this a lot on social media, would be interested in the results.
Latest blog entry: FFREEWELL DJI Mavic Pro ND &...
Nov 21, 2017, 05:26 PM
RCG Admin
Not that I know of.
Nov 21, 2017, 05:55 PM
Zero latency is BS. There is no such thing in a digital world. It would be good to see the real numbers on what this really means.
Nov 21, 2017, 06:21 PM
Connex systems are as near to zero as you can get. They are definitely in the sub 50ms and probably closer to 25ms which is close to an analog setup. Their "zero" latency claim is a bit of a marketing ploy but effectively it is zero because you would be hard pressed to notice any latency with the human eye.
Nov 21, 2017, 06:46 PM
Compare this to FPV.Blue... Which has more than 3x the range (proven by users), is less then half the price, and is getting rave reviews from independent reviews. And has actually shipped the first batch.

Why would you buy connex, then? I guess if you need 1080 live view instead of fpv.blue's 720.
Nov 21, 2017, 08:03 PM
Because if you are a professional you aren't going to buy some hobbyist toy.
Nov 21, 2017, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
What makes one professional and one a "toy"? The fact that one is grossly overpriced?
Nov 21, 2017, 09:13 PM
Yep.

I think the fpv blue guys pulled off a pretty impressive feat but it is still just a hobbyists product.

This rx is compatible with their existing txs so it would be easier to adopt. Support and availability also play a role. If you do this for.a living the price difference is negligable.
Nov 21, 2017, 09:38 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Hahahahaha
What if i buy this LR ($1,800) and put it on a $50 Chinese
Chinky Asian mass produced fixed wing? (XUAV Talon).

Am i a professional now?

Lol x500
What a ripOff

(Dont respond to me, "Im too amatuer"
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 21, 2017 at 09:45 PM.
Nov 22, 2017, 01:44 AM
resU deretsigeR
Quote:
Hahaha, but yet hang out on a hobby board? Maybe because its range is farther, its considered a hobbyist item?? That's funny. I guess they should double their price, then it will be considered "Prooooooooooofesional"!
Last edited by LDGILLS; Nov 22, 2017 at 01:50 AM.
Nov 22, 2017, 05:19 AM
If they had provided a case and made the packaging more professional it'd be considered a professional product .
Nov 22, 2017, 07:53 AM
I never said I was a professional flying camera operator. And if a professional never frequented these forums they'd never know about fpv blue because you can't buy it in a store.

This thing and fpv blue are for two different markets. There is nothing wrong with either and having companies like fpv blue innovate is good for everyone.

Just saying...