Nov 20, 2017, 10:02 PM
Discussion

With Christmas so close .. I set about finding the cheapest

Yeah , with Christmas so close ( Xmas to some ) I set myself a challenge ..
Find the cheapest RTF quad money can buy .

And here is what I found .

Seriously , a quad for $7.50 USD .... ( Thats crazy ) 10 ozzi bananas for those in Oz
For the price of a meal squeal from Macas , you can be playing RC .
So that was the challenge , the cheapest RTF Quad money can buy ..
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2017, 08:53 PM
I did not get scammed , the quad was just moments ago delivered ...
Seriously , 10 ozzi bananas or $7.50 USD for a micro quad ( RTF ) .
Nov 23, 2017, 10:05 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
I did not get scammed , the quad was just moments ago delivered ...
Seriously , 10 ozzi bananas or $7.50 USD for a micro quad ( RTF ) .
Happy flights, for as long as it lasts A bargain to be sure
Nov 23, 2017, 10:40 PM
I just did my first battery .. And

As with all of these the toy controller leaves me speechless with how well they under impress me . This one is no exception and I would rate it a POS ( piece of something ) . The throttle is as lose as a goose ( to be kind ) and it is almost impossible to input rudder without affecting the throttle .
In a small room this can be problematic , but outside I dare say less so ...
So , I am very un impressed by the controller ..

The quad itself is amazing . Plenty of power , handles really well .
The injustice of it , that such a nice quad is bundles with such a POS controller .
I am very tempted to go through every protocol on my IRX4 and see if I cant get a bind .

Seriously ! The quad itself is brilliant / amazing . To flip it and fly it upside down is just a hoot ! I love the quad and hate the controller .
The controller is such a POS that this is not really a Noob quad .. You really want some experience under your belt before playing with this toy ..

Honestly a brilliant quad let down by the controller . ( I will post a video )
Nov 23, 2017, 11:18 PM
You get what you pay for every time.
Nov 24, 2017, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
You get what you pay for every time.
Well , $$ ... You buy a toy with a toy controller = You get a toy controller ..
I am yet to like these game pad controllers ..
But when you bind that toy to a real Tx , thats when the fun starts .

This was going to be a Christmas ( Xmas to some ) present , but with the controller being so tricky it's just not going to be Noob Friendly at all ..
Battery is charged , I might just run through those IRX4 protocols and see if it will bind ..

$10 Xmas present to me ! ( looks like )
Nov 24, 2017, 02:45 AM
Virhuck T915 micro quad (6 min 40 sec)
Nov 24, 2017, 04:49 AM
Very Soft Target
I had a great day on Wednesday introducing a friend to FPV (I whooped him good.) He asked me at one point "You think these things will ever be like ten bucks?" Having read your thread the day before, I said "Well, funny you should ask..."

p.s. I love how the ebay description says "inverted flight". You should ask the seller how to turn that feature on, hehe.
Nov 24, 2017, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOCAKE4U
I had a great day on Wednesday introducing a friend to FPV (I whooped him good.) He asked me at one point "You think these things will ever be like ten bucks?" Having read your thread the day before, I said "Well, funny you should ask..."
Hehehehe ! I didn't think we would ever be @ $10 ( $7.50 USD ) It's like ? Are you kidding me ...
Its like when they have the JJRC H36 or Eachine E010 on sale for $10USD , I just don't know how they can do it !

But here we are , I have a $7.50 USD RTF Quad .. ( Its a crazy world )
Nov 24, 2017, 07:30 AM
Nice experiment! Pretty darn cheap to get into the air vertically
Nov 24, 2017, 10:34 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Here is a deal that beats this by JUST 50 cents. But it'll probably only be active for today

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...?lkid=12064461 ( Coupon code is BlackFriday138 )

Leave it to the chinese vendors to push the boundaries.
Last edited by JohnCC; Nov 24, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
Nov 24, 2017, 07:00 PM
I fixed the throttle , I opened the Tx and where the gimbal shaft runs - well I put some super glue there .. Now the throttle is nice and firm ...

Also I ran through all the IRX4 protocols and no bind ( A shame really )
This quad would have been great bound to my 9XR pro
I will do a test flight , and looks like it might be back on the Christmas Gift List .
Nov 24, 2017, 10:16 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
It's funny seeing as I remember it was maybe 2 or 3 years ago a Nano-QX was like, what, $60? That is basically more or a less a nano qx.
Nov 24, 2017, 10:48 PM
Perhaps a little like the DVD Burners of days gone past ...
I remember they were north of $1000 by quite a margin ...
By the time the 4x DVD burner came out the prices were around $300 ...
I got me a NEC 4x at that time , and then hacked it to make it a 8x speed burner .
By the time the 16x speed burners were out prices were under $50 ...

So I guess if you make enough of something the price comes down ...
Except for cars perhaps , you would think it would be like DVD burners . After a few million units are sold the price would come down - apparently not with cars ...

Quick Reply