Force RC Warhawk 4WD SCT - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Force RC Warhawk 4WD SCT

Force RC, a house brand of Horizon Hobby, is offering an affordable 4wd SCT that's ready-to bash and featured a full set of ball bearings.

Force RC Warhawk 4WD SCT

An Affordable SCT Basher

The holiday season is here, and Force RC has just the short course truck for the budding rc driver! The Basher is a 1/10th scale 4wd SCT that comes completely ready to run with a 2.4GHz transmitter, Dynamite Speedpack 7.2V 2000mAh NiMh 6-Cell, and a 200mAH wall charger. The Warhawk comes outfitted with ball bearings, a Dynamite 550-sized brushed motor and waterproof esc. The entire setup is designed to be durable at an affordable price point. The Warhawk sells for $139.99 and is currently in pre-order at Horizon Hobby.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Force RC Warhawk 4WD SCT

Features:

• Four-wheel drive drivetrain for outstanding traction
  • Proportional 2.4GHz radio system with throttle and steering control
  • Independent suspension with oil-filled shocks
  • Full ball-bearing support with slipper clutch
  • Powerful, DynamiteŽ 550-size motor and ESC
  • Ni-MH battery and battery charger included
  • Ready-to-Run
  • Just add transmitter batteries
  • Industry standard 12mm wheel hex drive

Nov 20, 2017, 02:26 PM
Born again RC'er
Wow, $140 is cheap for a 'name brand' 4wd 1/10 SCT. Layout looks strikingly similar to some of the China-direct trucks, I wonder who the OEM is?
Nov 20, 2017, 06:51 PM
what is the between this line and the ECX Line exactly ?
Nov 20, 2017, 10:29 PM
Definitely not name brand!
Nov 21, 2017, 07:43 AM
Born again RC'er
Quote:
what is the between this line and the ECX Line exactly ?
As I understand it, FORCE is below ECX as the new entry level, budget brand.

Quote:
Definitely not name brand!
Ask a HH guy, they want FORCE to be a new name brand. I think the FORCE already has planes, quads, boats, and now a truck.

Somehow I got on a HH mailing list, and they have been spamming about this FORCE brand since about mid-summer or so. I think they are seeing that us hobbyists are not as silo'ed as years past - that is most hobbyists both fly and run surface. They seem to want this Force brand to be a Unifying brand across all disciplines, for entry level models. And from the pricing, it seems they are trying to make it a China-direct competitor.
Nov 21, 2017, 09:05 AM
Did I make the A Main?
May the FORCE be with you!

Glad to see a big brand pick up the BER radio system too.
Nov 21, 2017, 12:41 PM
User Registered
As I understand it, there has to be a significance in gear (electronics), and quality that comes from the price difference of ECX 4wd SCT, and the Force's Warhawk. A mild motor and restrictions of hardcore bashing will make most RCs perform good.
Nov 22, 2017, 12:58 AM
I wonder if it will handle brushless? ? Or probably plastic gears
Nov 22, 2017, 11:08 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
I wonder if it will handle brushless? ? Or probably plastic gears
A tame brushless such as a 21.5T should do pretty well. You'd more than likely see a slight increase in run time and a little more power.
Nov 22, 2017, 11:27 AM
Did I make the A Main?
do they make a 550 size motor in 21.5T ?

I have to wonder if the stock brushed motor is comparable to the Traxxas Titan 12T motor?
I've found that a Tacon 3650-3200kV was a decent replacement for that motor... was a pinch faster and comparable torque.
Dec 10, 2017, 04:01 PM
Seems to share a lot of parts with Himoto E10 Short Course Truck from couple of years ago... Or at least surprisingly similar.

Even the shocks look same as Himoto original shocks. The individual in the photo has new aluminum shocks.

Not that I'm complaining... As long as you keep dirt out of pinion & spur gear this has been quite robust drive. At least the original one has all metal differentials... And they're even sealed. Original Himoto spur gear & pinion is plastic.