Another PA-36 - RC Groups
Nov 20, 2017, 02:58 AM
Build Log

Another PA-36

I have liked the look of this machine for many years ..and it was always on my" must do" list.
Only after seeing Wernersen make a couple of fine models and seeing a three view did it re kindle my interest.
So ..here it is ... as yet unflown because I am awaiting eye surgery and as I usually fly with distance glasses..now find my self not being able to use glasses at all.
I am only flying some of my super stable models ,that just about fly themselves,and they are Mantis, Minimum and the Red Bull.
So I took some pictures of the completed model in the hot sun,today to show off it's metal skin.
And I think those spinning blades look OK.
Happy Landings
Chris...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2017, 06:28 AM
Now that looks cute Chris... I am sure it will go well. Look forward to the video

Steve
Nov 20, 2017, 09:53 AM
Great scratchbuild Chris. Hope it flys as good as it looks. Look forward to the video in due course. Good luck with your eyes. One of my daughters had cor
rective eye surgery last year. Took about 7-8 minutes per eye and made an instant difference. She has never looked back since. ( no pun intended !) .

Cheers

Graham
Nov 20, 2017, 10:34 AM
Very nice
Any build photos?
Awe the best Joe
Nov 21, 2017, 03:22 PM
Great job I knew you would have balsa in there somewhere
Joe
Dec 14, 2017, 11:52 PM
I managed to get a test flight in today and am happy to report that I took the model home with out a scratch.
But that's not saying that it was not a very short event full flight.
Hand launch as usual went straight up and backwards like a rocket on steroids doing a very nice loop and roll on the way ( I think that I got bonus points for that as I could here cheering coming from the pit area )
So there I am pushing in down trim ..till it's all gone and then pushing in down elevator till that's just about all used up at the same time reducing throttle ...but maintaining just enough forward movement into a stiff wind.
At the same time thinking that it was a pretty nice looking model shining in the hot morning sun.
Keeping the model headed into the wind and reducing throttle while still pushing in down elevator...I was rewarded with a very soft landing.
Yes, I have to make a couple of minor trim changes before it's next outing.
Chris...
Dec 15, 2017, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz

Yes, I have to make a couple of minor trim changes before it's next outing.
Chris...

Why, sounds like great fun as it is

Well done on the maiden
Dec 15, 2017, 07:15 AM
Great model! The metal skin makes all the difference. Much better looking than my creations. I love it and congratulations for the "successful" maiden.
I am sure it will be a great flyer once properly trimmed.
Greetings from rainy/snowy Germany
Werner
Mar 01, 2018, 02:34 AM
Yes I know it's been a while...but the good news is I, had a couple of successful flights with this model today after making a bit of a mess with it several weeks ago.
I was having trouble with the model bouncing up and down in a most strange mane that finally got out of control and went splat.
I was surprised' at the strength of 20mm thick styrene foam and so it all got slotted back in situ.
After Steves advise I played around with a thinner try plate that I pinched from another model and today the model took to the air as I hoped in the first place.
Now that i know it flies OK ,I'll try to bring it back to it's original finish.
I'm still pretty happy with the metallic shine in the sun.
Happy landings
Chris...
Mar 01, 2018, 07:13 PM
PA-36 Test flight (2 min 46 sec)
Mar 02, 2018, 08:02 AM
Nice one Chris, could have been real in the video and a real smooth performer. Pilot of course had a bit to do with it too !!!

Graham
Mar 02, 2018, 01:14 PM
Fantastic Chris , if that did it ... great!!... have my heads arrived yet ?

Steve
Mar 02, 2018, 03:29 PM
Thanks for you comments gent's . I hope to get a better video after I have made a few repairs.... Steve...not yet
Chris...
Last edited by britinoz; Mar 02, 2018 at 04:00 PM.
Mar 14, 2018, 05:34 AM
OK guys ...all repaired and I am pleased with the out come.... a add to that a good day for flying ...just a couple of easy circuits so it doesn't get boring.
Happy Landings.
Chris...
PA -36 Autogyro (3 min 27 sec)

Quick Reply