This thread is privately moderated by JulianGoesPro, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 19, 2017, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

My RaceFlight BigDeal 3inc RaceSpec Millivolt Spark Spektrum Build

Hello and welcome to my RaceFlight BigDeal 3inc RaceSpec Millivolt Spark Spektrum BuildBlogPost!

This is going to be a short build blog since there isn't much to build... the BigDeal has a bottom plate, a top plate, and three standoffs... the tpu camera mount slides onto the front standoffs... and the fc mounting screws... well... they are screws and you just put them through the carbon and put the nut on top

You can get all this (- receiver + props) as the RaceSpec from the RaceFlightStore for 225$

so lets get to the heart of the BigDeal, the Millivolt FlightControler To that I connect the SmartAudio cable from the Unify as well as the pins that will join into the connectors on the Spark

speaking of the spark, pay attion to the orientation... the lipo pads are on the bottom where you sodler the XT60 cable to... yeah... I learned it the hard way BTW soldering the motor wires to the bottom of the ESC pads makes it look really neet IMO

after that I mounted the motors to the frame and pushed the Spark onto the stack mounting screws that I secured with the supplied nuts

since I am using spektrum I, as I always do, did solder the SPM4649T directly onto the FC with a three pin connector (pics from the side will show that in deatil) and pushed the stack onto the Spark... can take some force and some "playing" to align the bins... one reason why some like to just use wires between the spark and the millivolt ...and I connected everything up... you sure could use a shorter cam cable... I just didn't think about it and then was too lazy to cut it down... I now just run it one time around the Rx/FC/ESC stack

mounted the Unify with a ziptie to the top plate and used the three shorter screws to mount the top plate to the standoffs (which themselves are mounted with the three longer screws (the set has 3 short and 3 longer, and 4 long screws)

and from the other side... it's a tight fit with the SPM4649T stacked on there but it's not like its pressure on it... you can still move stuff slightly by pushing on it... just how I like it

and from the back... I later pushed the antennas through the "cutout" in the back... wasn't sure it would screw up reception... but seems fine

and one look from the top, you can clearly see it's a stretched X... as its meant for racing

a little size comparison between the 5inc SkinnyKid and the 3inc BigDeal

by now I swapped props (the maiden was with a 1.0Ah 4S Graphene and the BN props, the remaiden was with a 0.85Ah 4S Graphene and those tri-blade props) and got a weight measurement going to see how much room there is left for project #sub250gAUW... and I think I could push a 4inc version of the BigDeal to still be sub250gAUW... I will try to convince Preston to cut me one

I have to admit... I was quite sure the 3inc would give me the same joy my 5 and 6inc do... but I was WRONG... it sure isn't as powerfull as my bigger quads but it isn't slower on the track... it honestly blew my mind a bit^^
Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Nov 19, 2017 at 06:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2017, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
FPV Maiden with 1.0Ah 4S Graphene and BullNose props
DVR // BigDeal // RaceSpec // TooMuchFun // RaceFlightOne // RF1 (0 min 48 sec)

ReMaiden with 0.85Ah 4S Graphene and tri-blade props
DVR // ReMaiden // BigDeal // 3inc // sub250gAUW // 225$ // RaceFlight (2 min 31 sec)
Nov 19, 2017, 06:00 PM
dx4life
<3
Nov 19, 2017, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDrain_dx
<3
love you too! ...or do you mean the quad?
Nov 20, 2017, 01:30 AM
N'a qu'un oeil
Thanks for sharing your build Julian

and yes rcgroups is still a living thing
Dec 10, 2017, 11:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayou
Thanks for sharing your build Julian

and yes rcgroups is still a living thing
You are welcome and glad you still have faith in RCG :-P
Sep 02, 2018, 11:44 AM
Thread OP
Updated my BigDeal with the Micro Swift 2 so I am getting the vBat info on the fpv feed as well now <3

DVR // BigDeal // Micro Swift 2 // ReMaiden (3 min 46 sec)

Last edited by JulianGoesPro; Sep 02, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply