This thread is privately moderated by Deserteagle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 19, 2017, 02:22 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Strix Parallel Charging board V2 Joshua Bardwell line 4s and 3s?

After watching Joshua Bardwell's introduction and review of the Strix 4s Parallel charging board and all of the safety they had in mind when designing it, I decided to give it a try. I never really got into parallel charging my larger packs because of safety and what I like about the Strix is the on-board voltage readout and the poly fuses used on the balance leads. These two simple features really make this board stand out from the rest along with the overall robust quality of components and rugged construction. For $26 this is a very nice product but it does have one glaring issue.. it's only made for 4s packs.. or is it?

I decided to take a closer look and after spending some time studying the tracers and components, I could not see why this would not do 3s as well. I got out some 3s lipos to give it a try and shaved one of the nubs from the balance leads so it could plug in and it worked! I charged 5 3s 850mah lipos with the board no problem and shot off a private message to Strix letting them know that with a simple mod to the balance plug they could market this as a 3s and 4s Parallel charging board.

If you are thinking about Parallel charging for the first time or are thinking of replacing you current parallel charging board then take a look at my review and see what you think. For those that never parallel charged batteries then this board is definitely for you and I explain in my video how to parallel charge.

It can be bought at ReadyMadeRC

Parallel Charging board by Strix, Joshua Bardwell Line V2 4s and 3s? (12 min 30 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2017, 10:54 PM
yep 2 3 or 4 but no more

Quick Reply