Nov 19, 2017, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Board upgrade for FrSky Horus X10 and X10s

I finally got my Horus X10 - this let me make a new carbon board for it. See photos
In addition it is possible to custom engrave your name or logo as I did for my radio

It is possible to make boards with different weave (twill or plan) and finish (anti glare, matte, glossy) and I should soon have sheets with different color threads: red, gold, maybe silver

boards are sold for 50 USD
engraving logo or name: 30 USD

Free shipping via registered priority airmail.

Please contact me if you are interested: http://carbon-cnc.eu
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2017, 02:46 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Very cool, and quite a reasonable price for a custom carbon faceplate.

Just a note, but this is normally called a faceplate in english. Board normally refers to the internal circuit board for the transmitter.
Nov 19, 2017, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_cnc_eu
It is possible to make boards with different weave (twill or plan) and finish (anti glare, matte, glossy) and I should soon have sheets with different color threads: red, gold, maybe silver
looking forward to seeing all you are mentioning.
Nov 19, 2017, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Very cool, and quite a reasonable price for a custom carbon faceplate.

Just a note, but this is normally called a faceplate in english. Board normally refers to the internal circuit board for the transmitter.
thanks - I'll call it faceplate
Nov 19, 2017, 03:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
looking forward to seeing all you are mentioning.
at this moment I have typical matte and antiglare sheets, but I'll get different types soon, I guess I should cut a few and show them
I'll do that and post photos here
Nov 19, 2017, 04:09 PM
Really nice
Nov 19, 2017, 05:34 PM
How do you attach the faceplate?
Nov 20, 2017, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzerj
How do you attach the faceplate?
you need to disassemble the radio
first 4 bottom screws, then battery compartment, then you need to get to the nut that is under electronic boards
after that you need to unscrew the nuts holding switches and potentiometer and remove the aluminum element that is around the main switch
when all these things are done you need to gently put some thin knife under the original faceplate, later on use thin screwdriver
the glue is not very strong
and that is it, the faceplate will get off, just like that

then I put some very thin scotch film glue at the bottom, top of the faceplate is being held by several nuts so no need to glue it there
and you are done

images should explain you all

I did not know about the nut holding the aluminum element and I bent the original faceplate a little, but you, knowing that it needs to be unscrewed should be able to remove the faceplate without any problems
Nov 20, 2017, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
I forgot, at the beginning you need to remove the handle too
Nov 20, 2017, 07:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_cnc_eu
the glue is not very strong....I did not know about the nut holding the aluminum element and I bent the original faceplate a little
I think they applied hot glue instead of cyano or epoxy, hence you feel it's not very strong
the original faceplate looks like fake carbon fiber though.
Nov 20, 2017, 08:15 AM
If you put some paint in the cut-outs text it would look pretty good
Dec 24, 2017, 07:29 AM
Thread OP
as said, here are several different options that are available

1) BLACK twill matte anti glare version
2) BLACK twill matte - this one is typical
3) BLACK twill glossy
4) RED THREAD plain matte anti glare
5) RED THREAD plain matte
6) SILVER twill matte
7) SILVER THREAD plain matte anti glare
8) SILVER THREAD plain matte
9) BLUE THREAD plain matte
10) GOLDTHREAD plain matte anti glare
11) GOLD THREAD plain matte
12) GREEN THREAD plain matte
13) BROWN plain matte
14) BROWN plain glossy
Dec 24, 2017, 07:31 AM
Thread OP
And some photos of my radio with 14) BROWN plain glossy + the faceplates
Dec 24, 2017, 06:10 PM
Your product is very interesting, tho the thought of disassembling the tx is kind of scary. You might want to consider adding a pair of plates for the top corners with the proper switch designations etched into them. Since FrSky didn't see fit to label those switches this would be helpful. Also, i notice some of your plates have a screw in the lower corner of the the faceplate that I don't think is on the original tx, at least not on my X10S.
Dec 25, 2017, 03:27 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Also, i notice some of your plates have a screw in the lower corner of the the faceplate that I don't think is on the original tx, at least not on my X10S.
the screws are there in case you don't want to glue it with epoxy. the switch nuts and strap hook have the same purpose.

Quick Reply