Looks like another fun high winger on the market! Hacker Pilatus Turbo - RC Groups
Nov 18, 2017, 04:22 PM
Discussion

Looks like another fun high winger on the market! Hacker Pilatus Turbo

Noticed this New Hacker Pilatus Turbo a while back looks to be another fun high winger! Anyone try it out yet? This is the only video I could find. and Tower has them for $65 shipped

Pilatus Turbo Porter XF "Fredi" (3 min 34 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2017, 05:25 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Ordered, $57 to club members with a code.
No brainer, it's a Hacker!
Nov 19, 2017, 09:25 AM
Yeah Hacker usually has very good epp and hardware. The epp is right up there with any top brand for stiffness and weight. And this one has the scale graphics done
Nov 22, 2017, 03:41 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Got it today, looks good, foam is thinner than I expected. But it is a 35" plane that calls for
a 250 motor and a 8a esc. 5g servos.

I have a major project at the time so it may be a week or more before I start on it. And
in a couple weeks I will be out of town for a bit.
Nov 23, 2017, 08:42 AM
Hmmmm, I might have to get one to replace my Acrocub. Looks like it's the same size.
I love my Acrocub,but the foam/tail just has issues.
Nov 23, 2017, 09:40 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
Had one, I put "X"'s with heavy thread in the rear section of the fuselage to stop some of the
flex, better but not the answer. Gave it away.
Nov 23, 2017, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHOFM
Had one, I put "X"'s with heavy thread in the rear section of the fuselage to stop some of the
flex, better but not the answer. Gave it away.
I don't think I'll give mine away. It's still a fun plane to fly. But when it's too torn up to fly anymore. I'll either replace it with one of these,or a Twisted
Nov 24, 2017, 10:08 AM
My thoughts on the Hacker Pilatus are it is going to fly more like the old Twisted Hobbies Gym Star But the Gym Star is a great flying plane!
Dec 01, 2017, 10:37 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
I started on the Porter tonight, got the wing done, started on the fuselage, I don't do it in the
order the book shows,

Typical Hacker instructions, pictures tell all. Fit so far is flawless. Thin CA with kicker for the
most part.

Not too hot on the fiberglass firewalls, may do a ply mod. Waiting on some 4g digital Emax
servos, you can build the whole plane and then do the electronics, I like that.

The Acrocub had stuff built in under the wing.

Pic's if any one wants??
Dec 02, 2017, 06:18 AM
Glad to see you getting yours together! These should be great slow 3D planes.

It would be great to see pics of it
Dec 03, 2017, 07:13 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Not too much to show, typical Hacker. One of the rare planes I am using all the hardware, and
wheels that came with the plane. By the book so to speak. No surprises, no tricks,, just build it.
Typical Hacker,

The 4.1g Emax digital's fit like a glove. In fact, I didn't trim a single part. Nice plastic horns and
servo extensions. i didn't CA them to the servo arms, I used a #1 allen screw. The wing has struts, add the Headsup Slofly 250 and a Emax 12a ESC, 8.38 SF APC. battery to balance and
go fly.

Dec 03, 2017, 07:26 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
I have built 2 Acrocubs and nearly a dozen TH Turbo Beavers. This plane is far above the Acrocub and better than the TB!

It is more ridge than either of the others and better hardware and instructions. For the $$ a
great buy, now to see if it will fly??
Dec 14, 2017, 12:53 PM
Thank's for the pics! it is looking good.

An flight report yet?
Dec 14, 2017, 03:59 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
No, but some real suckie weather reports!!
Jan 01, 2018, 08:34 AM
Picked one up as well, goes together easily. I'm using the motor, esc and servos from my beat to death Twisted Hobbies CTB. Hoped to fly it today but it's minus 6 at the moment...too cold for this old man!

Quick Reply