90mm FPV quad is flying - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2017, 11:54 PM
Discussion

90mm FPV quad is flying

king kong 90mm brushed (1 min 28 sec)

Did I mention I got me a 90mm 2s Brushed .. was waiting on the Rx and battery .

Battery is a little 250mAh 2s
Rx is a DSMx 11ms Satellite ( Would not bind DSM2 ) off Ebay .. ( Was cheap )
Apparently the quad is a King Kong 90mm Brushed ( 2s )
Way too much for indoor use , though it hovers really nice . ( I should add some expo around the center )
One of the switches on the Tx toggles between horizon and angle modes ( I will stick with horizon for now )

I am thinking I should try a 350mAh 2s ...

Well , my first problem was the USB cables I have , none seemed to work . Well , until the very last one I tried . ( That was a time waster I can tell you )

The second problem I had was getting the DSMx Sat Rx to work ( yes ) . So simple , yet frustrating . ( Lots of youtube video watched ) .

Third and final problem was arming the motors . Seems the throttles end point was stopping the FC from arming due to some safety feature ...
I will do another post with my settings ( Cleanflight ) ..

I have to say , the last two days . I was Schooled !

Aside from the three problems that were like applying a hand break , it was relatively pain free ( well .... except for the PAIN )

But seriously , it seems to handle really well ( except for the power ) . The 2s seems to really make this quad a little lively , and I am not sure it would be good indoors . I will have to go somewhere with some space and see if I can't FPV ( why I got it ) ... Might even have to set up dual rates , mild / wild .
Last edited by old4570; Nov 17, 2017 at 01:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts