Hoodoo 72" 4D Stunt Glider Builds - Page 4 - RC Groups
Dec 01, 2017, 09:25 PM
average user
So I painted the wing upside down................... not a mistake one can fix easily. I'm putting it somewhere I can't see it so I don't feel as dumb. Today I was commissioned to help paint a sidewalk outside of a venue in LA so I did that.Tomorrow I'll paint a new wing the right side up and move on with life
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2017, 10:29 PM
It's time for me to fly
No rule against a sunburst on the underside of the wing.....you're still going to see it at least half the you're flying. Fly it!
Dec 03, 2017, 03:28 PM
"For what it's worth, I welcome all the clones of Le Fish - that's the point of an open source design. It would be nice if Hacker Models had at least mentioned me when releasing the Vagabond and Vagabond XL, but when I see their tech support people encouraging their customers to look up info about Le Fish to help setup their products, I just sit back and smile."

Steve - I have both the Vagabond and your LeFish. Believe me the LeFish is a much more capable sloper. Nothing to worry about.

Richard
Dec 05, 2017, 01:26 PM
average user
was supposed to finish everything up last night. got a little distracted.
Dec 05, 2017, 04:39 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Hope youre ok???

I know the feeling! This was from my place in Jan this year...
Dec 05, 2017, 05:44 PM
It's time for me to fly
. I saw the thumbnail and thought "oh cool, awesome northern lights". That's kinda scary.
Dec 06, 2017, 10:01 PM
average user

mo's plane

well its good to have this one out of the way. Really a lesson in patience after finishing a whole other wing and tail set.
Dec 09, 2017, 09:52 PM
average user
hmm,

looking even better to me now.

big. very big. and packable !!!

just slide wing and tail on, plug in ailerons and fly. maybe a piece of tape to make sure wings dont slide off joiner. No fussing with any linkages at all, pull/pull ready to go.

I pretty much know by now these are going to fly well, probably even better than any other plane Ive made before, but I am going to test fly and balance each of them before sending them off. I'll likely get video too. Could sure use some west winds.

Despite the heavier AUW I am fairly certain these will be far more efficient in both light and heavy lift as well as gusty conditions.

I think my next project will be a better killer whale or a shark. I have one hoodoo wing set left, as well as the upside down wing and tail.
I'm open to ideas, even pss as long as its a subject with possible knife edge ability. Preferably mid wing
Last edited by mr.zagi5c; Dec 09, 2017 at 10:01 PM.
Dec 09, 2017, 10:07 PM
FPV EVERYTHING!
I do love the look of the Orca.
Dec 09, 2017, 10:54 PM
It's time for me to fly
PSS subject with knife edge potential you say? Here you go. I just came across this beauty today while searching something else. The Breguet 763 Provence, a french double-decker airliner (that predates the A-380 by 60 years!) Definitely fits the saying that "if it's ugly it's British, if it's weird it's French, and if it's ugly and wierd it's Russian".
Dec 11, 2017, 12:30 AM
average user
thats just what I'm looking for! The rudders should be interesting to hook up. thanks jim.

So I was prepping these to go fly and ran into some problems with the full flying stabilizer I hadnt encountered before - when the elevator moves to the 90 degree mark it will just fold over to the other side - which could be pretty damgerous and turn into a tail slide to terra firma.

Normally I use an almost-full-flying stabilizer with a small fixed portion the rest hinges on, this time I'm just using a tube in a tube to pivot the entire assembly. It would work fine with a push rod but something about the geometry is really throwing it off. I think it has something to do with the hinge on the AFF (almost full flying) having two different pivot points, as well as a little give due to the tolerance from the foam and film.

So rather than have a headache about it I came up with a compromise and made an almost full flying stabilizer with removable tips, and by doing so I was able to lighten the entire assembly resulting in less nose weight. It feels stronger, too.

Unfortunately this means I have to modify the other two stabilizers as well.

at least the place didnt burn down.
Last edited by mr.zagi5c; Yesterday at 01:11 PM.
Yesterday, 11:30 AM
average user

dilemna

so I have these wings and they need a fuse.

theyre the upside down ones I painted.

top of the wing is red and white stripes, bottom is purple+ checkers

womdering if any artists out there have any suggestions.
Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Does the model fly the same upside down as right way up? If so, then the wing doesn't have a top or bottom lol
Yesterday, 09:59 PM
average user
its not symmetrical and there is slight dihedral. ive found most folks dont know how to fly with a symmetrical wing because its so neutral. This new airfoil combo attempts to retain inverted capabilities within 85-95% efficiency of a fully symmetrical wing. The 1 degree dihedral is for looks but may affect performance slightly.
Last edited by mr.zagi5c; Yesterday at 10:04 PM.
Today, 02:02 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Just mount the wing upside down and tell the guy that flies it to make inverted his "new thing"

Happy to be that guy...