Hoodoo 72" 4D Stunt Glider Builds - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 29, 2017, 03:50 PM
You’re doing some nice work! Can’t wait to try mine out.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2017, 09:45 PM
average user
looks like your extensions will get here saturday bill

working on painting checkers now. i found the best way to do it is by cutting them out of layered masking tape, rsther than a single piece. much easier to work with. I lay them down one by one.
Nov 29, 2017, 11:30 PM
average user
and spray some more...

then outline with sharpie or paint pen. I am debating black outlines for the checkers?
Nov 30, 2017, 06:01 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Wow! That looks amazing!!!
Nov 30, 2017, 06:32 AM
FPV EVERYTHING!
Thanks for the free design! I have drawn up some plans and the test aircraft flew awesome so my buddy will start manufacturing the kits in China by February 2018. Look for the kit on sale at Hobby King no later than July 2018. Thanks again for doing all the hard work for us!
Nov 30, 2017, 11:02 AM
average user
im surprised theres no ahi clones yet
Last edited by mr.zagi5c; Nov 30, 2017 at 12:37 PM.
Nov 30, 2017, 11:04 AM
FPV EVERYTHING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.zagi5c
im surprised theres no ahi clones yet
Those will be for sale at Hobby King starting on January 5th. Also made in China.
Nov 30, 2017, 11:16 AM
average user
they'll call it mahi or "tuna" right ?

here's a comparison pic with new paintimg technique vs. old or the difference between laminate/sand/paint/laminate and paint on bare epp. Should be great for the killer whale. What is the shiniest blackest paint that would work well on laminate?
Last edited by mr.zagi5c; Nov 30, 2017 at 12:39 PM.
Nov 30, 2017, 02:19 PM
average user
Well the supplies from Aloft Hobbies arrived today. I have to mention how much I appreciate Wayne & crew's excellent service and provision of a nearly one-stop-shop for building slopers. Very fast shipment, fair prices, and quality items.

I do wish they had more night flying accessories and a greater selection of CF/FG, balsa, and linkage materials.

back to it
Nov 30, 2017, 03:14 PM
Wow, that paint job is spectacular!
Nov 30, 2017, 03:24 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Does RC
Those will be for sale at Hobby King starting on January 5th. Also made in China.
Not sure if trolling?
Nov 30, 2017, 04:10 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Was pretty funny the first post, but yeah, not sure after the second one
Nov 30, 2017, 07:51 PM
average user
pepe the frog avatar ...
pretty sure trolling.

Hobbyking does employ mules to subtly advertise their garbage on here however.
either way.... resistant is futile, ahi will be assimilated, we are borg/hobbyking
Hacker doesnt seem too polite about things either.

got the elevator and wing all built up for mo's plane. just gotta install servos and cover. Probably finish up before 12 am if everything goes smooth.
Last edited by mr.zagi5c; Nov 30, 2017 at 08:02 PM.
Dec 01, 2017, 01:55 PM
FPV EVERYTHING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
Not sure if trolling?
Just joking with the guy since on the first page he insisted that nobody steal his designs.
Dec 01, 2017, 03:58 PM
Piscine Promulgator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Does RC
Just joking with the guy since on the first page he insisted that nobody steal his designs.
Haha fair play Stealing Justin's designs is futile, the whole point and cool part about what he does is that they're always evolving.

For what it's worth, I welcome all the clones of Le Fish - that's the point of an open source design. It would be nice if Hacker Models had at least mentioned me when releasing the Vagabond and Vagabond XL, but when I see their tech support people encouraging their customers to look up info about Le Fish to help setup their products, I just sit back and smile.

More aerobatics gliders are always welcome! I'd *love* to see Hobby King bring something to market. Hell, I'd be happy to consult with them to help ensure it was a success.

Steve