Jeti Fight Club and Care Services - RC Groups

Jeti Fight Club and Care Services

Esprit Model is offering a unique membership and warranty on Jeti products for owners of the Jeti transmitter system called Jeti Fight Club and Jeti Care Services.

Splash

Join the Club

Esprit Model is offering a unique membership and warranty on Jeti products for owners of the Jeti transmitter system called Jeti Fight Club and Jeti Care Services. Jeti Fight Club is a membership program with a $150.00 annual fee. Being a Jeti Fight Club Member gets you some nice perks like swag, live support and more. See the full list of perks below:

• Annual Welcome Package (Jeti Fight Club Shirts, Hats, Decals…)
  • Free Jeti Care Services (50% Replacement Warranty)
  • Expedited Jeti Warranty Service (Would Ship Same Day)
  • Early Access to New Product Releases (Stay Informed)
  • Jeti Live Video Support (Having Problems, Skype Helps)
  • VIP Access to our Private Lounge at Major Events (Have a Drink on Us)
  • Invitation to the Jeti Fun Fly (Impromptu Twice a Year)
  • Special Discounts, Deals and Promotions

One of the perks of the Jeti Fight Club is the Jeti Care Services which is a 50% replacement warranty program. The manufacturer's warranty only covers defects, not damage or wear and tear. The Jeti Care Services warranty covers damage, abuse, etc, so if you damage a product, you can send it back to Esprit Model and purchase a new item at 50% off the current retail price. Keep in mind that the warranty does not cover Jeti Transmitters, transmitter accessories or battery packs. This perk alone could save you enough money in a year to more than cover the $150 Jeti Fight Club Fee so it's worth looking into.

Find out more about the Jeti Fight Club and Jeti Care Services here

Nov 16, 2017, 01:33 PM
this kind of customer care should come as standard from all manufactures, not as a $150 annual fee. rc has gotten elitist.
Nov 16, 2017, 03:12 PM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
the first line is pretty much ridiculous. uneless I get paid or the manufacturer gives me free shirts, hats I would never wear them on me.

they name this service Jeti Fight Club then you read the last line.

''if you damage a product, you can send it back to Esprit Model and purchase a new item at 50% off the current retail price.
Keep in mind that the warranty does not cover Jeti Transmitters, transmitter accessories, receivers or battery packs''
Nov 16, 2017, 03:27 PM
Wandering IT geek
The first rule of Jeti Fight club is...?
Nov 16, 2017, 03:29 PM
RCG Admin
Dang I broke the first rule with this article....
Nov 16, 2017, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Free Jeti Care Services (50% Replacement Warranty)
Interesting use of the word "free". It seems that this "free" service costs $150...

Quote:
As long as you are the member of the Jeti Fight Club, all* of your devices are also covered under a 50% replacement warranty. This means that if your device is damaged by something other than manufacturer or material defect, the original owner can purchase a one-time replacement for 50% of that device's current retail price. This warranty covers the original owner for as long as they own the device and have active membership. To receive the replacement item under the 50% replacement warranty, we must first receive the damaged device.
https://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-care-services.aspx

Quote:
Other Jeti devices (Receivers, ESCs), have a 24 month warranty (from date of purchase) against manufacturer and material defects. These devices are also covered under a 50% replacement warranty. This means that if your device is damaged by something other than manufacturer or material defect, the original owner can purchase a replacement for 50% of that device's current retail price. This warranty covers the original owner for as long as they own the device. For this warranty, we must first receive the damaged device.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170606.../warranty.aspx

So prior to October this "free" service was actually free and without the "one-time" provision. I guess they got tired of "giving away" self immolating Mezons...
Nov 16, 2017, 10:14 PM
It would take a "special" kind of genius to think that this ridiculous program is a good deal.

We should all be happy to pay a premium for a premium product with premium service for a premium experience to make it all worth it. But this...this is Jeti is trying to sell a t-shirt for $150 under the banner of exclusivity.

To all those considering this club: you deserve it!

To everyone else: April Fools is several months away, and this sort of $150 rip off (not to mention their new Patreon service) is an insight into the direction that Jeti is headed and should be the largest red flag about how Jeti see their customer base.
Nov 17, 2017, 07:17 AM
This is ridiculous. Pay them $150 a year to advertise their product and be able to give them more money to buy new stuff first, because the other benefits are basically non existent. My prediction is wearing one of those shirts will be a source of ridicule.
Nov 17, 2017, 09:00 AM
AMA 112851
This is ridiculous!!! $150 dollars??? Maybe $50/yr? I'm on the fence about getting a DS16 as my Christmas gift but this kind of thing turns me off... Definitely lowered my opinion of your company by a few notches!
Last edited by tommyt; Nov 17, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
Nov 17, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt
This is ridiculous!!! $150 dollars??? Maybe $50/yr? I'm on the fence about getting a DS16 as my Christmas gift but this kind of thing turns me off... Definitely lowered my opinion of your company by a few notches!

not even $50, the transmitters are $1000+ £700+ British for a basic unit, its not exactly budget gear is it. also bare in mind that the warranty scam doesn't cover any of your jeti rc equipment. I also think jeti are wrong in the fact that if I buy a 14 channel transmitter in actual fact buying an 8 channel transmitter that I then have to pay extra for the rest of the channels and other features. it is really, if we are honest with ourselves a complete con.. or am I missing something? for instance it should be called a jeti ds 8/14.

me-"can I have a cheese burger"

seller-"yes sir."

me-"thanks.... hey, its got no cheese in it!"

seller-"oh no sir that's extra."

me-"oh, but I thought I bought a cheese burger".

seller-"oh it says cheese burger but actually its a regular burger upgradeable to a cheese burger for some more money, you should read the small print."

me"why don't you just call it a regular burger then and also advertise an actual cheese burger for slightly more money?"

seller "don't be silly sir that would be to obvious for the consumer and reveal how crazy our prices are."
Nov 17, 2017, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
the first line is pretty much ridiculous. uneless I get paid or the manufacturer gives me free shirts, hats I would never wear them on me.

they name this service Jeti Fight Club then you read the last line.

''if you damage a product, you can send it back to Esprit Model and purchase a new item at 50% off the current retail price.
Keep in mind that the warranty does not cover Jeti Transmitters, transmitter accessories, receivers or battery packs''
If you damage your Jeti neckstrap, we'll replace it for 50% off. Anything else, go away. I LOVE my Jeti equipment. There is nothing else that comes close, but this as well as begging for money for them to make support videos is a real turn off. The thousands of dollars I've given them (and will continue to give them for new stuff) is more than enough for their support.
Last edited by Eury; Nov 17, 2017 at 02:33 PM.
Nov 17, 2017, 03:28 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Neckstrap is a transmitter accessory; ergo, not covered.
Latest blog entry: My feet smell funny
Nov 17, 2017, 06:11 PM
Jeti and FrSky
Nov 18, 2017, 11:38 AM
resU deretsigeR
that is pretty funny, charge you 150 bucks.....for 50% off, of nothing.........LOL I thought jeti was a good company, but after seeing this, I relegate them to no more than a some begging charity...lol

Really?? You don't cover the TXs?? Isnt that what the company is built on??? And its advertised here like some GREAT program.......LMAO. I truly hope there are not that many fools out there...lol
Nov 18, 2017, 09:26 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGILLS
that is pretty funny, charge you 150 bucks.....for 50% off, of nothing.........LOL I thought jeti was a good company, but after seeing this, I relegate them to no more than a some begging charity...lol

Really?? You don't cover the TXs?? Isn't that what the company is built on??? And its advertised here like some GREAT program.......LMAO. I truly hope there are not that many fools out there...lol
The OP says it does not cover transmitters, transmitter accessories, or receivers.

If this is true it doesn't cover any Jeti stuff

So why is it called The Jeti Fight Club, I ask? If the above is actually true the entire thing is totally pointless as you get nothing 'Jeti' whatsoever for your 150 dollars except a t-shirt, hat, etc..

However:
For the sake of discussion I will assume that was a mistake and it does cover those things.

Comparison :

Mercedes UK, my 2015 SLK 55, purchase price 65,000 dollars UK equivalent, including all taxes:

Initial warranty, lasting 2 years, is 'free', (or an undisclosed part of the price).
Extended warranty - note this is not an 'insurance policy', it is an official Mercedes warranty and is available throughout the EU.
Starts when the initial warranty runs out and lasts 15 years or 150,000 miles and costs 450 dollars per year.
Covers everything except crash damage, battery, bulbs, hoses, tires, brake pads, brake disks, and 'liquids'.
Conditions: Must be serviced according to the schedule and such services must be carried out to the Mercedes specification (but not necessarily by an official Mercedes dealer - this is EU law) and if performed by other than an official Mercedes dealer records of the services must be kept.

Compared to the relatively 'low value' Jeti stuff this is a vastly better deal - even assuming, as I said, that the OP is mistaken as to it not covering Jeti stuff.

Jeti?

I assume this is not an official Jeti service, but something dreamed up on his own 'initiative' by the US importer only. Who is notable by his total absence on this thread. So Jeti itself should not be blamed for this apparently nonsensical 'offer'..