Graupner MZ-24 Pro - RCGroups Review - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 03, 2017, 09:33 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixus
To your first question, it took me only a few seconds on google to find this direct from Graupner's website:
take a few seconds more to reflect what you are replying to.

Quote:
This thread is here for folks to ask questions and learn about the system, not bash something
if you only want to read positive feedback go to the right forum https://www.rcgroups.com/graupner-openhobby-874/
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2017, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
take a few seconds more to reflect what you are replying to.
if you only want to read positive feedback go to the right forum https://www.rcgroups.com/graupner-openhobby-874/
Thats what I get for not sleeping in lol... missed the 'V2' there obviously

Not sure what you're referencing in your second line. Obviously nothing is perfect; I don't see any more negative threads in the Graupner-specific forum than other ones?
Dec 03, 2017, 10:38 PM
★★★★★★★★
yep. apparently there is a mz24 V1, mz24 V2 and then mz24 PRO
Old Dec 03, 2017, 10:39 PM
davidmc36
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while davidmc36 edits it.
Dec 03, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
I hate to give any credence to the troll but the assertion that the screen is good in direct sunlight?? Unless it has been changed from original MZ24 it is all but useless on a bright sunny day. I have used both 24 and Horus 12 and they are light years apart. You have to shade 24 to see anything decent and light directly on it renders it useless.

The only way Horus screen gets blocked at all is if you use it as a mirror to reflect the ball of the sun directly in to your eyes. And even then all that actually is unreadable is what is covered by the image of the sun. You can still see everything else around it.
I've seen the Horus out of the field and it is definitely significantly easier to see outside in the sun than the 24. That being said, I don't have any issues programming the 24 outside on a sunny day, although I typically will turn to face away from the sun, use some tree shade, etc. Its a valid point though and probably the biggest 'weakness' of this system as TFT's in general don't do fantastic outdoors. If I recall when the Horus was in development there was a prototype that used a TFT screen similar to the 24 but they switched to whats now used, as that was a major concern when it was under development.
Dec 03, 2017, 11:32 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
I've seen the Horus out of the field and it is definitely significantly easier to see outside in the sun than the 24.
Its a valid point though and probably the biggest 'weakness' of this system as TFT's in general don't do fantastic outdoors.
the Horus has a cheap TN panel (they call it industrial level ?) the key is more brightness, it draws more energy mA though.
does the mz24 PRO have better-higher screen resoluion than the V1 ? if so that could be the cause why it takes longer to load main menu icons.
Dec 04, 2017, 07:55 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
..the key is more brightness..
X12 has more going for it than that. Just a bit of extra brightness is not going to enable you to use it as a mirror reflecting the ball of the sun directly into your eyes leaving the whole screen visible, save the disk of the sun. And not squinting visible, perfectly clear and readable.

On that note, I should get out of here and stop dragging things off topic and before I get reported again for calling a Spade a Spade.

Graupner radios are awesome radios with solid as a rock RF. The relative brightness/readability of the screen is going to be a complete NON-FACTOR for 99.99% of users. (Most people don't futz around a lot at the field, they go to fly)
Dec 04, 2017, 09:15 AM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
I agree with the above conclusion. With Frsky I’ve had unexplained lockouts but NEVER with Graupner.
Dec 04, 2017, 09:39 PM
Question for you all.

I bought the Graupner 2S-4S LiPo battery voltage sensor. I have my 2S LiPo plugged into it, then plugged into channel five. On my telemetry screen I see the voltage coming through as 'BATT' and 'BAT 1'. I'm trying to set up the radio so that it issues an alarm when the voltage drops below a certain amount.

I feel his is fairly straight forward but I've been trying to get this for the better part of the afternoon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Dec 04, 2017, 09:50 PM
Go to the Telemetry/Settings and data view menu

You will see the screen that shows your receiver settings. Press the GEN (or GAM) button which and press ENT several times to page between the various screens until you come to the module page. There is a user and alarm page which you can navigate by pressing the SET button to activate and INC/DEC button will let you navigate between the menu options.
Dec 04, 2017, 09:58 PM
I'm at the module page and see this:

VOLTAGE MODULE 4.45
OVERALL VOLT: 08.4V
CALIBRATE: NO
VOLTAGE CELL: 3.9V
WARNING: 04s

Is this the page you are referring to? I don't see anywhere to explicitly state the minimum battery voltage that triggers the alarm.

Also, thanks for the really fast reply and all of the help!!
Dec 04, 2017, 10:38 PM
This is the right page. Normally no calibration is needed.

You state the minimum cell voltage since this module measures voltage on cell level. A good value is around 3.4-3.5 volts.
Dec 04, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
This is the right page. Normally no calibration is needed.

You state the minimum cell voltage since this module measures voltage on cell level. A good value is around 3.4-3.5 volts.
Awesome, thank you so much!! Everything is starting to click with how this goes together... really helpful how its cell-based and not based on overall voltage incase I run other sized batteries.

Thanks again for the stellar support!!
Dec 12, 2017, 11:49 AM
Looks great! Can't afford one though, haha!
Dec 12, 2017, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychopathRC
Looks great! Can't afford one though, haha!
It's a great system and honestly a fantastic value for an outstanding radio, two receivers (maybe three idk) and a really nice metal case

Quick Reply