Dec 03, 2017, 07:27 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
this thread got in 15 days the same views that a Frsky thread usually get in 24h... don't ask me why.
Could it be Graupner's target segment is not driven by dollars as the first criteria? I too am very interested in this radio. Have always heard good things about Graupner. I believe Reto has one, may ask him the next time I see him if I could handle his. How it feels in your hands does matter. I also have short fat fingers and the sliders need further investigation for me.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2017, 08:05 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
this thread got in 15 days the same views that a Frsky thread usually get in 24h... don't ask me why.
Most Trolls would realize that there is exponentially more FrSky users than SJ. What's to wonder?
Dec 03, 2017, 08:37 AM
I came over from Spektrum and JR (DX6i, old DX7, and JR 9503) to the MZ-24. Really glad I did.

At the Oshkosh Air show over the summer Horizon had a booth set up where they let me feel out the DX20 which has very nice gimbals and ergonomics. I've flown on the DX18, DX9, DX8, etc and they don't compare to the DX20 in terms of feel. The MZ-24 though blows the other Spektrum radios out of the water and is near identical to the feel of the DX20.

The programming functionality is fantastic. I don't see myself needing more than 12 channels or doing any programming outside of the limitations of the MZ 24; that's with sailplanes, planes with seven or eight servos plus other accessories, hexacopters and quadcopters, etc.

I would highly recommend this radio. I think it goes for around $460, but that's with a 12 channel radio, tee revivers (which all have telemetry capability), a very nice case, etc. I'm glad I did.
Dec 03, 2017, 08:43 AM
I forgot to add a reply to reverse's question about how the screen does.

From the beginning TFT's have not been known to excel in sunlight. I will say though that i have been pleasantly surprised by how well it does. You can control the screen brightness which helps. I've never had a time where I couldn't easily program. It does pretty well, better than my iPhone.

The main thing I dislike so far about the radio, is that the springs for the gimbals are pretty soft for my taking. I fly 3D and like having stiff and firm springs. Even with tightened all the way they don't do it for me. I ordered a stiffer set that graupner makes which should solve that though.
Dec 03, 2017, 09:55 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
Good note on the spring tension. I like stiff stick tension also. Put the stiffer springs in both of my SD-10's before I programmed them! At the moment I'm married to ATX though.
Dec 03, 2017, 10:00 AM
Seems like the new graupner mz12 pro is what us airtronics fanboys were hoping for after the sd10g. I am going to get one. I also think graupner is the first to have fully programmable flight controllers through the radio software.
Dec 03, 2017, 01:13 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarmark
Could it be Graupner's target segment is not driven by dollars as the first criteria?
Could it be nobody likes Graupner in North America ?
(software not intuitive and slow, bad quality speaker, unreadable screen outdoors, lack of customer support...)
Dec 03, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
(software not intuitive and slow, bad quality speaker, unreadable screen outdoors, lack of customer support...)
I live near Chicago and I'm a fan. The speaker is fine (I'm not playing music through it or anything) the screen works much better than expected outdoors where aindont mind programming on a sunny day, I've never been in hold to speak with support which is in there USA (and they are decently active in the forums l) and I find that the software, while different, is easy once you start using it.

To each their own though.
Dec 03, 2017, 04:05 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
I loved my Graupner gear, but the software is just too difficult to remember given the long, wet winters where I live.
Dec 03, 2017, 04:07 PM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
Quote:
I don't think that is the case. I love my Graupners. I like the software (intuitive for me) , screen is a little dim in direct sunlight but I never look at it while I'm flying anyway, I rely on voice alerts. But perfectly readable for outdoor programming. And the customer support from Graupner USA is top notch.

If I could sell the Frsky stuff without taking a bath, I'd buy more Graupner.

As said.... to each his own.
Dec 03, 2017, 07:49 PM
Quote:
I donít know where you live but if you are living in North America I am sure many donít like you either.

We are now on our fifth year in North America and have only occasional issues with persons like you who have nothing else to do but dumping useless content.

Ever thought applying for Grinch? Itís almost Christmas.
Last edited by Graupner USA; Dec 03, 2017 at 09:29 PM.
Dec 03, 2017, 07:52 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
My dealings with you guys were outstanding, as are your products.
Dec 03, 2017, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
I donít know where you live but if you are living in North America I am sure many donít like you either.

We are now on our fifth year in North America and have only occasional issues with persons like you who have nothing else to do but dumping useless trolling content.

Ever thought applying for Grinch? Itís almost Christmas.
This. This is one of the contributing reasons that I'm a Graupner fan. They are active on the forums and not afraid to have a little fun while online lol.

Dec 03, 2017, 09:02 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
you who have nothing else to do but dumping useless trolling content.
typical fan boy argument: different opinion = trolling
I know you only want to read ''Graupner is the best product in North America I highly recommend it over any other brand''

1- I'm still waiting a reply to this qestion
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=52

2- if you think I'm wrong prove it !! get a Frsky X10 from Aloft Hobbies and compare the speaker and screen face to pace otherwise you are not believable for a second
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3614
Dec 03, 2017, 09:13 PM
Quote:
typical fan boy argument: different opinion = trolling
I know you only want to read ''Graupner is the best product in North America I highly recommend it over any other brand''

1- I'm still waiting a reply to this qestion
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=52

2- if you think I'm wrong prove it !! get a Frsky X10 from Aloft Hobbies and compare the speaker and screen face to pace otherwise you are not believable for a second
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3614
To your first question, it took me only a few seconds on google to find this direct from Graupner's website:

Quote:
Whats New?

Supports all model types: airplanes, sailplanes, helicopters, multirotor, cars and boats
Flight phase assignable and programmable voice switches
User created and user assignable voice files
Real-time telemetry voice announcements and alerts
User assignable switches and proportional controls
In-flight auto trim of airplanes
14 wing types for airplanes and sailplanes
Ready to go wing and flap mixers
8 programmable mixers, 5 linear and 3 curve mixers
Wide range of sailplane programming: butterfly, camber, aileron differential
Wireless student and teacher mode
10 logical switch assignments
3 channel servo sequencer
Dual, triple rates and expos
Adjustable trim steps 0 to 10
Selectable frame rates of 10ms or 20ms
6 flight modes with voice announcements
Multi receiver binding for expansion and system redundancy
User adjustable mode selection (1, 2, 3 or 4)
MP3 player (uses SD card up to 32 GB)
HoTTSync for exclusive and safe model operation
Use of up to 75 frequency hopping channels to ensure operating reliability
30 model memories with almost unlimited model storage on SD memory card
Support for digital SUMD or SUMO (PPM) outputs for third party controller
Granted I didn't use the non-pro system ever so this isn't first hand, but the google told me

To your second question, the speaker video is compared to a Futaba, and I'm not sure if the futaba in the sunlight picture uses the same screen as the Graupner? Wouldn't surprise me if they did as these things tend to be pretty standard. Either way as I and others have said, the screen is just fine for programming outdoors, even in direct sunlight.

The Futaba, the FrSky, and the Graupner are all excellent radio systems. Modern radios today are so much better than they were even five or ten years ago. Obviously different radios are better for different people. This thread is here for folks to ask questions and learn about the system, not bash something (unless it is productive and an actual concern for those who use this system).

Hobby On!

Quick Reply