Graupner MZ-24 Pro - RCGroups Review - RC Groups

Graupner MZ-24 Pro - RCGroups Review

Graupner is back with a new 12-channel transmitter that features the praised HoTT protocol, but adds a number of features. With its slick looks and incredible functionality, not to mention its affordable price tag, the MZ-24 Pro is bound to become a go-to 12 channel TX for pilots everywhere. Let's check it out!

Splash

Graupner MZ-24 Pro

Product:Graupner MZ-24 Pro
Retail price:$469.90
Channels:12
Battery:1s 5000 Mah Lipo included
Telemetry:Yes
Voice:Yes
Trainer:Wired or Wireless
Model Memory:30
Flight Modes:6
SD Card:Yes included
Available from:GRAUPNER

Graupner has entered the market of the professional grade 12 channel transmitter with the MZ-24 Pro, with all of the features of the more expensive 12 channel transmitters on the market but with a much lower price point. With its brightly colored display screens, voice announcements, and TFT touch screen, it truly is one of the most versatile transmitters on the market.

Let's take a look at the MZ-24 Pro with Mean Joe and see how it stacks up!

Video Review

Graupner MZ-24 Pro - RCGroups Review (11 min 58 sec)

What's Included

The Graupner MZ-24 Pro showed up on the bench packed in a well-protected box with nice graphics. Mean Joe opened up the box and was very excited to find that it ships with an awesome transmitter case. At this price, getting a transmitter case with a transmitter is almost unheard of. In my experience, most cases run in the $200 range, and that's almost half what the MZ-24 Pro costs. Very nice!

The Graupner MZ-24 Pro also ships with several accessories. Here is a quick list:

• 1 x GR-16L 8ch receiver
  • 2 x GR-12L 6ch receiver
  • 5000 mAh LiPo Battery
  • Battery Charger
  • USB PC interface set
  • USB interface adapter wire
  • USB Cable
  • SD Card adapter
  • SD Card case
  • Micro SD Card
  • Hard case
  • USB adapter wire
  • Neckstrap
  • Neckstrap balancer
  • Two-year Warranty
  • Manual

Features

The Graupner MZ-24 Pro has a ton of built-in features, and to be honest, there are many more features than we will go into here. Instead, what I will do is cover some of the main features in text, and you can view the video for a full model set up tutorial. Alternatively, you can get more info HERE.

Not only is this a 12 channel professional grade aircraft transmitter, but it can also be set up to control sailplanes, helis, cars, boats, and quads. The built-in versatility is great. It also has a built-in 30 model memory that can be rotated through with just the click of a button. Very handy.

The brightly colored 3.5" TFT (thin-film transistor) screen is easy to read, and the menus are all very self-explanatory and easy to access. With just a few clicks you can go from the home screen to the base, function, system, and telemetry screens for a near infinite-option programming experience, all of which can be accessed with your finger or the included stylus. As an added bonus if you prefer the use of buttons instead of the touchscreen option, you can access all of the menus and functions using the buttons located to the left and right of the touchscreen.

Because of the HoTT (Hopping Telemetry Transmission) technology, you can fly with confidence knowing that the MZ-24 Pro is hopping over 75 2.4 GHz channels to secure the most reliable, interference-free operating channel.

Real-Time Telemetry

Real-time telemetry is built right into the MZ-24 Pro TX. It does not require any additional hardware for functions such as signal quality, temperature, or receiver voltage. The included receivers can be set up to notify you of any system changes. Graupner also offers options of telemetry ESC's, modules, and sensors that will immediately connect to your TX without the need for additional wiring or set-up.

Programmable Voice Alerts

The Graupner MZ-24 Pro allows you the availability of programming any logical switch to announce any alerts you choose for aircraft conditions. You can choose from a large number of pre-programmed options or even record your own using the free Graupner Firmware Update Studio Program.

Logical Switch Programming

One of the cool features of the MZ-24 Pro is the ability to program the 10 logical switches using the AND/OR options. What this allows is for you to be able to program conditions unique to that option. As an example, you can program the gear switch to not deploy the gear unless the flaps are down into the landing position.

Auto Trim Feature

Lastly, the Graupner MZ-24 Pro has a built-in Auto trim feature! This allows the user to be able to auto trim with just the click of one switch. Just program this function to any switch you choose, then during the flight bring the aircraft to level flight and click the switch. The Graupner MZ-24 Pro then relays those inputs to the model to trim it. You can then, of course, fine-tune the settings for a perfectly trimmed model.

In Closing

In closing, with easy to use menus, colorful display, and extensive programming options, the Graupner MZ-24 Pro is truly a professional level transmitter at an affordable price point. Its 14 wing types, 10 programmable switches, 6 flight modes, and 30 model memory, will allow it to cover all of your programming needs.

So if your in the market for a professional grade, quality built transmitter with a ton of built in features, look no further than the Graupner MZ-24 Pro! ~Mean Joe

RCGroups.com Review Policies

Our intent is to provide fair and unbiased reviews so that consumers can make informed decisions regarding new products. Some things you should know about our review process:

• RCGroups.com review items are provided by hobby manufacturers and suppliers, some of whom may be RCGroups advertisers.
  • Review products are sent directly to independent reviewers, chosen by RCGroups.com.
  • RCGroups.com reviewers are not compensated by either RCGroups.com or the reviewed item's supplier. However, they are allowed to keep the review items at no charge.
  • Published reviews reflect the opinion of the author.
  • When a conflict arises between a review sponsor and a reviewer (which is rare), RCGroups attempts to work out a satisfactory solution for all parties. In some cases, this may mean that a finished review will go unpublished, or be subjected to editing for technical accuracy. RCGroups reserves the final say as to whether an article is fit for publication.

It is always our intent to provide a place for honest and open commentary, and to put the needs of our visitors first. If you feel that something we've published is inaccurate, please let us know using the contact form.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 17, 2017 at 04:36 PM..
Nov 19, 2017, 07:43 PM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
So far this is at the top of my list for my next radio.

Mike
Nov 20, 2017, 02:07 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
With my current system, I have to use digital servos with the faster frame-rate receivers. I can still use analog servos with the slower frame-rate receivers. Will these receivers work with analog servos in my older models?

Jack ... AKA Darth Windbag
Nov 20, 2017, 03:32 PM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Vermillion
The brightly colored 3.5" TFT (thin-film transistor) screen is easy to read
easy to read outside in the bright sun ?
Nov 20, 2017, 04:48 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
With my current system, I have to use digital servos with the faster frame-rate receivers. I can still use analog servos with the slower frame-rate receivers. Will these receivers work with analog servos in my older models?

Jack ... AKA Darth Windbag
Graupner Rx's can be set 20ms or 10ms to accommodate what you need.
Nov 20, 2017, 05:17 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
^^^ Thanks! ^^^
Nov 21, 2017, 12:09 PM
cfg
cfg
The link is near perfect.
Nov 28, 2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Graupner Rx's can be set 20ms or 10ms to accommodate what you need.
How is it done?
Nov 28, 2017, 09:34 PM
Go to Telemetry/Settings and Data View.

Depending on the RX you will find it on the first page or second page of the receiver menu.
Nov 29, 2017, 03:53 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratter
How is it done?
And what you will see there is "Period" i's the parameter you want to adjust.
Dec 02, 2017, 09:27 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Does this transmitter have sliders? I can't seem to find any reference to a slider anywhere.
Dec 02, 2017, 09:30 AM
mostly gliders
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
Does this transmitter have sliders? I can't seem to find any reference to a slider anywhere.
Check the video, 45 seconds into the movie.

/Ville
Dec 02, 2017, 10:10 AM
Graupner MZ-24 Pro switch locations and 2/3 positions (1 min 3 sec)

More on switches and sliders...
Dec 02, 2017, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liukku
Check the video, 45 seconds into the movie.

/Ville
Yes. One on each side. I had do cut some of the rubber away to get my fat fingers on them better.
Dec 03, 2017, 03:27 AM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
this thread got in 15 days the same views that a Frsky thread usually get in 24h... don't ask me why.