Mar 07, 2018, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
Hi Chris,
Great news....

For a standard Whippit set up here we use the thicker (0.8mm) tri plate with the round one underneath , increasing blade down stiffness for reduced tail strikes. flex up is then not affected.

For slightly larger models, and the set up on the C30 and ka1 we ADDED the extra thin tri plate (0.4mm) on top, increasing the flying stiffness up and down.... again the round plate is used underneath.

I basically sent you therefore 2 sets...

Hope it works like ours and let us know

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2018, 10:15 PM
Thanks again Steve...I thought that may be the way to go...It felt as if it should have all three for this model.
I hope to get the unit assembled soon but I have a few things on my work bench taking a little room at the moment.
Chris...
Mar 14, 2018, 07:44 AM
Today I managed to get to the field and test the try plate that Steve had sent to me.
I found it to be very flexible compared to the plates I am currently using and that can be seen in the pics in the video compared to my previous pictures.
The flight's were very stable and was surprised to find how effective the rudder is. I could fly easily using rudder and elevator only..with no roll input required. The flight after the one in the video was ROG...now that is unusual for me ..but I thought that I should give it a try. This model is a pleasure to fly and I thank you again Steve for all your assistance.
Chris...

Foam C- 30 Autogyro (3 min 15 sec)
Mar 14, 2018, 09:42 AM
Nice one Chris that was flying superbly. Glad the changes worked out well.

Grahamj
Mar 14, 2018, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Hi Chris,

Fabulous flying and that looks like it flies just like mine.. absolute pussycat !!!.

So pleased it worked out as I was really disappointed to see your first trials. As it reminded me when i put too stiff a plate on my whippit and turned the model into a Tiger which just wanted to sit on its tail....

Thanks could go to me for the help but no really... thanks should go to Rich for the original plate, Graham for adding the thinner one for a heavier model and the whippit, Malcolm for his manufacture..

All I have done is listed to all the amazing help and support the UK autonuts have freely given, tried to make some sense of it and understand why etc, break it down and apply bits to different situations...(I guess that's the engineer in me.... the best question in the world is "why???")

Add a bit of model creativity and Tim's design help and then go enjoy!!!!!

Small point but could you add Tim Potter to your video credits at the start.. as without him the C30 and Ka1 would not have happened.

So, back to you.... the next thing we need to sort out is those missing right hand turns so we can get you doing the lovely slooooow figure of 8's...

Try it with this model... just rudder and not much roll is required , you will be surprised

Steve (so pleased !!!)
Mar 15, 2018, 01:07 AM
I really must apologise to the other guys for not giving credit all around .. Many thanks to Tim for his great design and Graham for his words of wisdom....I do appreciate the help that I receive and I hope that other gyronort's start building this model.
As it so happens, I was out flying today and would you believe that I never did one left circuit.? would you really believe that
Tim's name now appears at the start of the video.
And to my next project....have to keep the little grey cells working.
Some of you may have noticed that I have the PA-36 up and flying in its finished repaired condition.
Happy Landings
Chris...
Apr 09, 2018, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Some more gifts Chris, on their way shortly

Steve
Apr 09, 2018, 05:36 PM
Hi Steve

I live in San Luis , Argentina and got some email, answers and info from Chris ( britinoz ) about his C30 after seeing the flight video.
Also read the posts here and ... thinking about this nice C-30 ...!

So, today got the drawings and like to know if you can post the dimentions to start with the printed head.
Even simpler,... could you send me the head .stl files ??? I can start from there too, slicing and printing.
Material used is PLA, right ?

Thanks in advance from -33... , -66... aprox !!!

Jorge
Apr 09, 2018, 10:41 PM
Thread OP
Hi there sure Jorge, as with the radial engine we will sort the file for you.

Steve
Apr 10, 2018, 04:49 AM
Thanks a lot Steve !!!.
Where can I find it ?

Jorge
Apr 10, 2018, 10:34 AM
Thread OP
Will be PM'ed
Apr 14, 2018, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Another package on it way Chris....
Apr 14, 2018, 07:56 PM
Wow ............... Who's a lucky boy.
Apr 16, 2018, 01:50 PM
there is no spoon...
ok, this is going to be my first autogyro. I downloaded the plans and my friend printed them out for me.

Couple things...is this made of 3 or 6mm foam sheets?
Second, how long is this model? I'm thinking mine is going to be close to 30" in length by the main center plate and rudder. I bought a few of the Auto G2 blades until I make my own.
Apr 16, 2018, 03:00 PM
I don’t think this is a suitable model for a 1st Gyro. Maybe you should have a go at the Whippit first? What do the gyro nuts say?

Quick Reply