Mar 12, 2018, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Yeah the new BlHeli_32 ESCs have telemetry connections like Kiss ESCs have so yes they can be soldered up to the Steele/Kiss PDB but they're not compatible with the Kiss FC other than the normal functions that an ESC would have which would be controlling the speed of the motor. So no telemetry readings are going to be read by the Kiss FCV2. The OSD gets it's info passed on from the FC so basically the telemetry connections from the BlHeli_32 ESCs will be for nothing.
That is not entire true. If youre running DShot, than you can use telemetry with BLHeli_32, since the telemetry are just DShot commands.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2018, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Some people found putting a cap on the 5V output necessary on the Steele/Kiss PDB when it was first released to counteract brownouts and this odd situation where prop icons fill the OSD screen. So many in fact that in the second revision of that PDB they added two additional pads so people had an easy spot to solder on a cap. The revised PDB had added the cap to the lipo voltage source and not the 5V line tho and IIRC a few people have had to add that cap on the 5V output also. Some do, some don't, all comes down to your setup and PIDs it seems from what others have said. I definitely agree on the setup but as far as messing with my PIDs I've not done anything to test that on my setup. As a matter of fact I removed the cap I had installed on my Alien when I put the Steele/Kiss PDB on it. Figure if Steele doesn't need caps I don't... I run no caps on any of my rigs now, and of course they're all Kiss... Now If I moved up to 5s or 6s I would install caps on each ESC as specified in the manual for each. And just in case anyone is wondering, video is crystal clear...

He was talking about the minim OSD, not the Steele PDB.
Mar 12, 2018, 10:21 AM
Hello mate, recently Runcam have released a new method to change camera settings by radio transmitter, they came out a new protocol called Runcam Device, it would be nice if KISS system can support this, hoping we will have a new firmware upgrading this
Mar 12, 2018, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liujinlongljl
Hello mate, recently Runcam have released a new method to change camera settings by radio transmitter, they came out a new protocol called Runcam Device, it would be nice if KISS system can support this, hoping we will have a new firmware upgrading this
I'm fairly confident this is already supported in the latest Gui (2.0.6). I don't think it has all the functionality yet though.
Mar 12, 2018, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
We have support for the Runcam Split but not the Micro Swift 3 which is fairly new.

Alex aka FedorComander contacted several cam manufacturers months ago, proposing the cam control via UART. They didn't seem to be interested...
Mar 12, 2018, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
He was talking about the minim OSD, not the Steele PDB.
Hmm, my bad, thought he was inquiring about both the micro MinimOSD and Steele/Kiss PDB...
Mar 12, 2018, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyduino
We have support for the Runcam Split but not the Micro Swift 3 which is fairly new.

Alex aka FedorComander contacted several cam manufacturers months ago, proposing the cam control via UART. They didn't seem to be interested...
That's funny that RunCam is bringing that as a new feature then lol. Perhaps it wasn't their own idea then
Mar 12, 2018, 01:36 PM
I just want the ability to adjust the settings in my goggles a la OSD...that would be the best camera feature ever. None of this...1/2 preset garbage. Give me the powwa!!!!
Mar 12, 2018, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
I just want the ability to adjust the settings in my goggles a la OSD...that would be the best camera feature ever. None of this...1/2 preset garbage. Give me the powwa!!!!
That would be nice. Although I find once I get a good setting on the camera I hardly ever touch the settings again. Idk, cool feature either way it could be implemented I just don't know how useful in the long run. Idk, maybe I'm the only one that doesn't find the need to adjust settings all the time perhaps...
Mar 13, 2018, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyduino

Personally I think it's unnecessary to have this feature, but it would be nice to support this, for the Runcam swift series is now supporting one touch scene settings(several preset settings for different scenes), with the camera being remote controlled, we can easily load presets without plugging in the little osd menu cable.
Mar 14, 2018, 05:33 PM
Hello, I got a KISS FC V2 and I got a Matek PDB/OSD to go along with it. Is there a way to get rssi out of the KISS FC to the osd/pdb?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Mar 14, 2018, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedneuron
Hello, I got a KISS FC V2 and I got a Matek PDB/OSD to go along with it. Is there a way to get rssi out of the KISS FC to the osd/pdb?

Thanks in advance for your time.
If the Matek OSD uses MWOSD FW then you can flash awolf78's Kiss OSD to it and then you'd need to assign a channel on your RX to output RSSI that would then be displayed on the OSD once connected correctly. RSSI comes from the RX not the Kiss FC. I would come over to Alex's Kiss OSD thread to get into the specifics of doing this. Also when you come over to that thread post a link to that PDB/OSD so we know exactly what your working with Here's the link
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post39334752
Mar 14, 2018, 07:54 PM
This thing uses STOSD8. Do you think itd work if I solder the receiver signal cable to the fc and then run another cable from there to the rssi pad on the osd board?

Its one of these boards: http://www.mateksys.com/downloads/HUBOSD8-SE_EN.pdf

The page takes forever to load. Start a big puzzle or carving.
Mar 14, 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote:
This thing uses STOSD8. Do you think itd work if I solder the receiver signal cable to the fc and then run another cable from there to the rssi pad on the osd board?

http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=hubosd8-se

Is that what you were trying to link?
Mar 15, 2018, 01:29 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=hubosd8-se

Is that what you were trying to link?
I was afraid you were gonna say it was that one... It uses proprietary FW and can't be flashed with Kiss OSD. That PDB/OSD is a standalone board so Kiss telemetry can't be used with it. I remember when that was first released that many people were having troubles with it so I hope they've fixed them by now. There's a link to the RCGroups thread for it at the bottom of the page in the link that cafu posted. Personally I'd get an OSD that can take advantage of Kiss telemetry. It's one of the great features of Kiss. So you could get a simple PDB and use a micro MinimOSD or similar and you'd be able to take advantage of Kiss telemetry and all the great features Alex has implemented in his Kiss OSD FW. It's worth the little bit of fiddling to get it all wired up and flashed and stuff. The after landing and disarming flight summary of everything and then each ESC separately plus being able to crash, unplug the lipo and when you plug the lipo back in it asking you if you want to continue where you left off features are themselves alone worth the extra effort and building time. Let alone being able to tune your PIDs and also change Vtx settings if you've got a Smartaudio enabled Vtx onboard. I can't suggest enough how much you want to use Kiss OSD over that Matek board... And for RSSI connection the thread for it would be where I'd start looking for answers for your RSSI connection. It won't go thru the FC tho I do know that for sure. Good luck with whatever you decide but I know what I'd do lol! There's no question about it

Quick Reply