Nov 14, 2017, 12:44 PM
sorry, my english is bad
i am not stepping into this price whine but what you guys have to explain me is: why onboard OSD?
This freaking osd chips die so easy, i can not count how many i had to replace in the past.
Most new fpv cameras have voltage build in already.
And i don't want to replace an entire FC cause of this crappy OSD chip.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2017, 12:54 PM
Registered User of Hard Quads

phew man i dont know, 66 euro is a lot of money!. its nearly twice the cost of the old one, thats crazy.

its easy to see why people are shocked, the ultra premium price and the lack of "standard" competitor features ie osd built in pdb ect. but imagine how much it would have cost if it had included an osd and pdb!.

hey all my quads are kissed and im hugely grateful for all the innovations felix has brought to the hobby but....66 EUROS!!! i dont know man.
Nov 14, 2017, 01:13 PM
Could someone please explain the real world advantage of DShot 2400 at 8khz gyro sampling rate?
Nov 14, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badinode
Could someone please explain the real world advantage of DShot 2400 at 8khz gyro sampling rate?
Probably not. At this point, it's so far beyond the realm of human comprehension and detection (i.e. being able to feel it in the sticks) that it's like going from 100GB/s download speed to 1TB/s download speed. Perhaps there will be a tangible outcome in the near future through some new hardware or software that will make the difference noticeable, but for now it's relish on a hot dog.
Nov 14, 2017, 01:53 PM
Does this work with the Steele PDB using the existing wires/connections?
Nov 14, 2017, 02:04 PM
Registered User of Hard Quads
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencei2
Does this work with the Steele PDB using the existing wires/connections?
yes
Nov 14, 2017, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedorComander
i used those chips. its real PITA...
sometimes you are not from this planet
Nov 14, 2017, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyduino
F7 FPU, MPU6000 via SPI, DS2400, 6s, CP2102, more UARTs, better layout...
Those are all very nice improvements and there is no doubt this is an all around better version of the classic Kiss FC. a good refresh.

Compared to some of the BF FCs it still feels pretty underwhelming though.
The slim form factor of the Kiss FC somewhat made sense when it came as some people actually soldered pins to the board.
For the V2, the only reason I see it still not being a standard 36x36mm board is so that it still looks like a Kiss FC, but in exchange there is a huge amount of wasted space that could have easily used for either an SD socket or some flash memory and an onboard OSD which by now are both standard features by now for any serious FC, especially at that asking price.

To the people asking why you would want an OSD when cameras already can show the voltage:
-used mah, which is a way better metric for how much power you have left as it is pretty linear
-current
-on time or fly time
-a center dot can really help you aim for tight gaps
-PID/Rate/Filter tuning without putting down the FPV goggles
-TX power, and well, just doing all settings in a nice menu
-RSSI
I think if you have ever used your Kiss FC with an actual OSD and you are not a just fanboy that will defend Kiss no matter what they throw at you there is really no question why they should put one on the FC just like everyone else did.
If you don´t trust it or have any reason to not use it, just don´t.
But its just such a great benefit that I´m sure 95% of the pilots would use it.

I really like Flyduinos hardware and for the most part am pretty happy with the Kiss things that I use or have used. (quite a few of 18A, 30A, 24A, FC V1, CC)
Performance and reliability is really good and looking at the CC shows those guys really know how to pack some seriously cool stuff on a small board.

Kiss FC V2 though... meh
Nov 14, 2017, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
I would have preferred an SD card reader or an onboard flash chip rather than extra UART's. With so many peripheral options out there that do more and more, the FC needs to do less, but having some form of integrated logging should have been put in. I'm also not convinced that F7 chips are that much of an improvement over what we're currently flying on F3 chips...so meh on that aspect.

It's nice that the motor PWM layout has changed, so that's a huge improvement on form factor, nice job! It also looks like the post holes are larger and electronics (like LED's) are situated such that they're not going to get snagged by a hex nut.

One of the things that keeps my from converting my Alien to BF is the simplicity of the KISS system, and the fact that the adaptive filter just flat works. No enabling a dynamic notch, checking for hot motors, changing the filter type, checking for hot motors, turning off the gyro notch filters, checking for hot motors, turning off the d-term filter, checking for hot motors. For the love of quad though, please give me more than 4 AUX choices in the GUI!

The price of the v2 FC (and the 32A ESC's) will absolutely preclude me from converting until it's impossible to source v1 boards and 24a ESC's. I'm just not going to pay $173 for a new FC and 4 new ESC's. Flyduino has always had a brand tax to it, and it's delivered for the most part to the point where it justifies the cost. I could maybe see paying for the higher power ESC's, but not the FC - Sorry guys, you missed big on this one.
Sorry, but you really have no idea whats ticking on this F7 I LOVE IT! What i was planning to do on F3 and was unable to achieve what i want - is a breathe on F7... So much CPU power to use...
Nov 14, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm1983
sometimes you are not from this planet
I am. I was soldering flash chips to nazes long time it become standard Damn... 2-4 flights logger and hour of downloading. No thanks.
Nov 14, 2017, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teramax
i am not stepping into this price whine but what you guys have to explain me is: why onboard OSD?
This freaking osd chips die so easy, i can not count how many i had to replace in the past.
Most new fpv cameras have voltage build in already.
And i don't want to replace an entire FC cause of this crappy OSD chip.
And amber says voltage and consumed mahs every 100mah Heaven. I forgot when i was checking voltage last time to be honest.
Nov 14, 2017, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raumagent
So the only real advantage of this board is the F7 chip? But there are other FCs coming out that are also F7 AND offer a better board layout and feature set, for less money. And your software is not even ready to take full advantage of the F7. I also wonder how you wanna attract new customers with this pricing?

Overall this release really makes me question if KISS is still the way to go for me.
Yeah, there are great alternatives, cheaper, too... But can they run KISS FW? Naah. )) You got the idea. Iron is dead without soft it runs
Nov 14, 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote:
I am. I was soldering flash chips to nazes long time it become standard Damn... 2-4 flights logger and hour of downloading. No thanks.
You are right there, downloading from onboard flash is painfully slow and really only usable for short tuning flights.
That's why most recent FC have an onboard SD slot. what is your reasoning against that one?
Nov 14, 2017, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Sorry, but you really have no idea whats ticking on this F7 I LOVE IT! What i was planning to do on F3 and was unable to achieve what i want - is a breathe on F7... So much CPU power to use...
Sure he doesn’t know. How could he? I guess we have to wait until more testing is done, right?
Okay, let‘s wait then.
Nov 14, 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversone
I dont understand this...

Why the heck would you have a sd card reader on the fc??? Just put some onboard flash memory on it, that would have been nice...!

And for what ever reason is everybody wanting an integrated pdb?
When you want a small build, you go with a 4in1 esc anyway, and then you DONT need a pdb...
Never!

And whats that all about this useless OSD's?
Yeah I just tried a Fortini with OSD... It's nice, but thats just it.
Every cam has an osd with voltage. Thats all you need..
And the settings I can do with the BF OSD are also possible with a LUA script...

So just keep it simple guys!
What you've been using logs so far? pid tuning? notch filters? Yeah, its great for debug. But seriously how many can PROPERLY READ those logs? Do you log EVERY flight? Do you really need to log stuff when FC does automatically for you? Pid envelope is quite wide, adaptive filter irons a lot of things out QUITE DARN GOOD... And F7 has new adaptive filtering J ust put your rates, and YOU ARE GOOD to fly. Pump up some pids a bit if you aren't happy. Keep it simple.

OSD wise, Do you watch voltage during flight? How its helpful, yeah, it drops to 10 volts on punch outs. Consumed mah is what you need to monitor. Telemetry works on plenty of radios... LUA works on 3 platforms (Taranis, Crossfire/Tango, Graupner)... Thats still quite cool. I think next big thing to come is integrated OSD to the cameras ANYWAYS, when FC talks to camera for osd... Just serial to camera and off you go.

Quick Reply