Jan 23, 2020, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
I had a chance to finally fly the new Flyduino Licensed FETTEC flight controller, which is effectively a KISS V2 F7 FC in 20x20 form. I know some of you are curious if the KISS licensed stuff is the same - I can assure you it is.

I've posted two videos below. The first is a general overview of both the FC and the ESC from FETTEC. The reason I'm happy to post this here is because FETTEC is essentially keeping KISS alive - this is a good thing. The second video is my maiden flight with it - there's a LOT that I need to do to lock it in the way I expect it to be, BUT, it was just like flying my other KISS quads. I'm excited, and I hope you are too!

Here's the review of both the flight controller and the new ESC:
https://youtu.be/lhr5vjXMctc

Here's the video from the Maiden:
https://youtu.be/4wbiJU1yNCI

same hw. same code. how different can it be? )) u even can flash fettec fw to kiss fc. wont be 100% but it boots well. few ports are changed though. so pay attention what u flash.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2020, 02:12 PM
I really dig my FETtec stack. The only thing I don't like is the super stiff cable between the ESC and FC. Ill swap it out at some point. The switch to KISS has been my best move yet. BF 4.1 with RPM filtering is the best BF has ever been but KISS is on another level with control and simplicity. All I want now is a whoop style board for my Toothpick. I hope a US dealer becomes a distributer for KISS and FETtec HW. I like I said I love the stack and the price doesn't bother me but the shipping was very high and that turns a lot of people off.
Jan 23, 2020, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkvillager
I really dig my FETtec stack. The only thing I don't like is the super stiff cable between the ESC and FC. Ill swap it out at some point. The switch to KISS has been my best move yet. BF 4.1 with RPM filtering is the best BF has ever been but KISS is on another level with control and simplicity. All I want now is a whoop style board for my Toothpick. I hope a US dealer becomes a distributer for KISS and FETtec HW. I like I said I love the stack and the price doesn't bother me but the shipping was very high and that turns a lot of people off.

u dont per se need cable.
Jan 23, 2020, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkvillager
I'm waiting for US vendor as well. Anxious to try it out.
Jan 24, 2020, 11:16 AM
I do want to see this 2.5in kiss quad that was teased a while back
Jan 26, 2020, 10:11 AM
morning fellas.

Anybody know a way to force my Fettec FC into dfu? Button is not working.
It was recognized and reflashed new FW. and seting where set. I ws getting ready to flash fettec esc next so I power cycled the quad from usb powered with lipo. beeps are only two first not fullesc beep... when I plug into gui the computer sees but wont connect...

any suggestions?
Jan 27, 2020, 04:34 AM
does the FC blink rapidity with the blue led?

i just test that my mine Fettec fc.. i plugged it in the USB ... pressed the Reset button once .. and it starts blinking ... same as with the KISS V2 FC's
Jan 28, 2020, 01:41 PM

New Kiss Build But Motors won't Get Powered or Play Startup Tones

So I am building my first kiss quad and everything works fine including the camera, VTX, Receiver, osd, FC, and the ESC supplies power to everything and has solid blue lights on it but none of the motors will spin when armed and none of them beep or make any startup tones when I plug in the battery. also, I can connect to my remote get RSSI and control the ppm/aux outputs seen in the GUI. I have made arming modes in kiss GUI that say armed on my osd, I tried reflashing ESC and FC to the newest. I set to all dshot and ESC modes. I set min command up from 1070 to 1200 and nothing. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Video: https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter...et_powered_or/
Jan 29, 2020, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienfpv
So I am building my first kiss quad and everything works fine including the camera, VTX, Receiver, osd, FC, and the ESC supplies power to everything and has solid blue lights on it but none of the motors will spin when armed and none of them beep or make any startup tones when I plug in the battery. also, I can connect to my remote get RSSI and control the ppm/aux outputs seen in the GUI. I have made arming modes in kiss GUI that say armed on my osd, I tried reflashing ESC and FC to the newest. I set to all dshot and ESC modes. I set min command up from 1070 to 1200 and nothing. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

FC? Firmware?
ESC? Firmware?
ESC protocol?
ESC connection?
Screenshot of the gui?

^^^ post this. Then you might get some help.
Feb 01, 2020, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrienfpv

Make sure you set your Min Command and Min Throttle correctly.
Try setting MinCommand=1000, and MinThrottle=1070, and see what happens when you arm. (remove your props first!)
Feb 02, 2020, 04:27 PM

Drown FC

Hello,

I am trying to revive a V2 FC that had a dive in salty water last summer.
Could I ask what is the inductor on the top of the board and what is the small capacitor next to the regulator at the bottom?
I will probably need to change the regulator at the bottom as well so that would also be good to know.
Thanks in advance!

powertrip
Feb 04, 2020, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip
Hello,

I am trying to revive a V2 FC that had a dive in salty water last summer.
Could I ask what is the inductor on the top of the board and what is the small capacitor next to the regulator at the bottom?
I will probably need to change the regulator at the bottom as well so that would also be good to know.
Thanks in advance!

powertrip
inductor on top CB2518T100K
cap on bottom 0402 0.1”F
Feb 06, 2020, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedorComander
inductor on top CB2518T100K
cap on bottom 0402 0.1”F
Thank you very much Alex!!
I impatiently replaced the inductor with a 100uH that I had around and the FC seems to be working ok.
The two capacitors next to the main inductor are in a very bad shape and are winning high pitch noise.
Do you mind if I ask the values of those as well?
I would guess 10uF and 0.1uF..

I really appreciate your help, the board will be donated to a friend who managed total distraction..

Thanks,
Yiannis
Feb 08, 2020, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip
Thank you very much Alex!!
I impatiently replaced the inductor with a 100uH that I had around and the FC seems to be working ok.
The two capacitors next to the main inductor are in a very bad shape and are winning high pitch noise.
Do you mind if I ask the values of those as well?
I would guess 10uF and 0.1uF..

I really appreciate your help, the board will be donated to a friend who managed total distraction..

Thanks,
Yiannis
u got to be more precise then that mate. Which once?
Feb 10, 2020, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedorComander
u got to be more precise then that mate. Which once?
OOPS..
Sorry, I meant the ones at the input filtering stage as in the picture.
Thanks!

Quick Reply