Sep 10, 2020, 12:38 AM
#fpvlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Richard View Post
sure they are ... you have to look into the "kissfc-frimware" folder .. not in to the FC v2 folder
https://github.com/flyduino/kissfc-firmware/releases
You are right, thank you. I am not sure why I didn't notice them, must be the age settling in.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2020, 09:20 AM
Hi. Today I went into some big problem. After I plugged my battery into quad, ESC sounded not in sync and than quad freaked out, 2 motors started to spin at max speed. Than next few batteries everything was fine and than that error happend again. What could possibly caused that issue? Found video with similar freak out , just mine had strange esc start tone not in sync.
Kiss V2 1.3 34E + Kiss 4in1 25A Crazy Spin Motors Until they Burn! (1 min 42 sec)
Last edited by Karolis90; Sep 14, 2020 at 09:26 AM.
Sep 14, 2020, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolis90 View Post
Hi. Today I went into some big problem. After I plugged my battery into quad, ESC sounded not in sync and than quad freaked out, 2 motors started to spin at max speed. Than next few batteries everything was fine and than that error happend again. What could possibly caused that issue? Found video with similar freak out , just mine had strange esc start tone not in sync. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB7RayTA6J8
Not sure. I had an issue a few years ago were it would occasionally switch all the motor directions by itself - as if it was in turtle mode, but not, since arm still worked, and the when unarmed, pitch and roll wouldn't do anything. It happened once at boot. It gave off an unusual sequence of fast chirps shortly after plugging it in, and then all motors spun in reverse when I armed it. Wearing goggles I couldn't really tell what was going on, but eventually I switched to LOS and figured it out. Without powering off, I switched into and then out of turtle mode, and that seemed to fix it. I flew the rest of the pack without an issue. It happened one other time in a different manner. It was a new quad, and I powered up and did a brief LOS flight to make sure it was all good. After landing I went and put my goggles on, and when I rearmed, all motors were reversed. Switching in and out of turtle mode fixed it again.

If you have two motors that are freaking out, sounds a bit different. Almost like sensor orientation is messed up.
Oct 23, 2020, 07:21 PM
I didn't do it...
Hello all. Just finished my V2 build. What is the latest or best firmware I should upload to the FC?
Oct 24, 2020, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Hello all. Just finished my V2 build. What is the latest or best firmware I should upload to the FC?
You can find the latest from their GITHub repository:

I'm running 1.3 RC45y, and have had no problems.
Oct 24, 2020, 10:40 PM
I didn't do it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones007 View Post
You can find the latest from their GITHub repository:

I'm running 1.3 RC45y, and have had no problems.
Thank you much good sir, headed there now.
Nov 07, 2020, 09:51 AM
Anyone know how to get rssi to show up using a futaba radio? Using the R2000SBM receiver which uses channel 16. Any help or tricks would be great.
Nov 12, 2020, 01:42 AM
I didn't do it...
Sorry... never mind
Last edited by av8ersteve; Nov 16, 2020 at 11:20 PM.
Dec 03, 2020, 01:58 PM
I didn't do it...
What gps module do I need for RTH to work? Is there a setup video somewhere? I didn’t even know this was offered until I seen it in the gui. Sweet!
Dec 08, 2020, 06:48 PM
Any module will work. No setup video that I know of but the settings are pretty self explanitory.
Dec 23, 2020, 07:25 AM

KISS V2 vibration

Hello,

I'm new to KISS and install it on my GEPRC ELEGANT frame.
My problem is a small vibration during flight and my question is how or from where to start from?

I've build several racers with BetaFlight.

Thank you very much
Rotem
Dec 28, 2020, 05:59 AM

Kiss fc v2 tuning

Hi have build a apex with kiss fc v2 and fettech esc and have a tuning question:
When I accelerate (increase throttle fast) the drone front moves up first. I tried increasing P on pitch but no effect, increasing P on all axes with no effect, increasing I, again no effect.
Dose anyone ever encounter this issue?
Dec 29, 2020, 07:31 PM
#fpvlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun View Post
Hi have build a apex with kiss fc v2 and fettech esc and have a tuning question:
When I accelerate (increase throttle fast) the drone front moves up first. I tried increasing P on pitch but no effect, increasing P on all axes with no effect, increasing I, again no effect.
Dose anyone ever encounter this issue?
It sounds like pitch gain issue. Try cranking up the I gain on the pitch axis by 25%-50%. It will initially be too high, and you may experience slight wobbles on the pitch axis in forward flight, and the movements on that axis will feel robotic. Then decrease gradually until the wobbles go away and the nose stays steady at full throttle.

Your TPA may also be out of whack. Make sure you use the default TPA curve and lower the TPA settings to 0.2/0.2/0.2 or something along that line. Good luck!
Dec 29, 2020, 07:35 PM
#fpvlife
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotems View Post
Hello,

I'm new to KISS and install it on my GEPRC ELEGANT frame.
My problem is a small vibration during flight and my question is how or from where to start from?

I've build several racers with BetaFlight.

Thank you very much
Rotem
Not enough info to accurately diagnose anything ...
- What do you mean by "vibration during flight"?
- What FC are you using (v1, v2, fettec)?
- Firmware?
- ESCs?
- What have you tried already, presumably unsuccessfully?
- etc.
Jan 15, 2021, 10:51 AM

Kiss to SharkByte

I have been trying to mate a SharkByte VTX to the flight controller without success. I see that DJI-MSP is available which I was hoping that would make the link, it doesn't. When will MSP or SharkByte-MSP be available in a future firmware?

Quick Reply