SQ12 Quelima Mini 1080P Camera **Owners Thread** - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 26, 2018, 07:43 PM
Registered User
TinkleWid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody WIlson
I took mine out for a test today- there is some blurring around the edges, and the focus is not perfect but it's not bad for a $20 cam. Unfortunately I tagged a ghost branch, and crashed on top of the camera, and a rock smashed the power button INTO the case. Took the case apart- switch is broken apart. Just ordered another. Now I have a spare battery and lens anyway.... 2 week wait....
I forgot to say how sorry I was to hear about your broken camera . I was gutted for 24 hours until I found mine again so I know how you feel. In the meantime I did order another from China so I shall have a spare in a month or so.

Here is some of my720p footage which isn't perfect but there doesn't seem to be any blurring around the edges or focus issues. Did you film in 1080 as this may have been the issue?

ViFly R130: First test with Quelima SQ12 HD Camera (0 min 54 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2018, 12:59 PM
plane obsessed
Cody WIlson's Avatar
Yes- i did find the two weights. I will be removing them, and the "night vision" light board when my replacement gets here. I might even remove the plastic buttons on top of the case to protect the micro switches inside from being crushed again.

I think it's funny they took the time to add weight to such a tiny camera to counterbalance the battery? Either way, that's 1/8oz I will not be carrying around on future missions!
Jan 27, 2018, 07:02 PM
Registered User
TinkleWid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody WIlson
Yes- i did find the two weights. I will be removing them, and the "night vision" light board when my replacement gets here. I might even remove the plastic buttons on top of the case to protect the micro switches inside from being crushed again.

I think it's funny they took the time to add weight to such a tiny camera to counterbalance the battery? Either way, that's 1/8oz I will not be carrying around on future missions!
That made me laugh. Good luck with your future missions....in a couple of weeks :-)
Feb 10, 2018, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Bama3Dr's Avatar
I had a chance to test out the SQ12 yesterday and put together this flight edit. Overall I think it's really impressive given the sub $20 price point and its size and weight. It does seem very prone to some jello when flying in bright sunlight. I think if you're flying at sunrise, dusk, or on an overcast day it wouldn't be too much of a problem though. The picture quality is really good in my opinion with good colors and detail:

Quelima SQ12 - Sub $20 HD Action Camera (3 min 30 sec)


-Dustin
Feb 10, 2018, 06:07 PM
Registered User
Bama3Dr's Avatar

ProDRENALIN


Same video, but I used a program called ProDRENALIN to help remove the fisheye, do rolling shutter compensation, bump up the color saturation a little, and give it a light de-noising. I think it looks a little better and smoother:

Quelima SQ12 - w/ProDRENALIN Video Treatments (3 min 29 sec)


- Dustin
Feb 15, 2018, 10:59 AM
Registered User
IKKI's Avatar
This is my first flight whit sq12...
Quelima sq12 first test (1 min 26 sec)
Feb 15, 2018, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Bama3Dr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKKI
This is my first flight whit sq12...
Video looks good! I had a lot of jello in the video of mine, but realized afterwards that most of the flight was with a cracked arm on the frame, so I'm hoping that was the cause of the jello. The only thing holding the arm together was the wrap of electrical tape. Looking forward to doing some more testing with it once I get the frame fixed.

-Dustin
Feb 15, 2018, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Quelima SQ12 Lens and Weight Mod for 2inch Quads (3 min 54 sec)


Wide lens and decasing. you could go further and run 5v to the battery leads and ditch the battery, the time will be messed up though.



https://www.facebook.com/groups/roto...ch/?query=sq12 you can find more info there.
Feb 16, 2018, 04:41 PM
plane obsessed
Cody WIlson's Avatar
I tried my new one out today- did about 12 flights. I've got some issues-recording in 1080

#1- audio and video are way out of sync. So bad I don't even know if it's the right audio for the selected video-
#2- everything is sped up almost 2X as evidenced by date and time stamp.
#3- I turned off the time and date stamp, but it's still on there!
#4- The video "splits" at 3:30, not 5:00 like it's supposed to- the sound on the second half is usually in sync with the video-

Is there a firmware update?

I have no idea where else to start- I was all excited to have this new cam to replace the one I smashed- now I don't even know what to do with it- dispute it via Paypal? Send it back? It took 3 weeks to get there in the first place- returning it and waiting for another one doesn't seem like the smart thing to do-
Feb 16, 2018, 05:29 PM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody WIlson
I tried my new one out today- did about 12 flights. I've got some issues-recording in 1080

#1- audio and video are way out of sync. So bad I don't even know if it's the right audio for the selected video-
#2- everything is sped up almost 2X as evidenced by date and time stamp.
#3- I turned off the time and date stamp, but it's still on there!
#4- The video "splits" at 3:30, not 5:00 like it's supposed to- the sound on the second half is usually in sync with the video-

Is there a firmware update?

I have no idea where else to start- I was all excited to have this new cam to replace the one I smashed- now I don't even know what to do with it- dispute it via Paypal? Send it back? It took 3 weeks to get there in the first place- returning it and waiting for another one doesn't seem like the smart thing to do-
Regarding #3: are you sure you changed the 'Y' into a 'N' in the text-file and saved that again to the card?

Contact your seller and complain about it I'd say; give them a chance to do you right. If they refuse, dispute via Paypal.
Feb 16, 2018, 08:00 PM
Registered User
TinkleWid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody WIlson
I tried my new one out today- did about 12 flights. I've got some issues-recording in 1080

#1- audio and video are way out of sync. So bad I don't even know if it's the right audio for the selected video-
#2- everything is sped up almost 2X as evidenced by date and time stamp.
#3- I turned off the time and date stamp, but it's still on there!
#4- The video "splits" at 3:30, not 5:00 like it's supposed to- the sound on the second half is usually in sync with the video-

Is there a firmware update?

I have no idea where else to start- I was all excited to have this new cam to replace the one I smashed- now I don't even know what to do with it- dispute it via Paypal? Send it back? It took 3 weeks to get there in the first place- returning it and waiting for another one doesn't seem like the smart thing to do-
Sorry to hear about your news. Sounds like you got a faulty version or if you haven't tried, see if another memory card will correct any of those problems. The timestamp should be updated unless the card is reformatted rather than you just deleting the old video. It may also be worth trying 720 as the 1080 is just an up-scaled version which may mean more stress on the processor and/or sd card. I just got a second sq12 today which seems fine so far and I have taken it apart and changed to a wider lens. Will test when I get some sun.
Feb 17, 2018, 05:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A30WUwksemE

Wide lens and decasing. you could go further and run 5v to the battery leads and ditch the battery, the time will be messed up though.



https://www.facebook.com/groups/roto...ch/?query=sq12 you can find more info there.
Thanks for Sharing my Video For those who try this, the Focus is not at best when you screw it fully in. Always Check the Focus by plugging it in your computer. Windows should recognice it as a Webcam. Not Sure about OSX tho
Feb 20, 2018, 02:25 AM
Registered User
Firebird_PL's Avatar
Latest promo from Gearbest.
SQ12 for $9.99 with coupon SQ1255.
Feb 21, 2018, 02:46 PM
plane obsessed
Cody WIlson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Regarding #3: are you sure you changed the 'Y' into a 'N' in the text-file and saved that again to the card?

Contact your seller and complain about it I'd say; give them a chance to do you right. If they refuse, dispute via Paypal.
I did communicate with the seller through Ebay- they said drop the return request and they would send a new cam. So, I dropped it in good faith, but have not received any shipping or other confirmation from them. I sent them another email a week later stating that if I dont get shipping confirmation by the end of next week I will re-open the ticket and open a PP dispute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkleWid
Sorry to hear about your news. Sounds like you got a faulty version or if you haven't tried, see if another memory card will correct any of those problems. The timestamp should be updated unless the card is reformatted rather than you just deleting the old video. It may also be worth trying 720 as the 1080 is just an up-scaled version which may mean more stress on the processor and/or sd card. I just got a second sq12 today which seems fine so far and I have taken it apart and changed to a wider lens. Will test when I get some sun.
I've tried a few cards- it just records fast, and takes forever to open the files- sound is out of sync... and

Yes, I did follow the instructions on the time/date stamp. I updated the time and date, and then entered N to the end and saved- it at least shows the correct time and date, but cannot seem to get it to just go away.

I went ahead and used the coupon code and orderd another one. That's three total I have on order now! I was just so dissapointed I killed my first one 2 minutes into my flight, and now this 2nd one is malfunctioning I might have gone a little nuts trying to get replacements....

I have gone back and done some of myown testing- it really does seem that this cam is 720P with delusions of being true 1080. I've blown up the 720 recordings to match the 1080 recordings on my 4K moniter, and they are almost identicle. The cheap chinese 4K cams I've ordered seem to be true 1080 with a stretched frame. I guess what can you really expect for a $20 1080 or $50 4K camera from China? It doesn't realy bother me- it's good enough for You Tube!
Feb 21, 2018, 04:24 PM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody WIlson
I did communicate with the seller through Ebay- they said drop the return request and they would send a new cam. So, I dropped it in good faith, but have not received any shipping or other confirmation from them. I sent them another email a week later stating that if I dont get shipping confirmation by the end of next week I will re-open the ticket and open a PP dispute.

I have gone back and done some of myown testing- it really does seem that this cam is 720P with delusions of being true 1080. I've blown up the 720 recordings to match the 1080 recordings on my 4K moniter, and they are almost identicle. The cheap chinese 4K cams I've ordered seem to be true 1080 with a stretched frame. I guess what can you really expect for a $20 1080 or $50 4K camera from China? It doesn't realy bother me- it's good enough for You Tube!
If it was a chinese seller: remember they just had their New Year over there and everything kinda grinds to a hold.

As observed earlier: 1080p simply lacks the detail you can expect from a genuine 1080p camera, exactly like the SQ11 befor it. Still, it's a pretty nice camera considering the size and price imo.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product XK A1200 1080p RTF FPV Plane - full review / owners' thread (w/ autopilot) Arxangel FPV Aircraft 389 May 22, 2018 01:59 AM
Discussion Quelima A3S Mini DV Camera HD 1080P Car DVR scousethief Banggood.com 0 Jul 30, 2017 07:21 AM
Discussion ELE Explorer Action Camera 4K, 2.7K, 1080p for < $65: ** Review + Owner's Thread** quadcopnewb Aerial Photography 42 Apr 18, 2017 09:08 AM
Discussion ELE Explorer Pro Review & Owner Thread: New Gyro, 4k/2.7k/1080p, Action Camera <$95 quadcopnewb Aerial Photography 9 Mar 06, 2017 04:52 AM