Nov 13, 2017, 09:32 PM
Discussion

Nano Rx Availability

When will the Nano Rx be available Mr. Drew>?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2017, 10:12 AM
The Nano 3 Rx has been discontinued. It is being replaced with the Nano 4, which should be available sometime in December. The Nano 4 will offer a faster/larger CPU for supporting other protocols (SBUS, XBUS,UDI, etc.)
Last edited by JimDrew; Nov 14, 2017 at 09:17 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 05:11 PM
Will size and weight be same?
Nov 14, 2017, 09:18 PM
Yes, same size and weight. Just like the Nano 1 , 2, & 3, you won't notice anything special about it.
Dec 11, 2017, 02:11 PM
only easy day was yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles1111
When will the Nano Rx be available Mr. Drew>?
Just a bump?

Regards,
Mark
Dec 11, 2017, 07:22 PM
Not until next year. I changed the supplier due to issues with the one we have used for years, so I have been bringing our new supplier up to speed with the various requirements, parts procurement, etc.
Feb 10, 2018, 05:20 PM
talking of nanos Jim, the black stick-on protector around the receiver seems to suffer a bit when you use stick-on Velcro. (bit hard to install a nano with anything else) . The thing is that if for some reason you want to remove the Velcro you invariably play havoc with the original rx protector. once it is pulled-off, it wont stick anymore or at least not as well.
would it be possible to supply these black stick-on label/protectors as spare parts?
another question, is there some shielding material in that label?
Feb 11, 2018, 09:35 AM
Build more, websurf less
Here's a trick: Place a small band of heat shrink tubing around the body of the Nano Rx. Then you can stick and unstick velcro to and from the band as needed.
Feb 11, 2018, 11:49 AM
Doing the band like this is fine. You cannot have anything covering the very end of the receiver (where the antennas are mounted) other than our label. That portion of the board is sensitive to capacitive loads. For example, placing a piece of Velcro from the back of the receiver and wrapping it over the top of the receiver will result in reduced range. Depending on the material type, it could be a significant reduction in range. This is one of many reasons why we don't have a case for these. Of course if you only got half the range of normal you might only see 2.5 miles of range, but a simple range test will tell you.
Feb 11, 2018, 12:39 PM
Checking availability of Nano 4 I need several units.
Feb 11, 2018, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Here's a trick: Place a small band of heat shrink tubing around the body of the Nano Rx. Then you can stick and unstick velcro to and from the band as needed.
duuh! after 60 years of R/C you can understand that I am only coming to grips with the finer points of the sport.
(first radio an E.D. Boomerang)
Feb 11, 2018, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdragracer
Checking availability of Nano 4 I need several units.
I need about 3,000 myself. We are still waiting on the delivery of the RF chip that was suppose to be at our manufacturer in November (which was delayed from August).
Feb 12, 2018, 09:42 PM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret
duuh! after 60 years of R/C you can understand that I am only coming to grips with the finer points of the sport.
(first radio an E.D. Boomerang)
It would be cool to fly a plane now with that vintage radio. As a kid I'd ride my bike to a flying field (which back in the 1960s was actually local). We flew U-Control there but sometimes RC guys came and we watched them. There was guy with the nickname "Crazy Pedro" who was flying a large Sterling PT-17 full-house on reeds. I was amazed. Some time later I saw him flying the same plane with only the bottom wing. It went even faster then and I worked out why he was called Crazy Pedro. Soon after my brother and I built one of the first Heathkit proportional sets and we were off and running.
Feb 28, 2018, 11:22 PM
only easy day was yesterday
Rebump.

Regards,
Mark
Mar 01, 2018, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
It would be cool to fly a plane now with that vintage radio. As a kid I'd ride my bike to a flying field (which back in the 1960s was actually local). .
I actually flew this the year before I started flying R/C. (Belgian Congo, Kamina base, Katanga)
I am the scrawny one on the right, 17 years old, youngest Belgian military pilot in 1957.

Quick Reply