Flights of my Sky Viper V2450FPV Drone - RC Groups
Nov 12, 2017, 07:55 PM
Video

Flights of my Sky Viper V2450FPV Drone

This thread will be of aerial videos of flights of my Sky Viper V2450FPV Drone and any replies.

Flights of my Sky Viper V2450FPV drone 11-2017 (13 min 5 sec)

Montage of several flights (incl. maiden flight) of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone from 11-08-17 to 11-10-17.

That music that you hear is from the demo, "Second Reality" aka., "Unreal II" by the Finnish pee-cee computer demo group Future Crew.
This product is not audio- (sound-)sensitive in any manner; the music may safely be ignored or even muted if it pisses you off.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2017, 08:48 AM
Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-11-17 (1) (4 min 37 sec)

Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-11-17 (1)

Flight took place over the 1020-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 8:32am PST on 11-11-17 (or, "2017 11 Nov." or even, "November 11, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy with light fog (visibility approx. 500 feet {~152.4 meters}; IFR for real pilots; VFR for low-altitude R/C pilots, temperature was 43F (6.1C), and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

This drone ***DOES NOT*** make an excellent camera platform primarily because it is so nimble & responsive and does not have a gimbal -- the camera is hard-mounted into the drone's fuselage.

The rapid rotation that you see shortly after takeoff is not a malfunction; I did that intentionally to see how the drone does cyclones. As you can see, it isn't bad at all! :-)

For an as-of-yet unknown reason, the camera has an obvious tilt -- the aircraft itself appears to fly correctly. :-/
Nov 13, 2017, 09:18 AM
Drone Pilot (Trainee)
I wondered if that was fog or smoke...given the number of fires people have suffered through recently. Glad to hear it was just a very moody and, dare I say it?, atmospheric shot you were able to record. You'll smooth out as you gain experience with that drone.

Watch out for those reports of calm winds at the surface. It's the ones you run into just at the treetops that have burned me.
Nov 14, 2017, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlehman56
Watch out for those reports of calm winds at the surface. It's the ones you run into just at the treetops that have burned me.
I'm already aware that winds at the surface can easily be significantly slower than winds aloft -- however on occasion I've flown when wind speeds at altitude were a lot SLOWER than they were at the surface.
Nov 14, 2017, 07:18 AM
Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FPV drone 11-12-17 (1) (4 min 40 sec)

Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-12-17 (1)

Flight took place over the 1020-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 8:55am PST on 11-12-17 (or, "2017 12 Nov." or even, "November 12, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature was 51F (10.6C), and winds reported as being from the E gusting to 4mph at the surface.

This drone ***DOES NOT*** make an excellent camera platform primarily because it is so nimble & responsive and does not have a gimbal -- the camera is hard-mounted into the drone's fuselage.

The rapid rotation to port (left) and starboard (right) that you see shortly after takeoff is not a malfunction; I did that intentionlly to watch the drone do cyclones.
Nov 16, 2017, 07:53 AM
Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-15-17 (1) (4 min 38 sec)

Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-15-17 (1)

Flight took place over a vacant lot near the intersection of Olympic Hwy. S. & Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 8:29am PST on 11-15-17 (or, "2017 15 Nov." or even, "November 15, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature was 50F (10C), and winds reported as being from the ESE gusting to 3mph at the surface.
Nov 17, 2017, 07:04 AM
Brief* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FPV drone 11-16-17 (3 min 14 sec)

Brief* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-16-17 (1)

Flight took place over a vacant lot near the intersection of Olympic Hwy. N. & Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 3:11pm PST on 11-16-17 (or, "2017 16 Nov." or even, "November 16, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature was 45F (7.2C), and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

I look kinda pissed in this video even though I'm really not; a serious brain operation that I had in late-2002 robbed me of my ability to smile.
I really ***DO*** love the living tweedle out of flying my drones!!!
The same operation also left me with a "googly eye" which is why I look a bit queer (pun not intended).

* Brief because I accidently neutralised the remote due to the location & type of "POWER" button, causing the drone to land in the southbound lane of Olympic Hwy. I got it refired and attempted to take off, but while it was lifting off, a car doing about 40mph (~64.4kph) slammed into it. Amazingly enough, when the driver returned it to me, the only visible damage was a small plastic window covering the LED on the front port (left) pylon was missing. I made a brief test flight, and everything seems to be in order!
Nov 18, 2017, 07:46 AM
EXTREMELY BRIEF* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-17-17 (1) (0 min 47 sec)

EXTREMELY BRIEF* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-17-17 (1)

Flight took place over the parking lot of the Four Square Church located near the intersection of Dearborn Ave. and Ridge Rd. in Shelton WA. USA at 7:34am PST on 11-17-17 (or, "2017 17 Nov." or even, "November 17, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature was 35F (1.7C), and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

* EXTREMELY BRIEF because for an as-of-yet unknown reason, the two joysticks on the radio mysteriously switched functions. Pitch & roll are now on the left stick, and throttle & yaw are now on the right stick. I've never flown a quad in this mode before, and I do not know how to change them back. The 'Restore Factory Settings' procedure outlined in the instructional materials did not do the job, nor did power-cycling the radio. My only logical solution now is to learn how to fly Mode 1 (as R/C hobbyists know it).

(EDIT a short time later): I figured it out. I figured out how to change the radio back to Mode 2. I figured out Blue Clues!!!
Nov 18, 2017, 07:47 AM
Brief flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-17-17 (2) (2 min 17 sec)

Brief flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-17-17 (2)

Flight took place over the parking lot of the Four Square Church located near the intersection of Dearborn Ave. and Ridge Rd. in Shelton WA. USA at 3:44pm PST on 11-17-17 (or, "2017 17 Nov." or even, "November 17, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature was 49F (9.4C), and winds reported as being from the SW gusting to 2mph at the surface.
Nov 19, 2017, 10:34 AM
Flights* of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-18-17 (1) (5 min 16 sec)

Flights* of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-18-17 (1)

Flights took place over an empty lot near the intersection of Dearborn Ave. and Holman Rd. in Shelton WA. USA at 3:14pm PST on 11-18-17 (or, "2017 18 Nov." or even, "November 18, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy, temperature was 49F (9.4C), and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

* Flights because once again I accidentally neutralised the remote due to the location & type of "POWER" button, causing the drone to land. This time though, it landed in short grass so I was able to lift off & resume flying without having a car slam into the poor helpless defenseless little thing.
Nov 21, 2017, 07:43 AM
Extremely brief night* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-20-17 (1) (1 min 36 sec)

Extremely brief night* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-20-17 (1)

Flight took place over the 1030-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 6:34pm PST on 11-20-17 (or, "2017 20 Nov." or even, "November 20, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were mostly clear, temperature was 38F (3.3C), and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

* Night because I wanted to snag some aerial video of some Christmas lights just down the street.
Nov 21, 2017, 05:48 PM

The V2450FPV Sky Viper Drone (Comments about your posts plus my own experiences)

Hi,

I watched about 7 minutes of your first posted video so far and want to say that it looks like you didn't install the blade protectors, blade guards, or whatever you'd like to call them.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I bought mine a couple of days ago, flew a few times three days in a row, and I haven't had too much luck getting the video to work properly.

I took the first few flights, to try and hover, so I could adjust the trim for it, Left, Right, Front, Back, and the spin or whatever, etc.

Well, I'd like to say that, with the provided battery, I can only get about 40 to 45 seconds of air time, or flight, and the "beeps" start already, and it then shows about 50% charge, so assuming you could fly until the battery is 0% charge, that would get me about 1 1/2 minutes of flight time.

Next, I'd like to say that, when the drone gets about 20 to 25 feet from me, I lose the signal from the drone, and that's only about 7 seconds of flight or so, and I lose the drone's signal, so I haven't even been able to get any video, because when I lose the drone's signal, and even when getting the signal back, I have lost the video that I tried to take, so I have had no luck at all in taking video with this drone.

Also, you mentioned the camera angle, and yes, I don't think that you can change the camera angle Left or Right, but you can take the camera and move the angle up or down, that you can do.

Also, the APP works fine on my RCA Android Tablet, but sometimes closes when trying to use it on my LG Android phone.

Anyway, I haven't been able to take even one video with mine yet, oh, I did get one short, 17 second long video, but all it showed was when I had placed it on the ground, and then the take off, and a slight turn, and that's it, as I keep losing the signal from the drone.

I'm thinking about maybe using a camcorder, or my Android Tablet, or something, to take videos of the drone when it's flying, instead of trying to use the drone's camera, because I have had bad results with mine so far.

Also, trying to get my smart phone into the goggles, takes some effort, as I need to hold it while in the holder, and then when sliding it back into the goggles, I need to press hard enough to get the smart phone into the goggles, otherwise the smart phone just bumps up against the goggles, so it is a very tight fit, and I need to wedge it, or kind of force it, into the goggles.

Oh yes, I didn't read anything in the instructions of where to place the smart phone holder, but I figured it out, so I did install it on the drone's controller.

Anyway, I get a very short flight, plus I keep losing the signal from the drone, so to me, the video is worthless, and I need to get a little longer flight time than only 45 seconds, and it's beeping at me already, to let me know to land soon.

I'm glad that you are happy with your Sky Viper, but I am not real happy with the results that I get from mine, not so far anyway.

I have used the record button in the APP, so far anyway, maybe I should press the Video button on the drone's controller instead, with a SD card installed in the drone, recording directly to the SD card, instead of attempting to record to my smart phone in the APP?

I'm thinking of getting a larger capacity battery, or a second battery, and tie the two together, in parallel, to get a little more flight time, but not too sure on the added weight factor.

Oh yes, about night flights, I would be too afraid of hitting trees, or power lines, buildings, or whatever, so unless there's a way to get night view goggles or something, I kind of shy away from night flights, unless there's enough night lights around, like yard lights, street lights, etc, then maybe I'd take a short night flight.

Have a great day,
Bernie
Last edited by Bernielj77; Nov 21, 2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added comments
Nov 23, 2017, 10:51 AM
Flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-22-17 (1) (5 min 10 sec)

Final* flight of my Sky Viper V2450FVP Camera Drone 11-22-17 (1)

Flight took place over the 1020-block of Ellinor Ave. in Shelton WA. USA at 3:51pm PST on 11-22-17 (or, "2017 22 Nov." or even, "November 22, Twenty Stick-Busted-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were cloudy with intermittent light sprinkles in the vicinity; increasing to moderate rain approx. 30 seconds after liftoff, temperature was 61F (16.1C), and winds reported as being clam at the surface.

I look kinda pissed in this video even though I'm really not; a serious brain operation that I had in late-2002 robbed me of my ability to smile.
I really ***DO*** love the living tweedle out of flying my drones!!!
The same operation also left me with a "googly eye" which is why I look a bit queer (pun not intended).

* Final because on a flight on 11-24-17 it mysteriously stopped communicating with its radio and flew into the woods directly behind me, becoming lost. It failed to bind with its radio on a number of occasions while I was looking for it, so I eventually said f**k it and went home.

The green blades fluoresce (glow) a bit when irradiated with a violet-emitting laser, so I'm going to search for it at dawn tomorrow (weather permitting of course) and look for it that way.
Last edited by The_LED_Museum; Nov 25, 2017 at 09:06 AM. Reason: This is to be the final flight of this drone -- unless I find it soon of course. :-(