May 21, 2018, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo
$147 USD order. Have been billed $70 by FedEx for HobbyKing's 'Free Shipping'.

Not happy.
Shipping was free. Import taxes on behalf of your government and clearance fees for FedEx to carry out collection of said taxes are not.

Nothing new. Happens all the time.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2018, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
So to deal with brokerage fees you need to change some stuff when you order.

If you have platinum membership you can change the customs declaration when you order. So this way if the declared amount is under 20 cad, you wont get charged by fedex later. The free shipping is a pretty good deal as long as you change the customs declaration amount.
Jun 27, 2018, 09:32 AM
I called FedEx to setup the account to avoid the fees and they inform me that the Clearance Entry Fee (Brokerage Fee) is unavoidable when it is shipped by ground.
Jul 26, 2018, 07:58 PM
So is the issue just the us wearhouse than? Iv ordered something before from there and my $20 hsp truck happened to have $80 in brokerage fees added by fedex :O I was intrested in some items from the international wearhouse but i dont want to repeat that experience again lol
Aug 12, 2018, 12:00 PM
Dear Hobbyking

Why don't you setup shipping using USPS? I think you're losing a lot of customers.
Nov 16, 2018, 04:26 PM

Package Forwarding

Has anyone tried a package forwarding company?

I tried ordering some bags from HK USA the other day and the shipping to Canada was insane, $49 for a $39 order, and that doesn't guarantee that I won't be charged extra by FedEx for brokering taxes and, this floors me, lending me the money to pay the taxes. The international warehouse is usually good for reasonable shipping, but they don't stock the bags.

I'm now looking at companies like Shipito but have no experience with them.
Nov 24, 2018, 07:32 PM
Just spent 2 hours adding stuff to a shopping cart.
Only $130 worth. Weight is approx 17kgs, mostly 3D filament. Items from both USA and International warehouse

Go to checkout.... shipping UNAVAILABLE from either warehouse...

Really. Am I doing something wrong. I live on an island. Itís a pretty big island though (Vancouver Island). Changed to previous address that has worked before and same result??

Ideas?
Nov 25, 2018, 01:36 AM
Disregard that previous post, apparently I had a little bottle of CA glue accelerator which was prohibited. Quick easy fix from live chat... and gonna have to buy that locally
Dec 06, 2018, 08:51 PM

Order from China or Ship to Pembina ND next time.

Add me to the rant about the US Warehouse. Yea, $50.41 for a motor with "Free Shipping". Just received an envelope from Fedex today.

Customs Duty: $0.16
Canada GST: $3.36
Advance Fee: $10.00
GST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees: $1.47
Clearance Entry Fee: $19.30

Total CAD $34.29

Next time I either ship to the US border or ship from China. Then again it does cost me to drive the 1-1/2 hour return from Pembina.

Jim
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Dec 10, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
Add me to the rant about the US Warehouse. Yea, $50.41 for a motor with "Free Shipping". Just received an envelope from Fedex today.

Customs Duty: $0.16
Canada GST: $3.36
Advance Fee: $10.00
GST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees: $1.47
Clearance Entry Fee: $19.30

Total CAD $34.29

Next time I either ship to the US border or ship from China. Then again it does cost me to drive the 1-1/2 hour return from Pembina.

Jim
We can only point out again that this has nothing to do with us and we can do nothing about it.
Dec 10, 2018, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
We can only point out again that this has nothing to do with us and we can do nothing about it.
The thing is that you've completely given over international shipping to a company that abuses your customers. You could easily ship with USPS and have us handle our own customs and tax issues.

The "Advance Fee" is a FedEx charge for loaning the money to pay the taxes, and is outrageous. It's a loan fee, and is well above lending interest rates.

The "Clearance Entry Fee" is also a FedEx charge, not a Canadian Customs charge. It is based on the value of the goods being delivered using a FedEx chart.

You can do something about it, you can stop using FedEx, or at least give us the option to ship via USPS.
Dec 10, 2018, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityEvent
You can do something about it, you can stop using FedEx, or at least give us the option to ship via USPS.
We're always looking to improve shipping so we'll forward this concern to the relevant parties.
Dec 18, 2018, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
We're always looking to improve shipping so we'll forward this concern to the relevant parties.
That's USPS, not UPS.
Jan 13, 2019, 06:49 PM
Just saw this reply. I have received several items over the years using USPS. No issues. Only do not make it priority international shipping from USPS . This is not required either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityEvent
The thing is that you've completely given over international shipping to a company that abuses your customers. You could easily ship with USPS and have us handle our own customs and tax issues.

The "Advance Fee" is a FedEx charge for loaning the money to pay the taxes, and is outrageous. It's a loan fee, and is well above lending interest rates.

The "Clearance Entry Fee" is also a FedEx charge, not a Canadian Customs charge. It is based on the value of the goods being delivered using a FedEx chart.

Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Jan 15, 2019, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
Just saw this reply. I have received several items over the years using USPS. No issues. Only do not make it priority international shipping from USPS . This is not required either.
Hobbyking hates Canada! That is the only logical reason why they don't bother using USPS.

Hobbyking pretends to have never have heard of any US-Canada shipping issues as if they were a 14 year old trying to sell something on Ebay for the 1st time.

Canada is just not worth the effort to Hobbyking.
Last edited by rcfisherman; Jan 15, 2019 at 05:56 PM.

Quick Reply