Nov 12, 2017, 05:32 PM
Thread OP
Rant

Hobbyking Shipping To Canada

So living in Canada you always have to deal with things being more expensive which is understandable. Paying more for shipping and not having as many shipping options is part of that.Living in Canada means you have two HK warehouses to choose from, its the USA warehouse or International.

First lets address the USA warehouse. The USA warehouse has lots of HK products but not all (sometimes annoying) so you can't just order everything at once in one box. But you can get lipos from USA which con't get for right now from the international. Your only shipping option is fedex ground coming in at $27.35 for only 500grams. Pretty expensive for around a week wait time.

Now on to the international warehouse. It features pretty much all HK products. But you con't for the moment get lipo batteries from the international. In the past you used to be able to use something like fedex priority international for around $30.00. But now there is no shipping option available at all to Canada with lipos in order. You can still get everything else but lipos.

This has been really frustrating because the USA warehouse doesn't have everything but the international does. But you also can't get lipos from international but only USA. Some people might say just get the batteries from one and the stuff you can't get from the other. The only problem is you paying upwards of 60 for shipping which is not really that economical.

So I just want to know if anyone else is having the same issue or not. Also if hobbyking can get there stuff together and make shipping options available again to Canadians who want lipos from international warehouse.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2017, 08:37 PM
We're working on improving the shipping options but keep in mind the restrictions are not our policy, it's either your nation or the shipping companies. We'd be happy to ship anything anywhere (as long as it's safe) but we're at the mercy of your nation's import policies and/or the shipping companies.

HK CS/PS NY
Dec 02, 2017, 09:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
We're working on improving the shipping options but keep in mind the restrictions are not our policy, it's either your nation or the shipping companies. We'd be happy to ship anything anywhere (as long as it's safe) but we're at the mercy of your nation's import policies and/or the shipping companies.

HK CS/PS NY
Thanks there is new shipping options available. Thanks for listening.
Dec 11, 2017, 12:09 AM

$3?

last time i was trying to buy something it was available only at the u s and shipping was only via fedex (it was NOT a lipo) and it was outrageous, so i did not buy.
now, the 64,000 millions question:
why if i buy from radical, they charge me only us$3 for shipping to canada?
i dont expect you guys to answer this question, only showing that if radical can do, why not hk?
i know Rob, that you have been doing as much as you can, and i want to thank you, but i hope you will be able to fix this, because it can be done, as i show with the example.
https://www.facebook.com/Radical-RC-111516185544662/
Last edited by phil alvirez; Dec 11, 2017 at 12:15 AM.
Dec 11, 2017, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez
last time i was trying to buy something it was available only at the u s and shipping was only via fedex (it was NOT a lipo) and it was outrageous, so i did not buy.
now, the 64,000 millions question:
why if i buy from radical, they charge me only us$3 for shipping to canada?
i dont expect you guys to answer this question, only showing that if radical can do, why not hk?
i know Rob, that you have been doing as much as you can, and i want to thank you, but i hope you will be able to fix this, because it can be done, as i show with the example.
https://www.facebook.com/Radical-RC-111516185544662/
I'll look into it.

HK US
Dec 11, 2017, 05:26 PM

radical can do it

an update: now they told me that there was another charge, as it is international: $7. not so good but still not so bad
still is $3 for you lucky guys in the u s.
so if radical can do it, why cant hk do the same?
Last edited by phil alvirez; Dec 11, 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Mar 01, 2018, 11:44 AM

Hobbyking has gone stark raving mad with shipping costs

See for yourself:

Just wanted to order a small 1/10 body shell, a few servo wires, an order totaling US $ 19.29

I was offered two choices:

Use FEDEX and pay US$ 63.82 or UPS at US$118.76, see for yourself.

Have you guys gone mad?

I have spent thousands over the years at Hobbyking. Not joking.

We used to have choices on check out, some were decent. Now we are being imposed FEDEX or UPS with rates that make me think I must be getting a free chunk of gold... This is insane.

You have just lost a customer.
Mar 01, 2018, 02:22 PM
The Thermometer... has a battery in it so the crazies see it as DAC...
Apr 24, 2018, 06:54 PM
Free shipping to Canada? Not the case. I had ordered $90US worth of components from the HK US warehouse (I have countless orders from the international store) and was hit with a $58 CDN fee today. Advancement of $10 (which was supposed to have been waived as I have an account), $25.50 for "Clearance Entry Fee" and then the taxes. I was expecting the taxes - that is normal - but not the clearance and advancement fees and the taxes on those....

In the end, it took close to 2 weeks for FedEx Ground to ship from the US west coast to the Canadian east coast. I can normally receive from the HK international store in 3 days.

Won't be ordering from the HK US site again....
Apr 25, 2018, 05:04 AM

Free shipping

Back in March I placed an order for some parts $57.00 US, during the free shipping promo, the parts where left on my doorstep 10 days later, no signing ,nothing. Today 3 weeks after the parts where left on my doorstep,I got a bill from Fedex for $45.00 , if fedex had asked for payment at time of delivery, I would have refused the order. NOT FREE SHIPPING. I did not ask for fedex shipping,HK could have used USPS.
Thanks, Wayne
Apr 28, 2018, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwt50
Back in March I placed an order for some parts $57.00 US, during the free shipping promo, the parts where left on my doorstep 10 days later, no signing ,nothing. Today 3 weeks after the parts where left on my doorstep,I got a bill from Fedex for $45.00 , if fedex had asked for payment at time of delivery, I would have refused the order. NOT FREE SHIPPING. I did not ask for fedex shipping,HK could have used USPS.
Thanks, Wayne

I just got a completely free order from hobbyking, got a 1100mm spitfire and batteries, parts and other stuff delivered to my door free shipping. No broker fee. In Canada . All legal and legit.

I wrote up how I did it in the durafly mk24 spitfire ver2 thread in the electric warbirds section....page between page 4 and 6

I expect a Christmas card, youre welcome
May 01, 2018, 01:11 PM
Heli's | Quads | Planes

Over $80 in Brokerage fees for two orders from US.

I was happy to order from the US with free shipping....not!!! Don't order from the US warehouse. I just got hit by fedex with huge brokarage fees. Each order was just over $50 USD and got a bill for over $80 CAD . You are better off to order directly from China. I have placed over 30 orders from China or other vendors without issue. The GST and custom fees was peanuts compared to $10 advance fee (WTFred is that) and $20+ clearance fees charged for each order. I won't be ordering from the US warehouse anymore.

Ok update: I called fedex and they reversed the Advanced Fee and Clearance Charges on both packages. They said to avoid future charges i is to setupa Fedex account linked to a visa card and advise them when you are receiving a shipment. If you do get an invoice just call fedex and they will charge it to your account minus the Advanced and Clearance charges.

I will try ordering some lipos and see what happens.
Happy again
Last edited by iam.mike; May 01, 2018 at 05:32 PM.
May 01, 2018, 07:20 PM

US Warehouse Brokerage is Killer!

To all Canadians ordering from HobbyKing USA warehouse, Don't!

Shipping to Canada is not "free" as advertised!
I placed a $67 dollar order as a test with the US warehouse.

Got an invoice from Fedex Canada:

GST $4.35
PST $6.08
Clearance entry fee $19.30
Advancement fee $10.00
GST 1.47

Total due to Fedex is $41.20.

So please Hobbyking (USA) use US Parcel service, but not UPS or Fedex.
The Brokerage Fees are killer!

Do the math. International Warehouse might be the better way to go.
Not ordering from US warehouse again.
Sorry.
Last edited by jborge; May 01, 2018 at 07:26 PM.
May 14, 2018, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam.mike
I was happy to order from the US with free shipping....not!!! Don't order from the US warehouse. I just got hit by fedex with huge brokarage fees. Each order was just over $50 USD and got a bill for over $80 CAD . You are better off to order directly from China. I have placed over 30 orders from China or other vendors without issue. The GST and custom fees was peanuts compared to $10 advance fee (WTFred is that) and $20+ clearance fees charged for each order. I won't be ordering from the US warehouse anymore.

Ok update: I called fedex and they reversed the Advanced Fee and Clearance Charges on both packages. They said to avoid future charges i is to setupa Fedex account linked to a visa card and advise them when you are receiving a shipment. If you do get an invoice just call fedex and they will charge it to your account minus the Advanced and Clearance charges.

I will try ordering some lipos and see what happens.
Happy again
Great advise but certainly some inconsistent information from FedEx. I have an account set-up and the advancement fee of $10+tax has been waived when I email or call in advance and link the tracking number to my account. However, that is for shipments from the International store. For the US shipping, I did my regular email and was told that they would watch for it. However, it did not work as I learned 6 weeks after delivery. When I called FedEx to complain, they did reverse the advancement fees and then ultimately the clearance fees (still had to pay the taxes, which was expected) - but they suggested that the calling / emailing in advance only worked for air shipments and not for ground shipments.....

Keeping an eye on this thread to hopefully learn from others!
May 19, 2018, 04:48 PM
$147 USD order. Have been billed $70 by FedEx for HobbyKing's 'Free Shipping'.

Not happy.

Quick Reply