5th Annual Sunset Beach Camp n' Fly weekend!! May 5-6th 2018 - Page 5 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Diceman89, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 05, 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Maybe we will get lucky and have the right wind direction for this site:

We had wonderful t-shirt weather this weekend. Probably back to normal cooler weather soon...

I really want to have a Stormbird for my build table too. Been wanting to take one home ever since they arrived at the shop.

I hope to have the Red Shift, Schwing (from 2 years ago) and Gremlin up and ready along with some of my other planes. Maybe fly the old 3 meter for the ISR again. Don't want to risk the RedShift just yet.
Crikey I'm jealous of that weather...

Not risk the Redshift?

Chook chook-chook-chook...

Doc J.
Feb 05, 2018, 07:42 PM

Sunset / ISR Redshifts.

Here's ours, Sunset Dudes...Reddies - ready for you guys to have nice stir on the sticks!

Despite everything being wrong with the design (according to the wise Troll community - yeah, right ) they still look good and fly better!

I'll post pics of the other planes as they creak out of my studio.

Get your thumbs (Fingers in my case) Ready!

We are really looking forward to this!

See ya there!

James & Julia.
Feb 05, 2018, 08:06 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
That one is, um...colorful! I purposely avoided all talk of colors previously, knowing that ANY color will displease part of the audience, regardless.
Not that i'll ever be in the market for a new-plane-purchase ever again, but is there a one-color-option? All red or all white? ....and surely you've fielded that question 10,000x already, sorry.

I'm just glad to try to steer around a true mouldie again, as it's been ages it seems.

FWIW, last weekend i attempted winter camping at Sunset and it was booked solid! I ALWAYS get a completely empty campground to myself (the main reason for winter camping!) and was highly disappointed...likely the freaky-good 75 weather was the culprit. Curses!

I'm trying to think of a yummy, easily made, large quantity of food for lunch on Saturday for everyone. Like a giant pot of chili, or spaghetti, or......something i could carry up to the slope...i dunno...
Feb 05, 2018, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader
That one is, um...colorful! I purposely avoided all talk of colors previously, knowing that ANY color will displease part of the audience, regardless.
Not that i'll ever be in the market for a new-plane-purchase ever again, but is there a one-color-option? All red or all white? ....and surely you've fielded that question 10,000x already, sorry.

I'm just glad to try to steer around a true mouldie again, as it's been ages it seems.

FWIW, last weekend i attempted winter camping at Sunset and it was booked solid! I ALWAYS get a completely empty campground to myself (the main reason for winter camping!) and was highly disappointed...likely the freaky-good 75 weather was the culprit. Curses!

I'm trying to think of a yummy, easily made, large quantity of food for lunch on Saturday for everyone. Like a giant pot of chili, or spaghetti, or......something i could carry up to the slope...i dunno...
Hey Chad - this plane is easily made all white with a red bottom (just like me) or for that matter any other simple colour scheme.

Its when people want (Must have or else I won't buy it!!) green and grey polka dots all over with "This plane is owned and flown by Joe Sixpack..." written on the wing in fluorescent yellow that I get leery.

Food? I wonder what would happen if someone brought a Hibachi or something, then everyone could BBQ whatever they like on it...

Good pot of chilli in case there is not enough wind?

GATOR steaks!!!

See ya there...

J&J.
Feb 06, 2018, 06:58 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Chad, if you will cook it, I will buy it!

Spaghetti is always well received and easy to make. With a little luck I will have a new (to me) travel trailer at the event, so should have a kitchen for you to make a mess in. For those that may not know Chad has done a heck of a job making gobs of food for the folks on the slope. Usually right on the slope.. LOL It can be tough to BBQ when the wind is blowing.
Feb 06, 2018, 09:26 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
I need to get a bigger-burner stove. I love my old school Coleman white gas stove for car camping. But it's only good for basic skillet stuff. Takes 40 minutes to heat 3 cups net, of cowboy coffee.
Thinking turkey frier to boil gallons of water (hot water for clean up is important.
Last edited by cityevader; Feb 06, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
Feb 07, 2018, 01:52 PM
Aloft Hobbies
If I have a trailer, it will have a hot water heater.
Feb 13, 2018, 11:02 AM
Still practicing the "save"
Had a blast last year. Looking forward to this year. Now if I could just get all these planes done for friends so I can work on my own stuff! I am happy to have friends that $$ me to build for them and I have been having good days as of late. My brother just picked up a couple planes from Adam, he is good to go now too. I believe Mike is reserving a little bit of his campsite for the two of us...
Feb 13, 2018, 12:12 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Good to hear Mo! This year should be a big turn out.
Feb 13, 2018, 12:18 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast

T-Shirt

Ok here is a t-shirt design. Still the same idea just a bit changed.

If no one wants any shirts I will only make one for myself, I am doing this all on my own. Making the shirts myself, not made though a company. So I just need to know if anyone is interested. I will not have any to buy at the event unless pre-ordered in advance. Thanks.
Feb 13, 2018, 04:52 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Better put me down for 2 XL and 1 L and since James is coming from overseas lets get him and Julia shirts. I'm going to say XL and a M??
Feb 13, 2018, 05:32 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Thanks Wayne.
Feb 13, 2018, 11:46 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Ok. Here is another design I just made.
It's one or the other. Which one you guys like better?
Feb 14, 2018, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
Better put me down for 2 XL and 1 L and since James is coming from overseas lets get him and Julia shirts. I'm going to say XL and a M??
Dead right, Wayne - and thanks.

We'll order 2 x XL and 2 x M if thats OK.

Many thanks!

James & julia.
Last edited by Doc James H; Feb 15, 2018 at 12:45 AM.
Feb 15, 2018, 08:30 AM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Awesome! I will be futzing with it some more. Now that I know most everyone likes the circle image one, I'll refine it a bit and post up a newer version soon.