5th Annual Sunset Beach Camp n' Fly weekend!! May 5-6th 2018 - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Diceman89, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 31, 2017, 12:20 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Awesome James, that sounds great! Wayne is coming out his year as well.

I will PM you.
Jeremy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2018, 01:26 PM
Yep, I'll be there one way or another. I have tents, but am trying to upgrade the accomodations prior to the event.
Jan 19, 2018, 08:37 AM

Prize.

Guys - I will be donating a Schwing 88 to the raffle.

I'm hoping to bring a couple of Redshifts, an Aresti 2M, a Stormbird and a Schwing Corsa.

All are now made in Taiwan, and will be available from Aloft Hobbies sooner or later (My delay not theirs)

Hopefully anyone can have a stir of the sticks at the event!

See if you like the planes.

Looking forward to this, a lot!

Cheers,

James & Julia.
Jan 19, 2018, 12:15 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Awesome James, thank you!!! Can't wait!!
Jan 21, 2018, 02:59 AM

13th weekend.

Hi Guys,

Its 2 weeks between Sunset and the ISR.

Does anybody know of any flying events, meetings, happenings etc etc on the weekend of the 13th?

Or if not maybe would anybody like to create an informal one?

As I mentioned I'll have planes for all to try, so maybe a test flying / just have fun weekend?.

All ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,

James and Julia.
Jan 21, 2018, 12:41 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
We usually fly every weekend. Some in different locations then others. It mainly falls on where we live and what we like to fly. North bay Flyers tend to go to the Slot or Tick point (Tick is closest to Wayne's House as you know) then going down the coast is Fort Funston, Thorton, Mussel Rock, Davenport, Windy Hill and Coyote to name a few.
For F3F style flying style The Slot, Thorton and Davenport are best. The rest are better fun flying sites. Mussel Rock is great for foam planes.
I am sure when it gets closer to that day, we will post in the San Francisco Bay Area thread where we are going.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post39026561
Last edited by Diceman89; Jan 21, 2018 at 02:38 PM.
Jan 21, 2018, 04:58 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Aw man, i can't wait to stir the sticks of Doc's planes. Seems like forever since i've flown a proper, production moldie.

Too bad i only have alternating weekends available, as i'd love to do two in a row!
Jan 21, 2018, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman89
We usually fly every weekend. Some in different locations then others. It mainly falls on where we live and what we like to fly. North bay Flyers tend to go to the Slot or Tick point (Tick is closest to Wayne's House as you know) then going down the coast is Fort Funston, Thorton, Mussel Rock, Davenport, Windy Hill and Coyote to name a few.
For F3F style flying style The Slot, Thorton and Davenport are best. The rest are better fun flying sites. Mussel Rock is great for foam planes.
I am sure when it gets closer to that day, we will post in the San Francisco Bay Area thread where we are going.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post39026561
Gotcha - I have flown (a little) at Tick point, Coyote, Sunset beach, and Davenport - though some of them were a very long time ago.

Maybe if the wind gods are with us we can set up an impromptu and let the wind decide the venue(s)

Sounds good and I'd love to see some of you Guys fly my models.

Cheers,

J&J.
Jan 24, 2018, 05:24 PM
That is a good idea.. Add some flying days to the ol' calendar. Maybe we can do a Southern slope on Saturday and a more Northern slope on Sunday?
Jan 25, 2018, 10:43 PM
F3J-F3K-F3F- What to Fly??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc James H
Hi Guys,

Its 2 weeks between Sunset and the ISR.

Does anybody know of any flying events, meetings, happenings etc etc on the weekend of the 13th?

Or if not maybe would anybody like to create an informal one?

As I mentioned I'll have planes for all to try, so maybe a test flying / just have fun weekend?.

All ideas gratefully received!

Cheers,

James and Julia.
SVSS has their monthly TD contest on the 12th @9:45 AM

http://www.svss.org/home.html
Jan 26, 2018, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
SVSS has their monthly TD contest on the 12th @9:45 AM

http://www.svss.org/home.html
Thanks, Dale.

Doc.
Feb 05, 2018, 01:28 PM
Looking forward to this event. Got to fly a little with Jeromy and a bunch of others at a super nice slope yesterday.. Just gets me even more motivated to get my planes ready for the fun at Sunset!!
Feb 05, 2018, 02:21 PM
I'm in a building frenzy getting ready for May too.

2 x Redshift - done
1 x Aresti 2M - on the bench
1 x Schwing Corsa - next on the list
1 x Stormbird - being eyed up

Problem is I haven't done this building lark for quite a while!

Made some mistakes, but I'm getting better...dooohhh

Right now I'm bum up - head down, in cold, rainy Taiwan, but looking forward to some fun in the sun! (Hopefully)

Cheers,

James & Julia.
Feb 05, 2018, 03:37 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Feel better!! This event is going to be great!
Feb 05, 2018, 04:23 PM
Maybe we will get lucky and have the right wind direction for this site:

We had wonderful t-shirt weather this weekend. Probably back to normal cooler weather soon...

I really want to have a Stormbird for my build table too. Been wanting to take one home ever since they arrived at the shop.

I hope to have the Red Shift, Schwing (from 2 years ago) and Gremlin up and ready along with some of my other planes. Maybe fly the old 3 meter for the ISR again. Don't want to risk the RedShift just yet.

Quick Reply