5th Annual Sunset Beach Camp n' Fly weekend!! May 5-6th 2018 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Diceman89, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2017, 04:42 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Discussion

5th Annual Sunset Beach Camp n' Fly weekend!! May 5-6th 2018

Ok, it is that time of the year again to let everyone know, as early as possible, when next year's event so we can all try to make reservations to camp for the weekend. This event always has a great turn out and I hope even more people will come out for 2018!! It is also a great time to sell off any of your slope planes or even be a "mule" for transportation for others. LOL
Make sure to bring out all different styles of planes for light to heavy winds just in case, plus it is always good to have a combat wing in the quiver for some kick the can that has become so popular.
I will be making t-shirts this time for the event, mostly pre-order only and I will put up some designs soon to see what the unanimous vote will be. So keep posted!
I will be contacting some vendors this year to see if we can get a raffle going this time! Make sure to take the days off now from work and mark your calendars!

Here is where you can make reservations. Make them soon, they book up quick! Make sure to type Sunset SB in search field to get it to com up correctly. In the event you cannot get a site, contact me or post up here to see if you can double up with someone. There are 8 adults to one site, so lets make room for everyone. Try to make reservations for camp sites 1-37, these are the sites closest to the flying area. The others will work as well, but best to get those. Here is the link to reserve campsites. https://www.reservecalifornia.com/Ca...nceSearch.aspx

Thank you and hope to see you all there!!!
Jeremy
Last edited by Diceman89; Nov 13, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2017, 04:53 PM
Jer,

Make it a Sticky
Nov 12, 2017, 08:35 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Oh man...i fumble with this each year...searching for the proper name of the campground within ReserveAmerica's listings...

One cannot just type in Sunset State Beach. It is a particular acronym, like an airport might be LAX, the campground is SRB or something, rather than the intuitive "Sunset Beach".

I bookmarked it previously, but that laptop got a 3-gallon engine coolant bath and died.

EDITED: one must type "Sunset SB" into the search field.
Last edited by cityevader; Nov 13, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:39 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader
Oh man...i fumble with this each year...searching for the proper name of the campground within ReserveAmerica's listings...

One cannot just type in Sunset State Beach. It is a particular acronym, like an airport might be LAX, the campground is SRB or something, rather than the intuitive "Sunset Beach".

I bookmarked it previously, but that laptop got a 3-gallon engine coolant bath and died.
You know I got ya Chad. I got our campsite. Unless you want your own. LOL
Nov 12, 2017, 08:46 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
But other folks searching for the campground name?

Man, this became a sticky FAST!
Nov 12, 2017, 09:25 PM
I am in on this, and I vote for Chad being the Director of Food and Beverage, or just Food
Nov 12, 2017, 09:44 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Hehe, funny...last year, i specifically said i didn't want to cook for everyone again....yet I still found myself purposely dicing all manner of veggies for a big salad, while stirring rice-a-roni and searing (what meat?) while also cooking....?

Good times that day, blending into good times that night, totally rocked!
Nov 12, 2017, 10:31 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Chad,
You need anything or any help (assuming you will take point on this) just say the word!

Mike
Nov 12, 2017, 10:53 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Dagnabbit....i just cleaned up after today's whole chicken, mashed potatoes, 5-hour-simmered-gravy, green beans/bacons chunks, hawaiin sweet bread.....and now i want all that while camping. (Recipe scales up nicely, actually)
Nov 13, 2017, 03:15 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Sounds good Chad! Let me know what I can do to help out

Confirmed my days off at work and have reserved spot #14 for 5-5 thru 5-7.

Now about that 5 hour gravy, don't that cut into flying time?? Might need to substitute for something else in the interest of saving our precious flying time!
My wife makes a mean corn pudding!

Mike
Nov 13, 2017, 03:16 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Nov 13, 2017, 04:30 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader
Done. Thanks
Nov 18, 2017, 12:41 AM
SagittaXC
Got 032 Can't Wait.....It's Always A Party!!! JT.
Nov 18, 2017, 12:59 AM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Beautiful Conard! Wow. Always fun having you their Jack!

Jeremy
Nov 18, 2017, 10:21 AM
SagittaXC
Thanks I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody!!! There's still a few sites left....Beware of the cheese shredder in photo #2. How many times have you hit that? J.T.