BoldClash CM-03 716 Insane 19000KV Coreless Brushed Motor for BWhoop B03 pro upgrade? - RC Groups
Nov 12, 2017, 02:25 PM
Discussion

BoldClash CM-03 716 Insane 19000KV Coreless Brushed Motor for BWhoop B03 pro upgrade?

Just noticed these soon to be available , I am going to get set as soon as possible, will review them here to see if they are better than my bwhoop b03 and b03 pro motors.

4x BoldClash CM-03 716 Insane 19000KV Coreless Brushed Motor for BWhoop B03 pro upgrate e011 7mm motor

https://goo.gl/EpZsu7

19000kv should be a fair bit more power and the b03 is already quite powerful for a whoop but I think my motors are either getting tired after a lot of flying or I'm just getting used to the power and want a bit more from them!

What do you guys think?
Is the higher kv likely to be more power or might the higher kv lose some torque?

Edit got them and they are great, took a few batteries to break them in and then they are definitely more powerful, make my b03 feel like a brushless quad almost.
Very easy to change with them being on plugs.
Motors come down like warm so I expect that they will last a long time.
Very happy.
Here is a video showing performance indoors.
Will do another outside when weather allows so stay tuned.
19000kv insane boldclash motors upgraded in b03 (3 min 20 sec)

https://goo.gl/EpZsu7
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Dec 01, 2017 at 06:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2017, 06:12 PM
i thought the stock ones were pretty good compared to 6mm. Give us a report when you test them!
Nov 12, 2017, 08:27 PM
FireHawx
I have some on pre order. At $8 (iirc) for a set it's a good deal!
Nov 12, 2017, 09:03 PM
can those motors go into a e012? even though 615's fit? (I think)
Nov 13, 2017, 01:18 AM
FireHawx
No, the e012 has even smaller motors. I have one and I think that the motors are smaller than 615..
Nov 27, 2017, 02:16 AM
Boldclash are having a cyber Monday sale
https://goo.gl/BKHBZC
Nov 27, 2017, 03:04 AM
I received these motors.... I will update my B03-pro review with them installed
Nov 27, 2017, 03:41 AM
Should be getting mine any day now then.
I'm going to put one set in the b03 pro and another set in the standard b03 but both with acro fw and fpv cameras on.
From a video I watched the other day they should really liven up both quads.
I will compare these to the b06 brushless bwhoop and see how close they are , I have a feeling they might be nearly as good but brushless also has the advantage of not wearing out.....
Bnf brushless whoop acro stunts around garden b06 boldclash has no problem with wet grass lol. (1 min 53 sec)
Nov 27, 2017, 05:31 PM
I've had a set of the Boldclash "insane" 716 motors arrive today.

In a quick thrust test on my scales they seem to have only the same thrust as the BWhoop Pro motors 😥 ~14.3g versus ~12.1 g of the original BWhoop B03 motors with BWhoop props.

Not flown with them yet, but seems unlikely that are going to be much different performance to the BWhoop Pro motors if different at all?

When will I learn not to trust the Boldclash numbers - been burnt before by then sending 14,000kv 6mm motors instead of 17,5000kv...?
Nov 28, 2017, 03:07 AM
Maybe they will work better after a couple of gentle flights? I found on my 615 motors that the first 2 flights or so on new motors we're a bit disappointing and then they start working better...
Also with the higher kv I wonder if static thrust may not be the whole storey, there might be more speed rather than torque so the props unloading in forward flight might allow the higher kv to come into play?
Still waiting for mine to arrive.
Nov 30, 2017, 08:30 AM
Mine just arrived 30 minutes ago, already installed and 2 flights under my belt , these are sooooo easy to install being on plugs.
As I suspected the first flight was not much better than the originals but after flying the second battery through after taking it easy on the first batt with brief flights of 30 to 60 seconds with a short rest in between to get the motors run in it flew better, I still took it easy but did notice less dipping when I did open the throttle, towards the end of the battery it was still not dipping corners like it usually does.
Onto the third battery once it's charged up and I will run about 5 through before I judge these properly and I'll update and maybe some video though it will only be indoors because it's COLD and windy outside.
Nov 30, 2017, 09:10 AM
I received them about a week ago. Was very underwhelmed compared to my 615 67000kv but I still don't know if the batteries I used are any good. Will wait for my new 250mah packs and give them a second chance
Nov 30, 2017, 09:10 AM
Third battery a little better again but still nothing amazing, but the fourth really felt quite a bit better, seemed to be a lot more responsive and felt "lighter" in the air somehow, had more speed and turned nicer without dropping corners and going straight onto the throttle was no problem after harder turns ..
Defo am improvement over the old motors, seemed to drain the battery down a little faster I got about 3:30 out of the stock b03 battery and 4 minutes from the b03 pro battery before LEDs started flashing .... But worth it for the extra performance.
Nov 30, 2017, 01:46 PM
how about a thrust test from a broken in motor?
Nov 30, 2017, 02:16 PM
I don't have a thrust tester set up and motors are fitted , I might try to set one up later but for now I wanted real world results ie how it flies.

Quick Reply