Nov 12, 2017, 08:02 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Cummings
I have a cousin, Gordon, who rises a 4 am every day and studies the bible for two hours!
Cool. .. ask him if there's a possibility that everyone gets saved.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:03 AM
turn, turn, turn.
That's all it took for me... The idea that the Bible could possibly say, that everyone gets saved in the end.
I checked it out, and it makes a lot more sense to me, and the contradictions disappear.

The end result is a profound thankfulness.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:08 AM
turn, turn, turn.
With a profound thankfulness, comes a true friendship with God... And since God is your friend, you want to be cool to your friends.

Now, instead of fighting these so-called demons to try and do good, it's a very simple matter just to do the best you can do for your friends, and not screw them over.

I do cool things for my friends because I like them, not because I'm afraid of them or afraid of what they'll do to me if I don't do good things to them.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:18 AM
turn, turn, turn.
The Pope even got on board a while back.

.http://www.catholicworldreport.com/2...wait-a-second/
Fair use :
.Okay, okay, here is what Pope Francis really said, in part, yesterday:

“On the contrary, the Lord has created us in His image and likeness, and has given us this commandment in our heart: Do good and do not do evil. The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, what about the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us first class children of God! We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all
Nov 12, 2017, 08:21 AM
But are you then not basing all or part of your salvation on your behavior towards others?
Nov 12, 2017, 08:23 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
So what you are saying is that the "many" in this verse means "all"?

19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.
Yes.
If the many includes sinners, and all have original sin, then the many also includes all, with regards to Salvation.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:25 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
But are you then not basing all or part of your salvation on your behavior towards others?
Nope, we are saved no matter what.

The point I am making, is that our motivation to do good to others comes from a friendship, rather than a duty or a fear of punishment.
Nov 12, 2017, 08:28 AM
Didn't Jesus say that His sheep know His voice?

That wouldn't include atheists would it?

Have a good Sunday morning Kenny, I'll catch you later...

Thomas
Nov 12, 2017, 08:37 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Didn't Jesus say that His sheep know His voice?

That wouldn't include atheists would it?

Have a good Sunday morning Kenny, I'll catch you later...

Thomas
Yep.
And yep, because eventually they hear it... Then they bow their knees and confess the name of Jesus.

Anyway, that's how I see it... hope you have a good morning as well.
Nov 12, 2017, 10:28 AM
Oh look a fly buzzin by !
Thread OP
Observation has shown me that pre-adolescents are innocent spirited, then as the adult chemistry starts flowing into the blood, they come home one day different. And with that look as Bevis and his buddy. They have made love to manure. And now their spirit is tainted with evil pleasure.
Nov 12, 2017, 10:29 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Kenny discussing what's in the Bible is rich.

One question that completely breaks any consideration that he has any kind of valued input and understands the meaning of the bible, is if Hell is real, and does anyone's spirit end there, either as a literal place, or mythic realm, for their sins?
Nov 12, 2017, 12:16 PM
I always found it funny when someone says their religion is the only true religion and everyone else is going to hell.
Nov 12, 2017, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
There is not a single teenager as "dirty a demon" as the current president Trying his darndest to help his oligarch friends
Nov 12, 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmanb
there is not a single teenager as "dirty a demon" as the current president trying his darndest to help his oligarch friends
hijack!
Nov 12, 2017, 01:38 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl
Kenny discussing what's in the Bible is rich.

One question that completely breaks any consideration that he has any kind of valued input and understands the meaning of the bible, is if Hell is real, and does anyone's spirit end there, either as a literal place, or mythic realm, for their sins?
No, Nobody ends up in hell. Hell is reserved for Satan and his angels.

Christ died for everyone's sin. God will save everyone in spite of themselves... Because He loved His Son so much.

Quick Reply