Dec 06, 2017, 05:59 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
I want foam tac !
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2017, 06:13 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is the EasyGlider v4 essentially at 'PRO' version of the past?
Also, is the airfoil different? I'm sure this version 4 has something different then the past versions,
but I cannot find it??

p.s.
Who will the the first USA vendor?
Dec 06, 2017, 09:03 PM
An Original!
From looking at the Easy Glider Pro assembly manual and comparing, it looks like the Easy Glider 4 is a big upgrade to the Pro. Lots of places have been strengthened and reworked. Don't know about the airfoils though.
Dec 07, 2017, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Is the EasyGlider v4 essentially at 'PRO' version of the past?
Also, is the airfoil different? I'm sure this version 4 has something different then the past versions,
but I cannot find it??

p.s.
Who will the the first USA vendor?
Airframe strength has increased, also there is a removable tail design. It's an overall improvement from the previous versions. I don't believe there were any changes to the wing airfoil.

The Easy Glider 4 is available exclusively through Weekender Warehouse, it will not be made available through other vendors.

http://www.weekenderwarehouse.com/easy-glider-4/
Latest blog entry: MPX Dogfighter clearance sale!!
Dec 07, 2017, 07:39 PM
Hi there just a quick question for you all...so I fly at elevation...around 4,500 feet in the SoCal desert. I realize that doesn't seem very high but from my experience the effect on performance and especially climb rate is significant. Is there a recommendation for a different prop that you should use at altitude? Maybe a smaller pitch but longer? I sort of remember some kind of general rule about that but can't recall exactly.

Thanks.
Dec 07, 2017, 10:04 PM
tic
tic
I just got my first foam tac glue. I bought the mini tubes as I don't need CA or glue very often and I'd hate to buy a big bottle and only use it once or twice and have it go bad. I've read foam tac shelf life once opened is 2 years and no need to store in the refrigerator, that's pretty good. It's pretty expensive though. I keep looking at my Heron for something that needs foam tac but I can't find anything.
Last edited by tic; Dec 07, 2017 at 10:35 PM.
Dec 14, 2017, 08:32 PM
Has anyone compared this plane with the
Multiplex FunRay?....
What are your opinions?

All new Multiplex Funray with 4s (4 min 47 sec)

Funray von Multiplex bei Starkwind (3 min 47 sec)
Last edited by rclab1; Dec 14, 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Dec 15, 2017, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Has anyone compared this plane with the
Multiplex FunRay?....
What are your opinions?
There is no comparison, they are 2 totally different airplanes. The EG4 is a lazy sunday afternoon flier with limited aerobatic capability, low power, really light wing loading, thermal capability for hours on end. The FunRay is a high performance seat of your pants airplane designed for high speed and excellent aerobatic capability on windy days with some thermalling capabilities still. It's like comparing a Cub to an F-16.
Dec 15, 2017, 01:58 PM
Or perhaps more accurately a sailplane to an F-16. Cubs don't soar very well :-) And no, I've flown neither, just a stickler for accurate similes.
Dec 15, 2017, 06:27 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
That Funray looks awesome ! but i need to take it Easy 4 awhile.
Dec 20, 2017, 05:21 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
i think my wife got me one for Christmas and is hiding at our daughters place. not 100% sure.
Dec 20, 2017, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
There is no comparison, they are 2 totally different airplanes. The EG4 is a lazy sunday afternoon flier with limited aerobatic capability, low power, really light wing loading, thermal capability for hours on end. The FunRay is a high performance seat of your pants airplane designed for high speed and excellent aerobatic capability on windy days with some thermalling capabilities still. It's like comparing a Cub to an F-16.
Please let me know if it comes faster then 2018.....
this plane looks fun
Dec 21, 2017, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Please let me know if it comes faster then 2018.....
this plane looks fun
Container is set to arrive first week of January.

You can place a pre-order through Weekender Warehouse and reserve yours today!

http://www.weekenderwarehouse.com/funray/
Dec 21, 2017, 04:53 PM
tic
tic
I would like a back up Heron as a Christmas gift from Hitec and Multiplex.. How do I go about getting that wish fulfilled? I would be happy to be the spokesperson for the Heron in my area. I already talked one club member into buying on after he saw mine fly.
Jan 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
"... you can get it in a small sport tube to take with you on a vacation or a soaring trip."

What are the dimensions needed for a sport tube? I purchased one as a gift and would like to get a tube to go along with it.

Thanks.

Quick Reply