Matek F405-AIO is the worst FC I bought - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 10, 2017, 09:12 PM
Discussion

Matek F405-AIO is the worst FC I bought

I just wanted to share my experience for people who might consider Matek FC.

So far I bought about 20 F3/F4 FCs and Matek F405-AIO is the worst and the first which I regret purchasing.

I have tried various methods of soft mount in the past but now I don't bother with soft mount not because it is ineffective but just hard mount is good enough even with PT1 and disabled gyro notch filter1 & 2.

So I built the new quad in such a way and what happened after is really frustrating.

At first flight there was terrible mid throttle oscillation in the range of 45~60% throttle. I could see it in the FPV display and could hear props twitching loudly. Luckily I never had mid throttle oscillation before!

The quad was quiet when just armed on floor without air mode. But as soon as air mode was turned on, it made scary attacking noise and almost jumped randomly due to too much sensitive/noisy gyro.

First remedy was to soft mount FC and then motors. Each step made the vibration reduced quite a bit but not good enough at all.

Finally after fiddling with Betaflight fliters, I had to reenable all of filters - Dynamic Filter, BIQUAD, notch 1 & 2.
Now it is as quiet in airmode on floor as other quads with hard mount and PT1/disabled notch.

This is the only FC that I regret buying and I would never buy Matek FC again although I had no problem with their PDBs.
Last edited by jhkanguk; Nov 10, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 09:18 PM
I know Joshua Bardwell mentioned in his video that Matek F405-AIO is known to have very sensitive gyro issue but F405 don't. So F405 could be ok. I just didn't expect the issue to be mine as well.