Flashed SPRACINGF3 firmware to Omnibus - Whoops! - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 07:53 PM
Discussion

Flashed SPRACINGF3 firmware to Omnibus - Whoops!

Good evening,

don't ask me how, but in short: 2 boards in front of me, one SPRACINGF3, other Omnibus AIO, wanted to flash both on to BF 3.2.1, and mixed up the firmwares. After flashing successfully (interestingly), my Omnibus now does not connect any more to the computer. No green light in bootmode, no response on the PC. When connecting the battery, it does not complete ESC boot sequence; then only a red light appears. Still no connection to the computer.

Did I just brick my FC?

Thanks, best, Phipo
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 09:46 PM
Don't call it a drone!
I flashed the wrong firmware once. The boot pads had to be shorted to connect for a flash to the correct firmware. Once the board had the correct firmware, it worked fine.
Nov 11, 2017, 09:35 AM
Yes - you have to force the board into BootLoader mode and reflash with the correct FW. This should work.
Nov 11, 2017, 11:23 AM
Solved: While i could not force the board into bootloader by pressing the designated button - no response whatsoever - i could by jumping the two pads the button is soldered to. Dont ask me why, after putting on the right firmware, the button works again.

thanks for your input!
Nov 11, 2017, 11:24 AM
Normally, you have to hold the boot button while plugging in the battery to get it into bootloader mode if the board is bricked. Glad you got it working again.
Nov 18, 2017, 06:20 PM
thanks again!