SPF3 flashes, connects to Betaflight, Cleanflight - but not INAV - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 06:45 PM
Discussion

SPF3 flashes, connects to Betaflight, Cleanflight - but not INAV

Hi

Tearing my hair out about this. I've bought an SPF3 with a view to playing with GPS on a quad. I can get it to flash and connect to Betaflight and Cleanflight but absolutely not to INAV. By putting it in bootloader mode, I've managed to flash it with INAV, but it won't connect afterwards - it does the 10s timeout.

I've got the latest CP210x drivers and STM VCP drivers installed - I think the latter is a red herring because from what I read, the SPF3 lacks the capability, so it has to use CP210x.

What's different about INAV configurator?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2017, 11:29 PM
I used to betaflight configurator to flag the inav firmware
Nov 12, 2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.Engineer
I used to betaflight configurator to flag the inav firmware
Sorry - you mean you used the Betaflight configurator to *flash* the INAV firmware? I can actually flash the INAV firmware with the INAV configurator, by putting the board in bootloader mode - I just can't connect to it afterwards. I've just tried flashing an older NAZE32 board - same thing - I can flash and configure in Cleanflight and Betaflight, but can only flash in INAV by putting in bootloader mode and then can't connect afterwards.

Most frustrating.
Nov 14, 2017, 03:45 PM
P.I. Engineer - you're a star. I don't know how you arrived at the idea of using Betaflight to flash the INAV firmware, but I've just tried it and it works. I can connect without problem to the INAV configurator now, so this SPF3 clone doesn't need to meet Smashy the Hammer! Hooray!