Wizard X220 - BetaFlight Issue - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 06:07 PM
Help!

Wizard X220 - BetaFlight Issue

First of all i am very new to drones, i jumped in the deep end hoping i wont drown!

I have bought an ARF Wizard X220 with a Flysky FS-i6s. After a few hissy fits taking off i managed to get myself up and running and at least up in the air - no major dramas but for a smashed antenna from a sliding battery (noob mistake i guess). Anyhow that isn't my issue here, i will learn these things as i go along.

The Problem

When i setup my Flysky FS-i6s initially everything went spot on and i saved my config. However when i change a single setting in beta-flight it knocks out my Flysky - the communication between that and the drone just vanishes. I reload my config and it does nothing still. So every single time i need to tweak my settings i have to reset my beta-flight and manually put every setting in. It's now getting where i want to tweak pids and all sorts with a laptop out on the field but this is annoying me to death. Full reset and manual input of all settings just to change a single setting / value

Any ideas what i am doing wrong? As mentioned above my battery took a slip n slide and smashed my antenna off with the receiver also bust. That has gone and i am awaiting an upgraded version from the stock one sent with the X220 (no more pointing up next to the battery). I am hoping this problem may go away with the new parts added but i am not holding my breathe, Anyone had a mad issue like this before? Sure i am just doing ONE thing wrong somewhere.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2017, 07:22 AM
Never had this problem with my Wizard x220 (losing FC settings). I've had it lose the RX type, but never all the settings.

I upgraded the SPracing F3 betaflight to 3.2 (latest stable build). Used a paperclip to bridge the jumper to get the board into bootloader mode to allow the re-flash.

I wonder if your issue may be the BF version you are running.