How to build a plane guaranteed to crash! - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 04:17 PM
Discussion

How to build a plane guaranteed to crash!

Here's my guide on how to build a plane that is 99% guaranteed to crash and there will be nothing you can do about it.

It's quite simple really.

1. Pick any model plane that you like but one that disintegrates on impact is preferable.

2. Buy and install a Spektrum AR6100e receiver, preferably a cheap one off ebay from a Chinese seller.

3. Install numerous carbon fibre rod re-enforcements into the model to insure maximum interference to the 2.4ghz signal.

4. Bench test all electronics are working perfectly first but DO NOT conduct a range test to make sure.

5. Install a battery that has a higher voltage than recommended so that the model hits the ground at terminal velocity.

6. Maiden flight should be conducted in an area that is new and unfamiliar to the user to ensure maximum confusion.

Should all these steps be met, destruction of your model plane is almost guaranteed,
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 04:24 PM
You can simplify this to just step 2. Those counterfeit receivers are CRAP!

Andy
Nov 10, 2017, 04:25 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Always a good set of excuses, never, never, pilot error

Ray.
Nov 10, 2017, 04:32 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
Have never had a knockoff fail in the air, but did have a genuine Spektrum out of the package cost me a $450.00 plane. HH replaced the rx, and never even said sorry for the loss of the plane!!!! Sorry Andy
Nov 10, 2017, 04:40 PM
Closed Account
what about jamming the Rx antenna in and around the ESC close to the motor for maximum interference and reduced reception?
Nov 10, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
You can simplify this to just step 2. Those counterfeit receivers are CRAP!

Andy
That's a very good point and one that I wanted to start a thread about.

I was a fool to trust this RX but I'm just starting to learn about counterfeit receivers and it's sucks big time!
Last edited by BenVK; Nov 10, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
Nov 10, 2017, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray
Always a good set of excuses, never, never, pilot error

Ray.
Yeah, whatever Ray.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:03 PM
Lemon RX's are dependable.
Nov 10, 2017, 07:50 PM
HAHAHAHA! Good post, good laugh!
Nov 10, 2017, 08:09 PM
serial scratchbuilder
Are not all planes guaranteed to crash? Mine are.
Nov 10, 2017, 08:49 PM
Been using a $10 storm s603 with one ripped off antenna wire for a while and never had a problem. In fact, I ordered another. My orange one also missing a wire and never missed a beat.
Nov 10, 2017, 08:49 PM
AMA 537620
It helps if you balance the model at 66% of the wing chord from the leading edge, and set your elevator deflection at 45 degrees up and down.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:31 PM
Sorry to see that happen. Personally, I would NOT use an AR6100e rx in a plane that size, especially an edf which usually takes up more space. Of course, a counterfeit receiver only makes things even worse. The biggest problem with the counterfeits is they are everywhere. Buying a spektrum rx off amazon or ebay is a very bad idea. I always buy from greathobbies or my LHS.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:44 PM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
I've had great luck with Lemon RX's
Nov 10, 2017, 09:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK
Here's my guide on how to build a plane that is 99% guaranteed to crash and there will be nothing you can do about it.

It's quite simple really.

1. Pick any model plane that you like but one that disintegrates on impact is preferable.

2. Buy and install a Spektrum AR6100e receiver, preferably a cheap one off ebay from a Chinese seller.

3. Install numerous carbon fibre rod re-enforcements into the model to insure maximum interference to the 2.4ghz signal.

4. Bench test all electronics are working perfectly first but DO NOT conduct a range test to make sure.

5. Install a battery that has a higher voltage than recommended so that the model hits the ground at terminal velocity.

6. Maiden flight should be conducted in an area that is new and unfamiliar to the user to ensure maximum confusion.

Should all these steps be met, destruction of your model plane is almost guaranteed,
The plane you illustrate is made out of discarded washing machine packaging material, probably discarded because it didn't meet the washing machine manufacturer's specification. You don't even have to make it yourself - its all done by some child in a Chinese sweatshop, right alongside those phoney 'Spektrum' receivers and the plastic garden bucket production line (the sort of buckets that crack after a month).

What did you expect to happen with such a toy?