Show me your workbench! - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 03:19 PM
Discussion

Show me your workbench!

Help! I've been flying a little over 6 months and with all the stuff I've accumulated to build & fix quads my work space is a mess! Can anyone share tips for keeping it neat and organized? My workspace is in the band practice room & gets shared with a computer and recording stuff so bonus points for any tips that allow me to store things under the desk or somewhere else when I'm not using them.

- How do you organize stuff? By quad type? By part type?
- Share a pic of your workspace
- Links to storage & organizing boxes, trays, etc.

Here's a video of my flying around the room that my workspace is in:
Practice room flight (1 min 54 sec)

Thanks!

- ken
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 05:24 PM
The Lurker
Video starts

BOOCAKE4U: "You get in there and whoop that drum set or we are done right now."

You delivered and also gave me a crash hit and a mic crash (8 points, plus 3x multiplier for the GK amp.)

I have a lot of hobbies and a lot of toys, so I can tell you this. Eventually you will want identical stackable containers to contain all your stuff. You start off with a small habit, and the little Glad or Ziploc tubs are plenty. Then you need more space. Some folks go for cardboard boxes, but this is only a stopgap. You need to just go ahead and get started on the hard stuff right away. Rubbermaid, Sterilite, these are the names you need to know. Make friends with your local dealer because you will be seeing him all the time and you want to stay on his good side. You might need a favor from him later, when it's time to move some of your containers into a storage unit. Then later, after you buy the bigger house (because a house is just a place to put your stuff, RIP G.C.), you're gonna have a lot of room at first, so you can get more stuff (and you will most certainly need a lot more containers at "friend price"). Later on, of course, you will have different rooms for different kinds of stuff, and eventually, you won't have to leave the house because you have everything good already. That's when you have truly won.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by BOOCAKE4U; Nov 10, 2017 at 05:29 PM.