Torrent 110 F3 driver needed!!!!??? Help!! - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 02:27 PM
Discussion

Torrent 110 F3 driver needed!!!!??? Help!!

Hey everyone.

Just got a Blade Torrent 110 and am having difficulty connecting to Betaflight. This is my first quad using Betaflight. I have it installed on PC. When I try to connect, just get an error of "Failed to connect to serial port."

Can anyone point me in the direction of the driver or whatever is needed to communicate with my Torrent? I can use PC or Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks all!!

Todd
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 03:48 PM
On the front page of the configurator, there is links to all the drivers you need. Likely just the VCP to connect to configurator and the Zadig to flash.

Joshua Bardwell have videos on installing drivers.
Nov 10, 2017, 03:51 PM
Voodoo, what is the VCP and the Zadig? I am a newbie to Betaflight. I connected the USB and the lights come on and beeps, but still shows a connection error. I will check out Joshua's videos this evening. I am not sure what driver I am needing for the Torrent F3. The manual just says F3 board.

Thanks!!!
Nov 10, 2017, 04:06 PM
There are three links on the front page of the configurator. The VCP and Zadig drivers are probably what you need. VCP driver so you can access the board settings. And Zadig driver to flash FC.

Watch video, things will make more scent.
Nov 14, 2017, 04:14 AM
Just use impulse rc driver fixer. Itís easier then using zadig.
Nov 17, 2017, 11:11 AM
This is the video mentioned by voodoo. It allowed me to connect my Torrent to BF for the first time.

Betaflight / Cleanflight Flight Controller Won't Connect | FIXED (12 min 12 sec)
Nov 17, 2017, 11:43 PM
Llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions
Just use impulse rc driver fixer. It’s easier then using zadig.
THIS ^^^

Just make sure the quad is plugged into the PC before running the fixer.

Impulse RC Driver Fixing Tool (for flight controller USB connection problems) (3 min 19 sec)