Nov 10, 2017, 02:15 PM
Discussion

Announcing the New PowerLab Touch Series from Revolectrix

Now taking pre-orders on the REVO SG and REVO USA sites. Click on the link for details.

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...t11.09.17.html
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 03:38 PM
First production units of the PowerLab 6 Touch and PowerLab 8 Touch are inbound from our manufacturer. We will be filling pre-orders for the single channel Touch products and shipping next week. We are sold out of the single channel first production run units at this point. New orders for the single channel units placed now will be shipped in late January as will all pre-orders for the Dual channel Touch products.

Thanks for your patience.
Jan 23, 2018, 07:54 PM
Unregistered User
Hello Jamie,

I have two PL8 V2s and they use the JST PA board header with the 2mm pitch. I'm going to stay with these chargers as I already have the Bump Controller as well.

Does the PL8 V2 board have two sets of solder pads, so the board accommodate the JST XH 2.5mm pitch header?

I ask this because I'd like to replace the PA headers for the XH type to "standardise" connectors since, you are moving everything to XH.
Jan 24, 2018, 04:08 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimy g eaou
Hello Jamie,

I have two PL8 V2s and they use the JST PA board header with the 2mm pitch. I'm going to stay with these chargers as I already have the Bump Controller as well.

Does the PL8 V2 board have two sets of solder pads, so the board accommodate the JST XH 2.5mm pitch header?

I ask this because I'd like to replace the PA headers for the XH type to "standardise" connectors since, you are moving everything to XH.
Dear Sir:

Sorry, no. The PCB is not set up to handle two different types of headers, only the JST PA 9 pin header.

Sincerely,

Tim Marks
President
FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner
Jan 31, 2018, 05:20 AM
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks
Dear Sir:

Sorry, no. The PCB is not set up to handle two different types of headers, only the JST PA 9 pin header.

Sincerely,

Tim Marks
President
FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner
Thanks Tim. Not to worry, they are great chargers and I'm happy to have them and the Bump Controller.
Feb 23, 2018, 02:02 PM
AA6JB
Revolectrix provided one of this new series of chargers to Model Aviation Magazine. I will be taking a closer look at it over the next few weeks and offering my personal impressions and opinions in a full review, to appear soon in Model Aviation Magazine. I posted up several studio photos of the charger in the Model Aviation Forum HERE.

Bright TFT touch screen, integrated Bump Technology, dual 1000 watt channels ... I have been using Revolectrix chargers since the days before FMA entered into a joint partnership with Revolectrix. The four chargers in this new series look like real powerhouses! Especially for pilots like myself who fly models that require larger capacity 6S packs for EDF jets.

Quick Reply